computers are making people fat

> computers are making people fat
> computers are making people cruel
> computers are making people lazy
> computers are making people ignorant

I don't know why I should want to contribute to this. Anyone else here have ethical struggles with being a programmer?

Attached: thenewright.jpg (960x960, 164K)

No.
People have always been this way, computers simply provide easier access to the things people want.
And it's a double-edged sword - computers also allows you to access to all of mankind's knowledge instantly.

using a car is unethical because its more efficient than walking

Information is not knowledge. You can ingest authentic, true information while totally failing to miss its signficance.

Poor diet is making people fat
The repeal of the balanced news law is making people cruel
The decreasing paycheck is making people lazy
People are not more ignorant. IQ levels have been going up for decades.

>People are not more ignorant. IQ levels have been going up for decades.
Flynn effect has leveled off years ago and may be reversing again.

>Poor diet is making people fat
Your diet can be pretty shit if you're physically active. Computers disincentivize people from physical activity.

> The repeal of the balanced news law is making people cruel
This just doesn't make sense. The state of news law has nothing to do with people personally or profesionally attacking each other in the way they do online.

> The decreasing paycheck is making people lazy

This doesn't make sense either. People in poor countries are often very striving.

failing to understand* its significance, sorry.

computers arent doing any of that shit

The computerization of society is forming an insulating layer around the human individual.

no

Attached: a1f1f82d11e9c61c7776414bf025b17c.jpg (1200x832, 175K)

That was just people on a train. People are now like this 24/7.

>computer tells people they can eat over 4000 calories a day
>people get fat as a result

There's your proof

If you want to experience being in a group then you have to join a group.
The Earth is too populated, there's no way millions of people can know each other, and so they will mind their own business, as there's no knowing if a stranger is dangerous.

Imagine actually being fat.

Attached: the_pace_of_modern_life.png (483x4160, 537K)

How comes transhumanism decelerates to nature?

Holy shit, this is what I really call redpill.

Funny to realize that humans always wrong trying to predict the future.

I'm a computer science major and the more I learned about technology the less I wanted to do with it. I then thought I'd hide away in academia but I can't participate in that on moral grounds too. I've unironically grown more kaczynskian everyday. Now I graduate and have no idea how I'll support myself or if I should get over it and pursue programming.
I have no remaining enthusiasm for technology now

Attached: 874CB50E_23FB_4BB5_801B_ACAF84333AEE.jpg (1000x667, 776K)

Humies are shit and have always been shit, can't wait for our machine overlords to exterminate us

Just do a trade nigger. Inexpensive to get into, and every man is capable of learning how to repair shit.

Because it's a shit image and all four of those are "End Game" scenarios of people who would fall on the the Far-Right Highly-Authoritarian corner of any political compass.

Corn syrup is making people fat
Social media is making people cruel
Cars are making people lazy
Msm is making people ignorant

That's like saying books make you stupid cruel fat and ignorant. (bible doesn't count)

Authoritarianism is on both the left and the right. The difference is that left authoritarianism is immoral and right authoritarianism is humanitarian.

More schooling ? Oh no!

I'm sure there are alternatives. Like shadowing some guy who does it, or volunteering.

>Cars are making people lazy
automatic transmissions make people lazy
cars are just fine

> computers are making people fat
computers are also helping bring people out of starvation-tier poverty
> computers are making people cruel
there were always cruel people, computers didn't really meaningfully change their amount
> computers are making people lazy
computers save time people had to spend on pointless bullshit, letting at least some of them do meaningful things
> computers are making people ignorant
people were way more ignorant before the internet provided common access to information - it's just that with internet, you also interact with more ignorant people more often

>left authoritarianism is immoral and right authoritarianism is humanitarian.

Attached: 1893D2BB1C48437EB04CCA7DCB01E85E.jpg (1362x1321, 113K)

No, I'm not working for any social media, disinfo or fast food company. Also I don't blame the tool for people's choices.

>

I'd only agree with laziness

Does laziness agree with you?

>but I can't participate in that on moral grounds too
Why not?

just let it burn

What do you dislike about tech?

>> computers are making people fat
there's nothing about computers that makes people fat
if anything, being at the computer is taking people with fatty fattums habits from being in front of the fridge

/thread
There is nothing new under the sun, but plenty of people to bitch and moan about it

Do whatever, just dont push your agenda to me or others by force, if you try to, get ready to spit blood.

nice blog, where can I subscribe?

Even tho I am really right leaning, I would still prefer my individual choice and freedom, thanks. I do care for others, just not everyone. And those who I care about I can help very directly. Collectivism is bad, doesnt matter if its left right or some other spectrum.

the spectacle is, retard
read debord

Attached: 180px-Debord_SocietyofSpectacle.jpg (180x284, 21K)

Yes, I know what you mean, I used to have/still have this problem too. What bothered me more was the impact it had on me, like worse sleep, sitting in a chair all day etc. Just overall feeling like computers and especially smartphones should be reduced. But I think this is just a feeling and logically it doesn't make that much sense not to want to be a programmer because of this, because it can be applied to a lot of jobs. Do you think lawyers or business-people are more ethical than programmers? Are their jobs healthier? Surely no. Most of the time if you want to sell your product, you have to take a little advantage of your customers. That's just the way it is. I mean, I see your point and sometimes you should just listen to you heart and go do what you feel is right. If helping people is your primary goal, then there probably are better jobs for you than programming. But programming on it's own is in no way unethical and letting this logic ruin programming for you is stupid. I'm sure you could make some awesome software and make others and yourself happy about it :)

Why are you even in this thread

>when you lick boots so hard you get high on shoe polish

Food makes people fat stupid!

These ideologies are beyond left and right. You can't just put everything into neat little political categories that align with whatever parties have power in your country. Try thinking outside two dimensions and you'll see a lot more possibilities open up.
And if nothing else maybe you'll quit perpetuating the fallacy that the politicans on either end of the legeslative chamber in EVERY country must be like the politicans on either end of the legeslative chamber in YOUR country. It really makes things clearer when you specify "French left" or "Tibetan right", and for that matter there are possibly places with no left or right because the chamber is a circle with an odd number of aisles.

By the way, computers don't do these things when people control everything they do. They do these things when large consumerist corporations control what the computers do.

>computers are making people fat
Not really, poor diet is making people fat.

>computers are making people cruel
I don't see how. It's like those boomers who say shooting games create school shooters or whatever.

>computers are making people lazy
Maybe if you're sitting on your ass all day long on the computer. Is that the computer's fault or your fault?

>computers are making people ignorant
This one's the dumbest to me. Anyone can learn anything on the internet through a computer. There is an endless amount of information available to the public for free on the internet.

My only concern with computers and technology in general is how the radiation affects our health.

Our body is an obsolete evolutionary legacy, at our exponential growth life will not be sustainable to our consumption level.

The only way forward is to map consciousness into digital machines, where we could live infinitely, travel the universe,etc with minimal energy expenditure.

Have fun breaking your back all day long for $15-20 an hour working (usually) in unfavorable weather conditions with trashy cigarette smoking coworkers.

I'm not a programmer but computers don't make people fat, cruel lazy or ignorant, people who are fat, cruel, lazy or ignorant are that way independently of the existence of computers or not.

These ideologies are beyond left and right. You can't just put everything into neat little political categories that align with whatever parties have power in your country. Try thinking outside two dimensions and you'll see a lot more possibilities open up.
The image makes more sense (to me) when it's not superimposed on the typical political compass but just it's own thing.

>And if nothing else maybe you'll quit perpetuating the fallacy that the politicans on either end of the legeslative chamber in EVERY country must be like the politicans on either end of the legeslative chamber in YOUR country. It really makes things clearer when you specify "French left" or "Tibetan right", and for that matter there are possibly places with no left or right because the chamber is a circle with an odd number of aisles.

By the way, computers don't do these things when people control everything they do. They do these things when large consumerist corporations control what the computers do.
based user is based

I don't know how I fucked up the formatting this bad, I swear I'm just tired

yeah people were all perfectly fit, kind, hardworking and very wise before the invention of computers.

if only
you seem like one of those idiots who thinks that just because people aren't talking in person they aren't talking
people are more social then ever to the point of detriment
if people were actually isolated it wouldn't be a problem

>anyone can learn anything
That's part of the issue though. There are so many lies on the Internet

There has always been lies. They just were harder to find out. This is also a point in favor of technology.

This is true but now people can just find whatever they want, whether it be true or not, and indoctrinate themselves with it.

Unironically based

Now people have choice, yes.

better than authoritarian indoctrination

>towards nature
>transhumanism

Attached: however_it_doesnt_eggs.jpg (345x396, 94K)

you do ayuhuasca when you are being uploaded

computers make me lose weight but muscle mass as well tho they motivate me to inject steroids and adrenaline in some cases

Then be smart enough to take the truth , but not the lies.

Kinda of a nice retard filter , heh

> towards technology
> Malthusian correcting collapse