What music players do you use Jow Forums?

What music players do you use Jow Forums?

Attached: walkman_nwa35.jpg (725x672, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B07LC646K6/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1
support.spotify.com/pt/article/high-quality-streaming/
youtube.com/watch?v=yOuAkLJC_Sk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

my smartphone

This + bluetooth headphones that support aptx-hd.

Rockboxed Benjie T6 + Tin T2
fuck touchscreens

Attached: n.jpg (392x463, 69K)

Pic-related. Really long battery life and it supports lossless audio.

Attached: 61+4C9PDgiL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 95K)

Rockboxed iPod Classic

What's the ThinkPad of music players?

my phone you boomer faggot

Definitely my smartphone.

Dedicated players are just worse. Poor codec and downloading/streaming support, poor UI, one extra (generally slow-charging) device that is less effective than a power bank anyhow.

Still using my Zune until I can find [current year] MP3 player with the 3 features I need.

Attached: zune brown 30gb.jpg (400x300, 18K)

>only supports up to 128gb
fuuuuuck that’s a shame. why even support lossless at that point. all I want in life is a cheapish player that
>has physical buttons/no touchscreen
>plays FLACs
>512GB+ sd card support
>bluetooth compatibility cause why not

fuck I forgot the most important part which is good file management/navigation

old ass sandisk with micro sd slot

Attached: SanDiskRockBox.jpg (800x448, 72K)

>windows
winamp
(winamp is not a music player)
>GNU/Linux
mpd + ncmpcpp
>Android
Vanilla music

I miss mine. Had the issue where the headphone jack on my zip and could only find a video on the clip+ on how to open it but guessing the zip wasn't meant to be open and the thing just straight up stop working.

I use that one. Its nice. Plus if you use media go you get themed shuffle playlists.

I literally just use YouTube in a browser because I can use ublock origin to block ads.I make sure the streams running at 480 as anything above that's a waste of bandwidth and anything below it has lower quality audio (due to how Youtube transcodes).

Astell&Kern 240 because I'm not a poorfag.

sony zx300

Is /pmp/ general dead or is it a monthly thing now?

Attached: 1528581997039.jpg (3024x4032, 811K)

i had an ipod nano that looked like that walkman but i lost it somewhere. now i dont listen to music in public

The Pioneer XDP-30R is a sweet piece of kit provided you can find it on sale for $200.

Attached: xdp-30r_lifestyle-banner.jpg (1482x347, 336K)

>Bluetooth headphones

Attached: 1550561025920.png (500x522, 141K)

Bluetooth is best for when you are moving around a crowed space. If I want to wear headphones when I am working I can't use a wired set because the cable will get snagged and pull right out of ears or phone. Convince > Performance every time.

Attached: 1550265913967.gif (320x272, 1.66M)

>Walkman
fucking hell, there was this one old Walkman I used to have that had the most natural bass booster function

????

ipod classic 5.5th, 128gb sd, rockbox

>itunes
>youtube rips of mixes
>retrowave asmr? wtf?
wew
there's lots of good futurefunk/synthwave you'd like on Bandcamp for free, get good quality tunes, user

Attached: 1448831829456.jpg (1462x1462, 189K)

nah, man. Im good with my garbage. I like the convenience of just drag and drop the rips and listen to random songs while driving

Gets the job done...

Attached: zip_clip.jpg (445x766, 66K)

He's never been outside, ignore him.

smartphone because there isn't a single good music player in existence

this looks good. Practical but I would choose other playlists

They were 50% off when I went to buy mine. Wish I bought two. I'm an idiot.

Rockboxed iPod Video

>Flang P5

It is cool having it at the beginning but that knob gets annoying pretty quick if is in your pants against your tights

Attached: mp3.jpg (800x800, 136K)

Put the cable under your T-shirt or jumper and you'll never have a snagging problem

Audio-Technika LP120 and modded PSX

Not anymore, audio is always the same

>is that flang in your pocket or are you please to see me :^)

Just ordered one of these, how is it, besides the knob?

>all people dont do this naturally

Is it because its cool to walk around entangled in your apple headphone cable?

eh where can I get one of these

Attached: 1466281153530.jpg (960x544, 167K)

>paying extra for a snake oil music player
>paying extra for wired headphones that make you look like an incel
no thanks
I'll stick with my iphone and airpods

I use it with various headsets, Bluetooth and wired and the quality is great on both.

I mainly brought it for the a e s t h e t i c s but its also pretty thought, it has fallen and got kicked and still works great.

I would say a good product for the price, I paid at the time 65€, not cheap but a good price.

Attached: 0temp - 30lug2018 057.jpg (833x925, 97K)

I got mine from ebay, but I think they also sell them on Ali express in europe or alibaba on the US

whats wrong with itunes, youtube rips or retrowave asmr?

>something that's better is snake oil
no
>paying for headphones you have to charge
god no

>itunes
multiple better alternatives
>youtube rips
shite quality
>retrowave asmr
I can't image what that would sound like,,, seems like a false title to get more clicks
Just found the video now it's literally city pop, not retrowave or asmr fucks sake

Dude you know there is a bot for telegram to download songs from spotify right? you don't have to listen to youtube rips anymore

Its called music hunters

faggot.

Attached: 0temp - 30lug2018 102.jpg (391x336, 105K)

Been wanting to buy one as well. How’s the battery life?

none, i stopped listening to music with headphones after i got tinnitus

Stop projecting, I use regular ear buds and have a G5.

That wouldn't work with pants pockets because I am moving around a space where the cabinet knobs stick out near my waist. So even if the cable is under my shirt it will still stick out a little from my pants pocket. I might have to get a shirt with an inner pocket and just put my phone in that.

a zune

>multiple better alternatives
for you. user prefers itunes, not being able to understand that the needs of others are different from your own is a literal symptom of autism.
>shite quality
its good enough, or as good as anything else you find out there, you can't hear the difference.
are you implying spotify has better quality than youtube? i'd bet its just about the same

shanling m0 , because my sansa clip die the screen.

itunes is pretty clunky n thick. For windows anything is better, for mac swinsian is pretty good but it's not free, almost identical to itunes without taking forever to load animations n that
I thought Jow Forums obsessed over small shit like this

Since youtube is a video platform and spotify a music platform I'd go as far as to say, yes.

They also have different compression algorithms, and also you can download flacs with that bot.

>download flacs
are you downloading flacs or are you downloading into flac format?
I didn't say it was my player of choice, but to rip on someone for the software they actually use as opposed to yours, is truly ridiculous, who gives a fuck. I like winamp 2.83 for a music player but for organizing i can see the advantages of itunes vs many others, different people have different needs at different times. this type of xyz vs yxz is autistic bullshit.

From what the dev says the flac is the original flac, the rest is the compression method used by spotify which has better quality than youtube's.

Attached: Capture.png (633x879, 169K)

that simply does not make sense, it would imply that spotify streams flacs, which as a claim can't even be substantiated, more likely, it is the highest quality stream upconverted to flac

that user was using Itunes and a mac, and from what i can tell he pretty much just drag and drops files into the ipod tho

I've always thought that itunes is just a mac music shop

lasts around 6 to 6 hours, fren. Granted, i mostly use it around 2 hours per day.

is this one any good?
amazon.com/dp/B07LC646K6/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1

Attached: Capture.png (705x663, 359K)

Spotify does employ “Loudness” normalisation, which adjusts the playback level on a track by track basis so that every song, regardless of its individual “loudness” and average level, plays back at the same perceived volume.

The current (Oct ‘17) target loudness of Spotify is in line with the other large platforms (Youtube and iTunes) at -14 LUFS. The adjustments made to individual tracks are simple level adjustments and do not affect the audio quality.

If you are talking about data compression, the answer is; Significantly in real terms. However the codecs used in the premium streams are very capable. So much so that few people, even professional listeners, can reliably tell the difference between the 320kbps stream and the original lossless PCM file.

If it's rockboxed then it's drag n drop, otherwise it's gotta sync

>rip on
I just said there are better alternatives. I use it to format album art n track titles etc. But as a player it's barebones while using more processing power than other barebones players.
How can you get winamp on Mac though? I thought the website says it's compatible but the downloads are all .exe?

wtf are you 600 lbs?

>support.spotify.com/pt/article/high-quality-streaming/
Spotifys website says the highest quality file it has to stream is 320kbps OGG format and 256kbps AAC. so if you're downloading FLAC, its upconverted from one of these.

Thanks! Doubt it would stay for long, but it's way more comfy than deezloader and have no problem with abbreviations (for some reason I've never managed to get correct results for groups like D.R.I. or S.O.D. in deezloader)

I like the knobs, bought it because it has bt tho.

>Rockboxed Benjie T6
>fuck touchscreens
this

Attached: t6.jpg (1278x1000, 290K)

I need to stand close to the cabinets because I work on the counter above them.

Is the Ipod touch my best option if I want podcasts?

does rockboxing these fix the issue where you hear the amp pop from the cpu waking it in low power mode

i rockboxed it immediately after i got it and i've never had that happen to me for almost a year now
what do you mean "waking it in low power mode"?

i worded that poorly
youtube.com/watch?v=yOuAkLJC_Sk

never heard anything like that on my t6
that sounds more like a faulty sample than a benjie t6 problem

This doesn't fully solve the problem. The cable still sticks out where it goes from your shirt to your pocket and will snag on things if you're working/moving around.

For example when I'm using a weed eater or chainsaw the cord will sometimes get snagged as I move it around. Even without a snag the excess cord in your pocket works it's way out as you walk, so you have to stop and stuff it back into your pocket now and then.
Seatbelts also become a problem. For example the waist seat belt on my tractor restricts the cord from moving much, so when I turn to look behind me the earbuds get yanked out of my ears.
You can add some slack inside your shirt or run the cord over the seatbelt, but it's just a hassle compared to wireless.

Of course having another battery to charge is a downside, but even my cheap $30 pair has an 8hr battery life. More than I'll ever be using them in a single day.

- folder player for offline music
- xiialive for live radio
- viper4android
- plantronics backbeat go 2 bt headphones
- mini to mini usb otg cable to charge headphones with phone

This works great

Attached: Cayin-N3.png (800x707, 233K)

This costs only 65€? Looks like at least 400-500€ esoteric unit, really cool.

I mean I brought it used on ebay, seems like it was a Kickstarter product or something

/thread

That's because its interface and cpu is 1999 mp3 tier.

remember 20 years ago when most portable electronics looked like this

the flang is a piece of shit its not a proper DAP its just a pretty case on the outside it cant even do 24bit

its like the polar opposite to my Zishan which is a plain monolithic box but has a DSD DAC and balanced differerential ouput circuitry

> yep the 2000s were a dark time in audio and styling we actually went backwards in sound quality

Attached: IMG_7377.jpg (3264x2448, 1.41M)

(there is no audio general so I'll post this here)

So let's say I want to convert DSD files to PCM (specifically ALAC) for usage on devices that don't have the best DSD support but are great for hi-res PCM.
This is what my foobar setup for this looks like right now based on sporadic forum post reading, will this suffice for DSD64 and DSD128 to hi-res PCM? (I'd prefer to stay at 88kHz since all of my other hi-res music is at 24 bit 96kHz and for space reasons, but I don't really know about the other settings like LFE and DSD2PCM mode, I'm pretty sure I should be using the 30kHz lowpass filter but I don't know what that 64fp setting means, or the other 32fp 30kHz lowpass setting, or which I should be using.)

Attached: i don't kno nothin.png (2323x1398, 1.74M)

iPhone 8plus™

Everything else is peasant-tier®.

>not having that and a redundant 3000$ lotoo paw gold touch

i dont know what any of this shit means but nice trips

This.

I use my iPhone 8 Plus with my Lightning to Headphones adapter.

you literally can't hear the difference between 16 bit 44.1khz and 24 bit 88-96khz

enjoy your snake oil though

>DAPs can go way beyond $1000

How big of a meme are those?

Above 500$ you loose all semblance of value. The lotoo gold touch is state of the art though.

I love Speak English or Die and Dealing With It so fucking much.

Also why not just go full autismo and manually tag your mp3s

Cowin J3 for with Hifiman RW262 and Momentum 2 when it's winter

Been running the setup for 6 years now and the J3 is now showing signs of slowing down sadly

Attached: 1548391034787.gif (416x307, 2.58M)

nah you can fuck up DSD if you don't convert properly

ipod classic or benjie t6?