Too many white men in AI

>Write a 3,000 word article about why diversity in AI is important
>”A white guy won’t pick a good data set” is the main argument for why
>“You need diversity in the data, and more important, in the team that’s designing the algorithm,” Dr. el Kaliouby says. “If you’re a 30-year-old white guy who’s programming this algorithm, you might not think about, ‘Oh, does this data set include a woman wearing a hijab?’ ”

Attached: EC4E44A9-B9E8-4E7C-846B-0EC1010438A2.jpg (750x1003, 484K)

Absolutely based, reminder that wh*ties invented welfare. Don't need them to ruin everything again

>“If you’re a 30-year-old white guy who’s programming this algorithm, you might not think about, ‘Oh, does this data set include a woman wearing a hijab?’ ”
Oh, I absolutely would if I were making a terrorist detector, otherwise this would reduce the accuracy of the AI.

This is why the west will lose to the chinks

>Today most IA research are Chines or Indians
Usually research don't pick/clean or select data, other minios begin the data cleaners

95% of the time an "AI is biased" due to a "bad dataset", the AI was doing just fucking fine but you didn't like the result.

>Parole AI asked to determine reoffending chance
>Routinely says niggos more likely to reoffend
>This is seen as a bias in the system
>Niggos are statistically more likely to reoffend

I can't wait for societal collapse.

i'm willing to draw straws

>>“You need diversity in the data, and more important, in the team that’s designing the algorithm,” Dr. el Kaliouby says. “If you’re a 30-year-old white guy who’s programming this algorithm, you might not think about, ‘Oh, does this data set include a woman wearing a hijab?’ ”
Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

thas because they more likely to be suggested as guilty party by offended crackas, greater chance being arrested by the rayciss polis, be provided usless legal rep-re-sen-tation and more liable sent down by bias judge, etc. It systematic oppression imbalancing the statistic, y'see

I'm learning mandarin and I plan to defect to the Chinese once UBI becomes a thing.
Working for China doesn't sound so bad.

>doesn't like UBI
>joins a surveillance authoritarian State where he will be mistreated the rest of his life
>exposes himslef to lung cancer and dangerous counterfeit food items
>in a country where the Communist Party controls literally every aspect of its citizens' lifes
>all because Jow Forums told him UBI is bad
Why are you guys so retarded?
>

Good luck trying to get an AI trying to pretend trannies are women.

Okay but now that you've posted this on Jow Forums the CIA niggers know about your plan to defect and they are going to assrape you

implying crackas can't judge other races as well as any other race can judge races is a racist notion. time for jail, racist.

(((((Diversity)))))

Jow Forums in politics has always been a race to see who can be the edgiest authoritarian. Anyone who can't see that there are people who have a stake in pushing everyone towards authoritarianism lacks critical thinking skills.

>but if you're not with us then you're a libcuck and you enjoy watching black men have sex with your wife!
Oh wow anything but that! I wanna gas all the jews too! Authoritarianism for everyone!

Underrated

Hmmmmmm

Attached: 3529106844_e8ebe6f9a5_b.jpg (1024x768, 444K)

niggers baka

What's wrong with UBI? Not every retard is suitable for employment.

So much this.
They do what they say and they said they're going to achieve world dominance for the century of the party in 2049.
Given the current state of the western world, I can't say I'm reticent to this idea

you are too stupid/brainwashed to see past your doctrine that authority==evil
authority is no more than a synonym of "power" and the only question is where that power lies.
your brainwashing blinds you to the fact that by this thought-ending cliche of "rejecting authority" you are not really eliminating that power, but only, by sleight of hand, shuffling the authority in the hands of other people (those already embarrased with money and influence).
the question all philosophers of all ages have tried to address is not this stupidity of "rejecting authority" but of investing authority in a moral actor.
there is nothing hoarier than the platonic notion of the enlightened despot

They are by far the most efficient working society at large (not percentage but overall capacity). Their education and ethics are hundred times better. Not really hard to see who will prevail.

China doesnt want more trumptards you idiot. You shat the bed, no you have to lie in it.

Why doesn't AI developed in Black and Arab countries need less Blacks and Arabs working on it?

Because Black and Arab countries cannot develop AI

Maybe they could if Whites weren't oppressing them.

The real reason why AI is bad is because you can't learn anything from machine learning models. It's all a black box solution that cannot be trusted. Using neural networks to drive cars is an extremely retarded idea.

discord tranny

The reason AI is bad is because it's not AI.

>the most efficient working society at large (not percentage but overall capacity)
>not percentage
How does that even work? How can you measure the efficiency of a society without comparing the number of people in it to the amount the society produces as a whole?

I think the problem isn't even in black box itself, it's that you can't prefict how ANNs will operate on the data that differ from those in the training set. You just don't know. Like, I can make a pose estimation or activity detection or anything with ResNet or whatever's in vogue now. But what if some unrelated thing the contrast of my photo is lower than those in the training set? I don't know what will happen.
>inb4 normalize the data you dumb shit
That's just an example.

Often efficiency is measured in gdp per capita. But I believe there are other economic indicators of efficiency.

Nope, the chinks just copy-paste what the west does with 0% creativity, knowledge, or ability.

The same can be said about any other class of algorithms, and you can always perform black-box analysis. For example, you can develop and test a machine learning system, then train a random forest to mimic the neural network, then clean up the decision tree to be the basis of a classical expert-system-like program.

Dude just go to Japan or Vietnam or fucking Philippines. Why would anyone want to live under commie regime?

That's a really crappy example unrelated to real life. One of the main reasons deep learning is so much more popular than alternatives is precisely because it's robust against variations in the data. Even without normalization it should work well.

Because china is flooded with muzzies nigs and jews right?

No, and yet they still manage to be the most incompetent region in the world when science of any kind is involved. No better than india or other pooinloo shithole.

>implying living in China is better than living in a UBI western country
>implying you would have to courage to change your life so drastically as to move to China

Diversity isn't a problem in automotive repair, welding, teaching, law enforcement, etc.

Its only a Problem in the tech industry.

Just reading your recreation of the article you didn't link to (use archive, this way you look like a dishonest swine).
The solution is obviously to set up some kind of open dataset or dataset guideline. The white guy isn't looking to make his program shit. He just doesn't have the training set.
Increasing the staff size by N where N is the relevant diverse groups (people who like strawberry ice cream) is not an efficient solution.

That's not how it works. You still probably classify by some higher level attribute regardless of what you're doing.

Go fellate a tranny, faggot.

i hope that this creates an ai that kills all degenerates. with those datasets it will know how worthless retards humans are

Street-shitting robots when?

Attached: bebg.jpg (624x351, 44K)

The whole point of this technology is that you don't know what the relevant attributes are so you let the algorithms figure it out on their own. For this it's true that you need to make sure the target "audience" is in the dataset, otherwise you're fucked. But so long as the target audience is similar enough to the dataset, the algorithm's learned attributes are enough to make good decisions even if the new example has never been seen before.

Why are you mad?
Because I called op out on being an idiot?
I'm clearly not even SJW aligned, judging from my post.
Go be irrational somewhere else.

its because most people are retarded and cant handle the freedoms. the chinks know it so they wont do the same mistakes that others did

No that's oversimplified. You can make a 'facial recognition system for white men'. Or a 'facial recognition system for humans'.
If the former was your goal you should exclude the irrelevant training set obviously. If the latter is your goal you need a representation of humans.
If the latter is your goal you'll likely have a set of nodes where you identify high level traits (ethnicity for instance) to increase the power of the lower layers. They can be more specific. If you don't do that you'll end up with a shit solution to your stated goal.
ML isn't about going in completely blind to the situation and just having computers do _all_ the work. Some idiots on this board take that view. Some aren't even joking.
That attitude is for toy projects. And that can be fun.
>so long as the audience is close enough
That's the thing though. If you were looking for humans it's a bug in your program if you fail to detect someone with a foreign trait. It's not a user error.

I for one welcome our new chink overlords.

t. I get all my knowledge from pop-sci articles and r/futurism

>guy who’s programming this algorithm
>data set

fucking newspaper level bait. Algorithms don't have datasets. Applications do.

you ever wonder if Jow Forums tells people authoritarianism > democracy just like Jow Forums tells people to install Gentoo? ... naw, couldn't be.

tbfair since 2016 Jow Forums is mostly full of unironic flyover-state trash.

Attached: 1513158597373.png (320x431, 49K)

>you ever wonder if Jow Forums tells people authoritarianism > democracy just like Jow Forums tells people to install Gentoo?
and then some unironically try and believe that. Yeah that's actually how it got started I guess

Feeding it more diversity is just going to make it go full Skynet quicker. The more you know.

Nice meme
Is this the 90s?

It's funny because gentoo is currently the only usable linux distro because every other distro has been corrupted by corporations to the point they're unstable, security-hole-ridden shitware messes, and democracy has been corrupted by corporations to the point it hasn't been a thing in forever, if it had ever been a thing.
But I'm sure the parallel is merely tenuous!
Gentoo was used as a joke because of compile times therefore it was clearly never relevant and situations clearly never change!

Unfortunately no. It is the year 2019 and the chinks have yet to produce anything at all since the 1800's, and probably even earlier.

Tell that to South Korea kek

More like this, had to write a report on eye gaze detection in Uni, took me 27 seconds of very intense (not) thought process to ask if glasses or skin color would change anything. And I'm as white as snow, but not as dumb as diversity in tech.

>Gentoo was used as a joke because of compile times
>was

what chan do you usually go to?

Attached: ahem.jpg (473x442, 41K)

Attached: 1550526790801.png (847x2086, 2.13M)

Correct, now people joke about solus or void instead of gentoo because they actually tried it and realized it's unironically good and compile times are mostly irrelevant.

This is by design. Elites are migrating to China as the west fulfilled its purpose.

They have a good point though

we need again Tay "fuck niggers" Tay the best AI created

1- are you retarded or just pretending that anyone remotely asian is chinese?
2- it doesn't actually matters, tsmc doesn't invent anything just like hiroshima didn't invent anything (he literally bought Jow Forums what are you even trying to argue) and likewise the chinks never invent anything, which is a metric easily verified by looking at scientific paper output or by qualitatively evaluating the originality of the products they sell which are invariably cheap knockoffs of the competition.

No. Minorities are no better than whites at this except there are so few minorities in tech that any minority in there is actually a diversity hire and thus infinitely less competent than even the plumber at doing the task.

Diversity is awesome

Attached: ftfno6.jpg (709x1024, 136K)

>anyone remotely asian is chinese?
Taiwan is the Republic of China lmao
They can give insight to something you might not otherwise consider. And this isn't about minorities but keeping the team diverse, it could be an all Muslim American team who might not think about issues facing black Christians etc.

t. never actually seen what diversity means, never actually seen diversity "competence"
Not a surprise coming from a murrilard who doesn't know shit about geopolitics, but still assumes and projects.

>Not a surprise coming from a murrilard who doesn't know shit about geopolitics, but still assumes and projects.
>murrilard
>assumes
lmao why do you assume I'm American?

Nobody else can possibly be that clinically retarded and still legally allowed to use the internet.

Well I guess you were right about something, if you don't know shit you shouldn't assume.

Glad you learned something today, murritard.

>Not going to Iran where being Anti-Semetic is not only allowed, but encouraged
Why Chinkland?

change the word white to unethical and table = true.

You clearly didn't. To clarify, I'm not American lmao. Is it hard for you to admit when your assumptions were wrong?

FUCKING PATRIOTS

Nice response. You're saying you know less than popsci. Idiot.

Diversity of thought and diversity of race are not related. In fact if you lower the standards just to increase the diversity of race you decrease the diversity of though. Just because somebody has a different skin color doesn't mean he has different ideas.

Of course. And lowering standards to achieve diversity for diversity's sake is dumb. But there's a benefit to diversity of thought and people from different backgrounds can give you that, though that means much more than just your race.

I remember this topic being discussed years ago. After google made they app that categorized nigs into apes category