>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3400CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060 6gb, RX 570, RX 580, RX 590 for older or less demanding titles
>RTX 2060 thanks to 6gb VRAM is only good as a short-term solution; consider 1070/Ti or Vega 56
1440p
>RTX 2060 2060 thanks to 6gb VRAM is only good as a short-term solution; consider 1070/Ti or Vega 56
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerate and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080
>RTX 2080 Ti is better, but very expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: mypc.png (544x968, 1.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pfnzHA3-MhM
pcpartpicker.com/list/HHkcKB
amazon.co.uk/AOC-24V2Q-23-8-Inch-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B07FBVDRWL
fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/rfnQbX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My first build please rate and hate mates

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
Cooling: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro TR4
GPU: EVGA GeForce 980 Ti VR Edition
Mobo: ASRock X399 Phantom Gaming 6
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4x8 32GB
HD: Seagate IronWolf 10TB
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5' 1TB
Power: Corsair HXi 850W
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D

Mostly going to use it to 4k video edit and modestly play games.

Realistically, in a case with only screw holes for two fans (ok I'm reminded of this because of that fucking picture) would it be possible to somehow mount a third one, and where would you put it?

Second for build when you have the funds and don’t fall for the WAIT meme.

looks good other than the 860 pro being a dumb worthless product that isnt any better than the 860 evo, at your budget id consider getting a 960 evo plus

what's the cheapest media pc I could possibly build for my mom? literally just needs to look things up on the internet and be on facebook

Whats a good wireless adapter for fairly cheap?

Scour eBay for some Haswell setups. Just purchased a 4790k, mobo, hyper 212 and ram for $200

I need a Bluetooth adapter for my PC and I'd rather get something plug-and-play rather than a card I have to install. I had an ASUS one on Amazon on my wishlist for a while, but it's more expensive than the rest and has kind of spotty reviews.

There's many on Amazon, but I kind of wanted to go to ASUS because I know none of the other brands and I don't want some faulty or invasive chinkshit.

What's a good USB Bluetooth adapter? Honestly sort of thinking of going with the Asus, since every other review shows the others to be faulty chinkshit.

Attached: bluetooth adapter smaller.jpg (1440x1263, 228K)

Are there any reasons not to get a a320 motherboard if I won't use anything bigger than a Ryzen x600 and don't care about overclocking? I'd rather buy more RAM or a better CPU than pay twice or thrice as much for the mainboard.

Attached: am4chipsets.jpg (1138x637, 69K)

Just get a cheap ASRock b450m pro.

Hello case, my old friend
I've come to clean you again
Because a dusty softly creeping
Left its shit while I was sleeping
And the dust that was planted in my case
Still remains
Within the sound of WHIRRRRRRR

Considering upgrading 1050ti to something more reasonable like RX 570 or 580 for the following years.

Used cards seem way cheaper but they're all prob used for mining. What's the worst can happen with these cards?

Attached: 570.jpg (800x800, 90K)

Oh look it's the shit OP again

why do you retards keep buying trash every year? Why can't you buy something decent and enjoy good performance for a longer while costing you the same?

Take the time to look up some videos on YouTube about refurbishing gpus. Spend an afternoon doing that and you should be set.

That’s if you’re paranoid. Often most times you won’t even noticed unless it was a massive mining operation. Just use some common sense and it’s hard to get burnt

Refurbished thinkstation or latitude.
There are lots of great 24" AIO.
Check dell financial services refurbished, they often have coupons.

This. I got a 1080ti and it should see me through 1440p gaming for a good 2-3yrs to come (obviously with some settings tweaking but easily staying above 60fps)

looking for the best value cpu for gaymen right now ?

Attached: 1533241903469.gif (412x206, 168K)

used i7 2600k overclocked to 4.6ghz
best gaymen value for $100

2600, or 2600x if you’re not OCing

>buying an overpriced gpu that will age like milk

a320 mobos are almost all shit tier and b350 mobos are cheap enough

Got it for $470. If I get nothing more than a year out of it that’ll be justified. I’m bound to get at least double that

Well I'm running a 2500k rn and have been since 2012, so nothing worth the upgrade then I guess ?

>what's the cheapest media pc I could possibly build for my mom? literally just needs to look things up on the internet and be on facebook
Athlon 200GE or Pentium G5400, entry level mobo and 8GB of RAM would do just fine.
I've bought G4560 build for mine a year ago, moved 10 y.o. Gentoo from old PC and it's working great.

I hope you're the person above the guy who I replied too because that's who I meant to reply to

>RTX 2060 thanks to 6gb VRAM is only good as a short-term solution
Cringe
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pfnzHA3-MhM

Yea I’m the 1080ti guy. I just saw (You) and didn’t bother to read the linked post. Whoops.

Fuck it. I'm stopping overthinking it. I bought a G-Skill Ripjaw kit of ram for $320.
>2x16GB
>Samsung B-die based
>14-14-14-34 timings
>3200MHz
I was on the fence because of potential compatibility issues on my Crosshiar VI X370 board. But I saw reviews as far back as mid 2017 for the ram stating full out of box XMP compatibility with the Gen1 Ryzen and bottom of the barrel B350 board. Some were even claiming being able to get their ram to 3466MHz with stock timings and voltage. Let's hope it works out for me.

I haven't built a computer in years (pretty happy with my 4670k + GTX770), so I am not up to date with hardware, this is why I need your help and wisdom, guys. This build is not for me, but for a basic user.

>State the budget & CURRENCY
Eurofag here. A budget under 500€.

>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
It should be a mini-ITX machine for basic/office use, that should last at least 5 years.

>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
CPU+GPU. AMD Ryzen 3 2200G?
8GB of RAM (fuck modern browsers)
SSD.
Silverstone SG13B, maybe? The Lazer3D LZ7 would be great (pic related), but it is too expensive.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

My current setup is
>I5 4440
>R9 280
>2x4gb 1600 ddr3 ram

I only game in 1080p, so this has served me pretty well over the years. Still, I was wondering what the best budget option would be currently for 1080p gaming. I'm a cheap asshole, so nothing too fancy. I'm willing to try secondhand too.
Alternatively, what would be the budget upgrades to be able to play vr games? I might pick up a vr set if I ever find one at a reasonable discount. I'm sure I'll have to upgrade my gpu and ram, but would my cpu be good enough?

Unrelated question, how would I determine which fan is making noise in my rig? I always thought it was my case fan at the back, but that doesn't seem it. I think it might be either my PSU fan or my hdd, but I'm not sure how to narrow it down.

My friend gave me one, it's a orico brand
It works good but the blue light it gives off it a little annoying

pcpartpicker.com/list/HHkcKB

how about this?

Hey everyone! My friend is a huge poorfag with only 2000 PLN (~522$) to spare. He doesnt know shit about computers, but I can build him one no problem. Its just that I'm shit with optimizing parts for the price he's got. Any ideas on what build should I make for him? No monitor needed, its for gaming and a case would be nice.

You did great, I think it should be fine. If not, you always have the option to upgrade the CPU as well and sell yours. Don't forget to update the bios.

Thank you! I am checking every single component right now.

Just curious, is the 2400G worth the extra money? The TT Suppressor F1 looks nice, but I think I could get something even smaller now that we don't need a dedicated graphics card.

amazon.co.uk/AOC-24V2Q-23-8-Inch-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B07FBVDRWL

Is this budget monitor good?

I don't game too much so it's more for music production and watching movies. Seen some people saying VA might be a better option, I would consider it if it has less backlight bleeding than IPS panels.

>accidently buy lian li pc-o11 dynamic chassis
What build should I put into this case. Custom loop of course.

Attached: 1323222240001.jpg (409x409, 20K)

Don't buy it. It's shit.
I had to return mine.

I'm looking for an ultrawide monitor to replace my 24" Iiyama from 2014. The two that seem like the ideal ones are
Samsung LC34H890WJUXEN
LG 34UM88C

Would it be worth upgrading to either of these or is there a better ultrawide around £500~ that's worth getting?

Attached: 34UM88C_Product_image_01_Desk.jpg (940x620, 74K)

All this stuff always seems to be for high-end gaming PCs and the like. I already have a gaming PC that sucks about 1kw of power and I've done nothing but build PCs, but never got into single board low power usage stuff. All I want to do it build an ultra low power usage PC that can play most any video format at least at 1920x1080p, play youtube, & browse online without flash and similar killing it. HDMI out and USB is a must. I have a low power usage netbook, but even shit like youtube, webm, or recaptcha completely freeze it up. Recaptcha can even crash it. I don't want to play games on it. I don't need to stream anything other than say the odd youtube vid.

I've been looking into stuff like Raspberry Pi 3 B+ with perhaps something like LibreELEC + Kodi and it seems like that may work for the media part at least. However, internet browsing seems to be a whole other beast. I was thinking perhaps using more than one OS, one per microSD or similar. Anyone have experience with small stuff like this?

Attached: 0f94c139108c7e40feff07631de207ec.jpg (667x1000, 159K)

Amd drone cope over the 2060 stop changing the op you idiot

well it's 4/8 so it's gonna age better but i dunno, maybe a 4/4 2200g is already enough power for your build
and yeah you can go smaller, for instance fractal desing node 202. you can get it with a 450w sfx psu included too

A 2core/4thread i3 or a 4core/4thread i5?
I need a cheap CPU for a low-end PC. Will use it to mess around in Linux.
The mobo has a 1155 socket. I'll use 8gb's of ram and an SSD.

Attached: 1534893117426.jpg (4558x4542, 1.11M)

Im fucking tired of waiting for zen 2 and navi

>calibrate my new TN monitor
>looks like my old IPS
lol was it that easy?

My brother is ordering an i3 8100 h310 msi board 16gb corsair 2400mhz ram adata 480gb ssd seasonic bronze 620w and a 35 dollar case for 400 to go with the 970 i sold him. I dont think any more corners can be cut to keep the price down except the psu which i think its worth getting 620w for the future

>selling stuff to your own brother
amerimut families really do suck

You dont know my family you dumb euroshit ive given him plenty of expensive stuff over the years and i was going to sell the card

There’s nothing wrong with selling stuff to family, especially if it’s something of decent value like a gpu. I’ve sold heaps of my stuff to my brother over the year for way under what I’d get it for market.

After 9 years I'm finally putting together a new computer because my sandy bridge rig keeps blue screening constantly. I had 9 BSOD last night in a 1 hour period. Not to mention it's slow as shit.

Pic related is what I ordered. My question is, is there a way to migrate OS to the ssd? Am I fucked and doomed with the win10 watermark for replacing hardware?

Attached: Screenshot_20190219-065517.jpg (1080x2280, 294K)

Real cores > threads at any time.

fucking obsessed lol

Yeah if he decides he doesnt like it im sure someone on craiglists will give him 100 bucks for a well taken care of gtx 970

quad core is too weak these days

I think it will pair well with the 970. The 8400 i have is overkill for the 970. My brother is in college and i told him save money now and do a better build when you graduate. Saves about a 100 bucks over getting a 2600 and a decent mobo, and he is getting slow ram 2400 which isnt good for the 2600

>buddy bought into the i9 meme

How do I convince him to return this shit? I even fucking OFFERED to buy a Ryzen 2700x for him but he still willingly chose to throw his money into a literal furnace.

I9 is a better cpu though its just a waste of money

>I9 is a better cpu
If you pull out all the stops to sabotage Ryzen, then yeah, maybe. In fair benchmarks the i9 barely managed to stay above 2700x, and Zen 3 will completely curbstomp it.

Thanks for the info amd marketing team.

Built my first (potato) machine 2 months ago and went for two DDR4 4gb sticks, the Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS4G4D26BFSB (1 x 4GB | DIMM DDR4-2666) were my choice, pic related. Turns out one of them was faulty from the start and now I can change it for the same one or for another brand. What do you guys recommend? Should I still go for the same stick or try another one? Wouldn't getting 2 stciks from different brands affect it? Have to go pick it up in a bunch of hours. pls help.

Attached: file.png (1000x520, 305K)

>implying
Shouldn't you be answering a phone right now Pajeet? Trying to scam some old granny into installing ransomware on her 'Puter?

>buying physical ram
>not just partitioning a ramdisk on an ssd
Everyone, laugh at this n00b.

What RAM speed should I buy for using dual rank dimms on ryzen 2?

You mean Ryzen 2000 series?
3000 or 3200 mhz with as low a cas latency as you can find.

Post some of those benchmarks of the 9900k losing out to a 2700x im curious now.

Really? I heard that you can't get dual rank sticks to run as high as single rank and that's what everyone recommends for single rank.

Hey I want amd to compete as much as the next goyim.
But stop being such a drone
9900k beats 2700x in everything but it also costs twice a much

I've seen benchmarking and I really can't get my mind on that.
For streaming, recording, gaming, 1080p goal +100FPS
>Used 1080 ti, $550 or
>Brand new 2070, $480 ?

Help me there /pcbg/ bros

I dont buy used shit so id get the 2070 but the 1080ti is faster

fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/rfnQbX

How did I do Jow Forums ?
Need the small formfactor.

>benchmarks

Yeah fuck (((reviewer))) benchmarks
>whoah this 9900k submerged in liquid nitrogen can clock faster and perform better than the Ryzen we have a piece of copper taped cooled by a bunch of guys blowing into the socket crazy how much better i9 is huh

What GPU do I need with my 2600x to get 120-144fps on most AAA games at high settings at 1440p?I'm ok with not running everything at max, but do I have another choice other than 2080 ti/hope Navi isn't another disappointment?

Wait. Until. Navi. For. Fucks. Sake.

Thanks pol for your input

>had to wait for Vega, 590 and Radeon VII
>have to wait for Navi as well
Fine

>invoke the coincidence indicators
>pajeetel's in the thread instantly switch into Defend Israel mode and call Jow Forums
Like fucking clockwork.

More power to you if you want to buy a 20 series card and burn your house down. You do you kid.

Don't do this, Navi is going to be a midrange card.

144 fps @ 1440p needs a LOT of power, especially in AAA games. 2080ti seems like a must to be honest, one step down (1080ti/2080) would work too since you're ok with lower settings but that's not a great way to start off a build.
Navi will probably be midrange should it ever see the light of day and therefore at the level of a 1070 at best.

looks good, except that that cooler is tiny. Does the next bigger one (Noctua NH-L9x65) not fit? The 2700x is a big chip (pour vous).

Intel NUC.

Buy a 2060 friendo

I've been running CF 390s for a few years now. If they haven't burned my place down yet I doubt a 20 series card will.

>but that's not a great way to start off a build.
Well I'm really only looking to upgrade the GPU. I've already got a 2600x/16GB ram. Just tired of running 1080p/60 fps.
>Navi will probably be midrange
God I hope not. I honestly prefer Sapphire cards.

Step up to 1080p 144hz. Its the resonable thing to do

I wonder as well but I'm not sure I want to take the bet, things are going to be quite cramped already. C'est une grande puce, en effet.

Which HDMI cable should i buy? I don't have any and never needed one until now.

GTX 1660 Ti HYPE!

why would we be hyped for a $270 1070?

>being hyped for underperforming overpriced cards just because it's new and from Nvidia.
until we get 1080-level performance for $250, there' no need for hype.

What gpu should i use for med. cad work on a budget?

What are some RTX 2060 models i should avoid / pick? I don't know how well updated the link in the sticky is.

All the dual fans and triple fans are fine its doesnt matter.

They pretty much all perform the same unless you go for a pro card.

>Waiting until 2020 for midrange garbage
the absolute STATE of amdjeets

>prices of cards cheaper on Newegg
What are some good 580s on amazon

Is nvidia going to release new high end GPUs without ray tracing shit? Those ray tracing cores are a waste, 1080/tis are becoming scarce and I'm not going to pay for those shitty meme RTX cards

>Is nvidia going to release new high end GPUs without ray tracing shit?
Why would they do that?

because the RTX line was a failure?