>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K or i7 9700K - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X or i9 9900K - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>8GB RX 570, RX 580, and GTX 1060 are standard choices
>RTX 2060 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>RTX 2060 is standard
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is standard
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: serveimage.png (1389x500, 2.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/wLtwbX
amazon.com/s/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_p_n_feature_keywords_3?fst=p90x:1,as:off&rh=n:172282,n:541966,n:1292115011,k:1080p ips,p_n_feature_keywords_two_browse-bin:6570747011&keywords=1080p ips&ie=UTF8&qid=1550544835&rnid=6570737011
pcpartpicker.com/product/dTfmP6/sapphire-radeon-rx-580-4gb-nitro-video-card-11265-07
pcpartpicker.com/product/MsWfrH/xfx-radeon-rx-580-8gb-gts-xxx-ed-video-card-rx-580p8dfd6
techspot.com/news/77313-do-need-re-review-core-i9-9900k.html
techspot.com/review/1781-geforce-rtx-2060-mega-benchmark/
pcpartpicker.com/list/DB7r8Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for build when you’ve got the funds, don’t fall for the WAIT meme

Amd is cheap trash

Bought i5-9600k and already have rx480, will try to overclock them both, noticed that I've bought 550w seasonic instead of 650w, will i do alright? Don't want to go through all the return bullshit.

Attached: 4403dc5f.jpg (454x484, 18K)

a) I don't like Windows, but I need it for games. You usually get it pre-installed when you buy computers, but I'm gonna build it myself. I guess I simply need to buy a license? Torrenting bundled malware is not an option.

b) Does staying on Win7 still work. or have most people been forced to Win10?

c) Should an R3 2200G and RX 570 be enough for Rust on mid-high settings, one monitor 1920x1080 and ~60 fps?

very thanks

When the fuck cryptos will finally die and make gpus cheaper again.

Attached: Blaire Ivory.jpg (675x1200, 141K)

Is 1440p/60+fps possible with this setup or should I stick to 1080?

Attached: Build.png (744x474, 40K)

They’re never gonna be “cheap” as the crypto crazed has set a precedence, just like the ram shortage did.

a) make an installation USB and buy a code from eBay for the price of a coffee

b) Moved to W10 from W7 and it’s seen fps increase across the board.

c) should easily run that. If you can bump it up get the 2400g instead.

Any recommendation for a decent wifi card? I have a super cheap tplink one at the minute and want something faster

Ethernet isn't an option atm unfortunately

Is the 2060 futureproof for up to 2 years? Asking for a friend.

Go for another tplink, a better one.

Impossible to know without stating what games you play. For many modern "triple-A games," not at high/ultra settings. Upgrade your GPU for that--drop down your CPU to the 2600 non-X if you need some extra budget.

cheers man, much appreciated.
as for c), is the GPU a bit over-the-top for that game?

From last thread;
What are your thoughts on the Steam Controller? Is it good for operating windows from start-up, and still decent for games?

My vision for pc gaming still involves TV, couch and controller - if I can bypass the need for k&m that’d be great.

No.

so i've had this freesync monitor for about a year now paired with a gtx 1070 and it's been fine for me but i decided to try out the gsync update which allows for freesync support. when i run the pendulum test it's mostly smooth but can have the occasional hitch which is pretty jarring. i just tried bf1 and the bottom of the screen where the ground would be has this same hitching and when i tried pubg after that to see if the issue replicates itself in that game i got noticeably bad hitching despite rivatuner showing my frametimes were almost all consistent with each other. it was the same result even after i unlocked the framerate so it's almost like adaptive sync wasn't even activated or something. it's a weird situation because i did a clean driver install to make sure it wasn't a dodgy driver install and the same thing still happened. i don't know whether it's
1. the driver because nvidia adaptive sync support is still new
2. the monitor because i got it on amazon warehouse (looked like a returned unit but was in supreme condition)

this monitor does have some issues which i have read online but those are other issues like having intense ghosting when freesync is activated but that's fixed by just turning it off and on again and i haven't seen anyone reporting the same thing i'm seeing. their experience with freesync in general is perfect by the looks of it. i'm at a loss here.

I'm using a 6 year old i5 and a 1060 6gb and can achieve 60fps in most things on high with meme settings turned off but a lot of the better looking AAA games really stress a setup like this, KCD for example runs at a barely stable 60 with optimised preset mods and most settings at medium

tl:dr
>Somewhat older titles with graphics mods and very easy to run AAA shit like bf1 yes with a few compromises
>Cutting edge stuff no

I wish I had saved the money I spent on my 1440p monitor and spent it on a better GPU

Save your money and buy one of those kb+m wireless board things

The most modern games I would be looking to play initially are Vermentide 2, Divinity 2, and maybe a few smaller scale titles I find on steam. Beyond that, most other games would be several years old (Skyrim/Fallout, Borderlands1/ 2, . Not terribly interested in the Fortnites and Battlefields.

Hey guys, I am wanting to build a new gaming pc, and have budget of 1700, I will be doing phot, and video editing too with this pc, and recording gaming videos. my monitors only support 1080p, and the only video connections on my monitor is dvi, and hdmi (dual screen atm) Is this good or could I do better for my budget?

>pcpartpicker.com/list/wLtwbX

Attached: 1452117320292.jpg (639x960, 58K)

So correct me if im wrong but what im hearing is get a 1080 monitor and splurge on the GPU?

I wish E-ATX boards were more common, the old dual xeon board filled the case up really nicely

Attached: spaceheater guts.jpg (1491x2162, 752K)

Yeah pretty much, get a better GPU and stick with 1080p for now, you can get a cheap but decent 1080p monitor for nothing now, then when you go to move to 1440 you'll have a decent second monitor and a GPU that can actually drive everything
If you do it the other way round you'll be stuck not wanting to go back to a lower res but also not being able to run things properly and having occasionally frustrating issues with somewhat poorly optimised titles

this

Alright boys, last time I upgraded my computer was 2015 and I'd like to upgrade my cpu and gpu. Currently I have:
>i5 4690k
>r9 390

Is now a good time to upgrade, or are there significant releases coming sometime this year? My budget is around 1000-1200 USD

So final OC Numbers are in
>CPU: Ryzen 2600
4.1ghz at 1.325v 100% load sees 73c (30min prime95 test)
>GPU: MSI 1080ti
Core: +80 (2050)
Memory: +785 (6280)
Temps: 67c (35min kombuster)
Temps: 64c (25min Unigine)
No visual artifavting in Unigine and minimal numbers (A blip every 20s or so of a single digit number) in kombuster.

How does this look? Thinking this is where I’ll leave her. Might dial the memclock back 10-15 as random micro stutters on Unigine.

What’s the next step from here?

Using your gayman PC to play gaymes instead of jacking off to numbers on a screen.

>Is now a good time to upgrade,
no
>or are there significant releases coming sometime this year?
yes
AMD's coming out with a bunch of shit wait for that

570 probably is a little bit if you’re just aiming for 1080p 60fps. You could probably go a little cheaper but check out some benchmarks on YouTube.

Do you really need to upgrade with that set up? I mean the gpu could use a boost but the cpu is still a solid beast at 4/8

Appreciate the input. I figured this would be a solid build for 1080 but was toying around with the idea of 1440.
Any recommendations for good 1080 monitors, ideally >$200?

why is it so hard for these autists to find a good cheap monitor
amazon.com/s/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_p_n_feature_keywords_3?fst=p90x:1,as:off&rh=n:172282,n:541966,n:1292115011,k:1080p ips,p_n_feature_keywords_two_browse-bin:6570747011&keywords=1080p ips&ie=UTF8&qid=1550544835&rnid=6570737011
just pick anything you want from there

Gotcha, I'll wait a while then.
I'm mostly disappointed with it's multicore performance, so I think I'll wait and see if AMD can deliver some comparable singlethread performance in what mentioned

Those monitors response times suck ass.

PC: pcpartpicker.com/list/c3TwFt

Monitor: bestbuy.com/site/lg-24-ips-led-fhd-freesync-monitor-black/5770302.p?skuId=5770302

Keyboard: amazon.com/Rosewill-Mechanical-Keyboard-RK-9000V2-RE/dp/B00UBQZPXK/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

WiFi Card: amazon.com/dp/B0713RRZMB/?tag=pcpapi-20

Any advice, recommendations, or changes I should make? I don’t play triple A games, mostly just casual ones.

>vandalizing the OP AGAIN to shill overheating and overpriced intel shit

Attached: inteli9hardboiledeggmaker.jpg (3840x2160, 796K)

>buy a code from eBay for the price of a coffee
how does this work? how are authentic codes sold from an inauthentic seller?

pcpartpicker.com/product/dTfmP6/sapphire-radeon-rx-580-4gb-nitro-video-card-11265-07

Get the nitro instead. It has a far higher boost clock than the power cooler

OH WAIT NO it's 4GB sorry. I'd go for the XFX instead. pcpartpicker.com/product/MsWfrH/xfx-radeon-rx-580-8gb-gts-xxx-ed-video-card-rx-580p8dfd6

>actually believing your retarded version of the OP is the real one
>when this one is actually the real one

I'm looking for a good computer monitor in the range of $100-200, 24" minimum screen size with a max vertical height of 47cm 18.5in. Any suggestions?

Attached: 51zp5yMjoNL._SY300_QL70_.jpg (300x300, 12K)

Yup, just picked up the R5 2600. Can't wait 6mo for next gen to come out. Now I just have to figure out which high refresh monitor to waste my money on.. can't wait for OLED

Any OP that has a cpu that is sold as a "overclocking" cpu that cant overclock without overheating is a retarded OP

Attached: 9900k has worse overclocking than ryzen.png (1327x1222, 69K)

can't be used without steam

Fuck every single one of you imbeciles who shill TNshit

You're fine

Unless you're playing really easy to run games, stick to high refresh 1080p

Easy, PS5 isn't even until holiday 2020

For video editing you almost definitely want an R7 2700/X

There's no locked i9 9900 "non-K" version, retard. Or is an unlocked SKU bad when it's Intel?

They're not gamers, they just want a monitor for normie usage. LMAO at you TN faggots who jerk off to response time and bullshit even when someone's not gayming
GET BENT THE WHOLE FUCKING LOT OF YOU FUCKING LOSERS LOOOOOL

>For video editing you almost definitely want an R7 2700/X
k doesn't matter when the cpu is pretty much at it's limit out of the box

Currently have an old i5 2500k + mobo, case and ram Would this be good enough to use for a NAS build? Or would it be best if I just get totally new parts?

>a) make an installation USB and buy a code from eBay for the price of a coffee
is this legit? on pcpart building website it lists the usb for like 200. explain pls.

That's way overkill, it'd do fine as a normal server

NAS requires barely any processing power, file serving is a fairly resource-light activity

im not talking about whether its locked or not brainlet esl intelfag

Attached: 2700xpower1.png (712x1441, 158K)

>For video editing you almost definitely want an R7 2700/X

even video editing for video games? I appreciate the feedback, too.

No idea but I used mine for both W7 (5yrs and still running fine) and W10(6 months so far) and nothing has happened
You can literally download a program from Microsoft that turns any USB into a W10 installation USB via an iso.

Hi guys, I was looking for a budget monitor.
1080p 60hz would be ideal but I can go a little higher.
Do you have any to recommend?

Attached: 1545951936898.jpg (284x400, 18K)

all you do is recommend that acer predator crap which is a monitor designed in 2015. buying that crap is the same as buying a 780 gtx when you could just buy a 2080 or 2070.

really now? that's cool. I'll have to look into it, that'd save me a lot more money than I was expecting.

You can use that has a decent FTP server serving multiple clients.

>im not talking about whether its locked or not
You literally were, shithead. "a cpu that is sold as a "overclocking" cpu" Funny how you call someone ESL but you're too stupid to use the article "an" before a word that starts with a vowel.

THERE ONLY ONE i9, AND IT'S UNLOCKED, aka can be overclocked. Try to use any remaining brain cells to understand that statement

Why are there literally no USB 3.1 gen 2 hubs?

does anyone here have an RTX 2080? if so which one? how loud is it? are temps a problem?

If I have an 8700K under a hyper 212 evo in a case with decent airflow, should I bother overclocking?

Attached: DzUVsX_UcAA8RsK.jpg orig.jpg (2000x3000, 273K)

>RTX 2060 is standard
based

Attached: 1537499573051.png (963x766, 499K)

NO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING

>can be overclocked
maybe look at the image again

is the MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR MK2 8G a good graphics card?

Gen 2 is Only just becoming a mainstream thing. Expect hubs in a few months

used gtx 1080, 400 bucks or new rtx 2070, 470 bucks ? Or else ?

I honestly just can't see it being viable for 1440p60 for more than a year. Newer games already make it chug hard and max out its measly 6 gigs, you better believe that by next year it won't be able to keep up.

>the new Core i9-9900K the official default clock multiplier table states that with all 8-cores active it will operate at 4.7 GHz
techspot.com/news/77313-do-need-re-review-core-i9-9900k.html
I know you're just derping around, but your image shows a clear overclock to 5.0GHz all cores

It's a 1080p high/ultra card and an entry-level 1440p medium card.

I have a 1070 / 2600k 4.8. Should I upgrade my cpu to a 8700k/9990k or say fuck it and get a rtx2080. My cpu has been running 4.8 for 8years now I think? I wanted to upgrade because VR and the only games I play nowadays is DCS/Il-2.

Attached: 1548449066831.gif (852x430, 1.02M)

Any recommendations for cases? I'm looking for something that can fit a 360mm radiator and probably a 240mm radiator too.

meshify c ;)

FD Define S2. 360 rad on either front or top

>300mhz overclock
WOW WHAT A HUEG OVERCLOCK

>"On the other hand, some Intel extremists now say that motherboard markers aren’t abiding by the Intel spec and are causing the 9900K to run too hot. That’s partly true, though I’m not convinced motherboard makers are really the ones at fault here."
You should read the things you post before posting them.

it's not a direct replacement to a kb+mouse but it's the next best thing for couch usage.

most games work well with it but there's some genre that are straight up not compatible with one.

>newegg for 100$
Checking out some reviews for this one, thanks.

What gpu should I replace my aging 980 with?

2080 ti goy

What resolution and framerate you want to target?

1440 144hz

Obviously meant to reply to you

Yeah you'll need a 2080 minimum for that.

What would a 2060 or 2070 get me?

2070 or 1080 for the oculus?

You could probably get 90-100 averages in most current AAA titles if you're tweaked some settings down for the tougher to run ones like MHW or shadow of the tomb raider. Depends on what you play but i'd guess if you feel your 980 is insufficient you're playing some tougher titles. A 2060 is only about 60% faster than a 980.
Here's a bunch of current games at 1440p. It doesn't have the 980 on there, but the 980 generally performs about the same as the 6gb 1060 techspot.com/review/1781-geforce-rtx-2060-mega-benchmark/

Doesn't the 1060 6gb come closer to a 970 rather than a 980

upgrade that bitch ass cpu. 2600k probably won't handle a rtx 2080.

What's the budget we are talking about? 1440p and ultrawide 1080p monitors that do 75Hz are pretty cheap these days.

Is the fractal design define R6 the best case that isn't a meme? Are there other cases without windows or other gayming shit that still are fun to build in?

Nope, it's around 980 level has been since the start, these days it's sometimes a lot faster since some games give trouble to older 4gb cards. Like RE2, it tanks the 980 and fury X, but for some reason the 4gb 580 is fine.
Wonder what that's about. Optimisation maybe.

Attached: perfrel_1920_1080.png (500x1170, 42K)

Yes.
-t.owner of card

Irrelevant to the topic at hand, shithead. Everyone knows the 9900K is a housefire

If you're trying for solid 120FPS for VR probably upgrade the CPU, although for most VR games I think the 2600K at 4.8 will suffice

>Wonder what that's about.
It means that your original hypothesis about VRAM is shit. When evidence goes against you, reconsider your original assumptions.

Are side-mounted radiators a meme? I'm looking at AIO for both CPU and GPU, and don't really want to front mount a radiator. I assume something like the FD Design S2's bottom mounted radiators behave similarly to a front-mounted radiator?

The NZXT H700i looks like it could work, but also has that shitty support bar. Any thoughts on ThermalTake View 71 or something from CoolerMaster?

>pcpartpicker.com/list/DB7r8Y

Any way I could improve this? I'm just trying to do a budget build for my brother.

For $20 more you could get the 2600, but I guess you're planning to use the integrated graphics of the 2400G? Personally I would drop to the 2200G and buy a used graphics card or something

What are the odds that the 2070 will have a decent sale before black friday

99.999999%