What's your opinion on pic related? AOC Q3279VWFD8, 32" IPS QHD

What's your opinion on pic related? AOC Q3279VWFD8, 32" IPS QHD.
I want a big monitor for general use and this is pretty cheap where I live.
Your take?

Attached: 51lvD8yj+yL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x716, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/asus_ml239h.htm
testufo.com/ghosting
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i would recommend a 4k monitor for 32 inch. The ppi of 1440p is not great at that size.

have a 27" aoc its pretty gud

no that brand but I have a 3840x2160 32inch and I love it, it's like having dual monitors

i would not get less resolution at that size

Attached: 15434278571222.jpg (1414x810, 357K)

>IPS

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

this

Yes I would go 4K but i'm trying not to stretch the budget as I have other expenses in plan.
This goes for way less of 250€.
Also, right now I'm on an IPS FHD 24" asus and want to upgrade.

Also a stupid question: how the FUCK I can buy a 4K, 50" TV for about 400€ and monitors almost half the size of that cost the same or more?

yes they have that glare and I don't like it. There is a VA version of the same monitor and I'm not sure if I want to trade the colour quality

then buy a smaller one. only 2560x1440 @ 32" will look ugly

Not OP, but when looking for budget monitors, is VA more recommendable over IPS?

I was really happy with my LG IPS234V before I had to sell it due to a long move. The only downside was the backlight bleeding.

Considering technology has slightly advanced since then, would I be equally satisfied with a VA panel?

I do understand the point but I kinda don't want to go down on size.
I'd really want to look at it in actual use but don't know where to look at it. I am thinking about a sendback if it really looks crappy

The PPI is probably fine depending on your eyes, PPI is more of a preference than anything

>Also a stupid question: how the FUCK I can buy a 4K, 50" TV for about 400€ and monitors almost half the size of that cost the same or more?
The sales model for TVs and monitors are completely different, TVs have very low if non-existent profit margins and TV makers are lucky to make a dime off a TV sold
Monitors have always been a product that has always been able to sell with a decent margin since the rest of the PC market especially PC components have also always been low margin

>The sales model for TVs and monitors are completely different,

So what if I look for a 32/40 inch 4K TV and use it as monitor? right now I do feel kinda jewed as the first 32" 4K monitor is listed at 380€ on part picker.

I mean, the model I posted in the OP is nice because the price is low and i get a tailored product for my computer, but the "TV as monitor" itch is there.

The smallest 4k TV is going to be 43 inch at least
and there isn't anything necessarily wrong with using a TV as a monitor as they have gotten quite good with PC compatibility over the years
You do have to do some research on whatever models your looking at for numbers on input lag and such but here is what to expect
By and large all TVs are VA panels with some exceptions
Your only connector option is going to be HDMI 2.0
Some settings may have to be enabled in order to get proper color and low input lag

The PPI is exactly the same as 1080p 23" which is ~90ppi - which is perfect for a monitor.

You're a retard.

> 1 200 : 1 static contrast
>84% adobe RBG
why
Thats some weak stats user.
This is what i got when i tried to find similar cheap monitors with same ideas.

Attached: Opera Snapshot_2019-02-19_193340_www.prisjakt.no.png (1417x1576, 783K)

Unless your specifically working with 10bit programs, anything at least 100% SRGB is good enough

Yes, smallest I found is a 40 inch samsung. Now it can be a little too big as I' like 2 feet from the wall and I don't want it to be so much in my face. 32" would be perfect.
Also don't know input lag and whatever.

right now I'm leaning of getting that monitor and because Amazon i can get my money back if I'm not satisfyied.

I am sorry user, but i really like my blues, reds, yellows and greens.
And blacks.
Which is generally terrible in modern displays.
Day of PWM Freesync Oled can't come soon enough

Depending on what monitor you had before it's going to be an upgrade at least

ASUS ML239H

>Its actually been decently reviewed
>tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/asus_ml239h.htm
800:1 contrast? Not bad.
I guess its going to be a more than reasonable upgrade regardless.

>PPI is more of a preference than anything
What an idiotic statement. PPI is one of the most objective measures of how good a screen is at displaying a picture.

PPI just tells you detail for its size, but not detail
Contrast tells you the difference between bright and dark, but not how dark it is
SRGB and NTSC theoretical tells you how the colors are, but not how they curve between colors or when dimmed for darker colors.
Response time scales with framerate, in both PWM and sample-and-hold. And behaves very differently in terms of motion clarity.

My only voice to this opinion is that 1440p and 1080p -> 4k output doesn't produce eye gouging artifacts.
Unlike 728p -> 1080p
Its a reasonable thing.

When talking PPI for PC use, yes it is a preference as the higher you go the smaller UI and text elements will be
There is scaling but it's still shit if your not integer scaling

I have it. It's amazing for the price

Are you retarded? Have you ever compared QHD 32" and 4K 32"?
The PPI-ratio is perfect. No retarded scaling-option necessary in Windows, also no pixels visible.

Just buy a 4k display

My gf has that one, it's great. I have the VA version, also good. You get great colors and not so great blacks.

OP here, thanks everyone for your opinions. Would go directly 4K but it's over budget for now, gotta save for other, more important things sadly, I fell for the home owner meme with a GF.

Right now I'll get the QHD IPS version, if it is not good i can send it back with money back, thanks to amazon enslaving sellers.

This. 4K at that size would just make you suffer through shitty scaling to get the same desktop space as 1440p.

I have it too. it's unbeatable at this price for a 32 inch 1440p.

Mine arrived with one dead pixel though and I was too lazy to bother with returns, waiting for a replacement etc. So if you get a good panel it's definitely worth it for the price. Image quality is decent. The catch is that it has nothing in the way of ergonomics, only a slight tilt. Doesn't even have vesa support. It has good I/O, though.

Avoid it. 27" is the max one should go for at 2560x1440.

Nah, I have a 27" 1440p and it's fine, though it would still be fine stretched a few inches larger.

>AOC
fuck off commie bitch

You would have to sit back a bit further.

I have a 1440p 32" VA display. I switched recently from 1080p 24" IPS.

I'm loving it. ppi is pretty much the same and everything is sized to my liking without scaling. The colors are vibrant and I honestly don't see a difference when comparing to the IPS screen right next to it. If it's a good deal and you need a new screen, just get it - most people here are way too fussy about the numbers.

I've heard that VA panels have unbearable ghosting issues.

Just checked on this website, not sure if it's actually usefull for this:
testufo.com/ghosting

I can see ghosting on both monitors (at least I think - might just be my eyes). Slightly different but that's probably due to the different refresh rates (IPS is 60Hz, VA 70Hz). I'm having a hard time imagining a use case where this would be an actuall issue. Plus, again, I don't see much of an difference between IPS and VA.

Definitely have ghosting on my 40" 2160p VA display, but not enough that I'd call it unbearable, its somewhat difficult to tell where the ghosting stops and actual human visual afterimages begin with some of the tests.

Looking at some reviews seems like they still have issues going from dark to light. It's pretty bad compared to IPS, worst case is literally like 30-50ms.

yes, I bought MSI mpg27cq and returned it after a week. The ghosting on dark colours was unbearable coming from a 120hz TN panel. I kept pausing in games and panning it was so distracting.
Its even visible on the desktop or scrolling through websites in dark themes.

Looking for a another monitor now I've ruled out all VA panels, it's either Dell s2719dgf for £350 or whack out £550-600 on a decent IPS panel, not sure if IPS is worth the extra 200

also got this coming to.me
freaking out a bit cause coming from crt

The glow isn't that bad on the monitor the op is looking at. The black is pretty black outside of the parts with a slight glow.

Welcome to downgrades everywhere
Enjoy your stay

Attached: Crt_shadowmask_versusslotmask.gif (800x600, 754K)

16:9 is aids once you've used ultra wide 21:9 or 31:9
>ips
Unless it's high refresh rate >75hz forget it.

My ancient 29" LG from 2012 doesn't do this because it's flat
Curved fags btfo

Not true ips has shit black levels in motion but colours look amazing despite backlight issues
Oled is still the best but ghosts on lower brightness so it's either burn your eyes out or blur
>implying the average CRT screen was any good.
I used then alot and 99% where compete garbage ghosting phosphor trails gate issues regular degaussing decay issues colours washing out.
Most of them shit their pants at higher resolutions and refresh rates.
Although 1280x1024 100hz back in the day I had this massive 21" donk
I miss the black levels and this hdr shit we have now doesn't come close.

>Oled is still the best but ghosts
Sample and hold vs PWM is not a issue to take lightly user. Any sampleandhold is going to be terrible at displaying anything but static pictures, because that is how the technology works.
While PWM needs strobing to do its magic, meaning it can have visible strobing. Even Apple realized they wanted PWM in their OLED to avoid blurry visible eye cancer.
>I miss the black levels
Don't we all?

Best picture tech I ever saw was plasma I fucking miss it I wish I could find a big 2k 60" set and I'd never have to get shit lcd again
My amoled phone screen is ok but no way is this tech ready for bigger screens the burnin and blur sucks

>Oled is still the best but ghosts on lower brightness so it's either burn your eyes out or blur
You sure about that? Ghosting is when a display physically can't change colors fast enough and you see the color on the screen. Blurring is your eyes doing their own sample and hold and blending motion together, hence why fast objects become blurry, same deal.

>Sample and hold vs PWM is not a issue to take lightly user. Any sampleandhold is going to be terrible at displaying anything but static pictures, because that is how the technology works.
>While PWM needs strobing to do its magic, meaning it can have visible strobing. Even Apple realized they wanted PWM in their OLED to avoid blurry visible eye cancer.

You would have to be very sensitive to PWM flicker to have a positive experience with it. There's a reason why scanning backlight and strobing sync up with the frame refreshes.

Attached: c8.jpg (450x770, 56K)

I got the VA version.
I do prefer this one since I value high contrast and the near glossy coating, but the IPS one is probably a safer recommendation.
No non-sense 75hz with Freesync (unlike the HP 32"s that choke with Nvidia cards), low input lag, cheap as chips. You don't even have to apply an ICC profile to get great gamma with the IPS model (according to pcmonitors.info)

The only things I would like about these models is an option to swap one of the physical OSD buttons for a brightness shortcut (only having buttons for useless game mode presets + sound volume when there arent't even speakers is SUPER retarded), and maybe an option to VESA mount

1440p 32" is just fine PPI wise, but getting used to such a large amount of screen space does take a little while

What was the exposure on the camera, faggot?

>I want a big monitor
why you want a big monitor?

Just remember you need a $300+ USD GPU to make the most of it. Make sure it has at least 8 GB VRAM.

WTF THIS BITCH GOT A TV LINE TOO?
I FUCKING HATE THAT COMMIE BITCH AOC
TRUMP IS GONNA MAKE HIS OWN TVS ONE OF THESE DAYS TRUMP 2020

Here's a (you) for your trouble.