Is being a "digital nomad" a meme? Is it an unachievable, childish fantasy, or actually a legit career option?

Is being a "digital nomad" a meme? Is it an unachievable, childish fantasy, or actually a legit career option?

Attached: best-places-for-digital-nomads-e1531635097295.jpg (500x334, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qKh-K_pHg7w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I heard the digital nomad master from MIT is pretty good certificate go for it champ

If you have a successful career online then obviously you can work from wherever you want, being a digital nomad isn't a career, it's a side effect

>legit career option
It's something you can work towards.
I don't know but I'd expect freelancers and the self-employed have greater ability to end up there.

Buy a macbook, have a startup and social media page. You can now be a "digital nomad"

OP here, okay, which macbook should I get?

People can and do work remotely. Many people also travel.

You might combine the two, but it really won't necessarily help your wallet, and if you're in the same pool as a whole world of cheap labour that also can be remote'd, you better be good and/or lucky to earn decent money.

install Unix, in the land of iFruits and wintards you're basically a nomad

You will have a good time but never really fit in, then returning home a few years later, realise everyone has moved on without you.

Attached: ffs.jpg (560x746, 54K)

This

Digital "nomads" are always selfish, wannabe cosmopolitans. Usually redditors. They are a cancer on Western civilization.

how many have you met?

I don't understand the travel meme. I live in America, the greatest country in the world. Why would I care or want to go to inferior countries and experience inferior cultures? There is a reason why Western Civilization is number one, and other counties try to imitate us.

Attached: 1550513164247.jpg (800x450, 41K)

You mean that in the information age you'd be so out of the loop you'd be ostracized from the close knit community of the homeland?

No I don't deem that as realistic.
Even if you isolated yourself completely you'd still be able to get back. Modern life just isn't like that.
Probably a samefag. Both posts make little sense.
>wannabe cosmopolitan
>actually goes to live in a foreign place routinely
Sounds like someone who is becoming a cosmopolitan if they're not already.

>Modern life just isn't like that.
it is
it's hard to relate to people with normal jobs when you don't have one
even more so if you're some pretentious twat who visits third world countries because you're a 'digital nomad'

very doable (not unlike your mother, OP)

Attached: computer bike.jpg (640x478, 96K)

So we're talking about the colleagues?
Yeah that relationship suffers if you don't even voip them. Depends on your preference in that area.

>it's hard to relate to people with normal jobs when you don't have one
it isn't, at all actually
like unless you have severe autism, which by the looks of it you might have seeing as you're sperging out regarding "digital nomads" online

what?
I mean people with internet-based careers have trouble relating to average people because they don't have jobs that anchor them to a specific place or routine
you're always an outsider

What the hell is a digital nomad? Is this a cringe thread?

I don't know, but I know that being a digital hermit in your mom's basement is certainly achievable and very childish.

That's a strange perspective to take. It's like you haven't talked to people in years. People relate over everything but doing he dishes in their crappy apartment.

I'm not the person mad about it, I have a web-based career and it just ostracizes me from most people whose lives are built around their work and the routine that comes from a normal job

ishygddt

So how does a person with a normal job relate to someone who works whenever they want wherever they want

lol, my post in the moot thread inspired OP.

Imagine thinking your wal-mart ville suburbia is some sort of cultural apex.

Attached: 1543888848768.gif (228x170, 3.51M)

Like normally.
They'd have different working situations. That's where the differences are. But life isn't just work. And you still interact with coworkers. Describing coworkers behavior is very normal chatter.

I dont interact with coworkers, I might aswell be a NEET if I didn't make money, most people my age relate via their jobs and I basically dont have one

america's effect on global culture was detrimenting
it's culture didn't bring anything of value to other cultures
it made people care less about significant values, americans are degenerates that are controlled by their down-to-earth urges - excessive sexual pursuits, greed for money and power

All you need is to provide services remotely - code, art, translations, anything - if you can do it on laptop, you can move freely, if on workstation, you just have bigger box to move around.

I concur.

>america
>western civilization

I was a digital nomad for a few years, and this is pretty accurate. I never really fit in anywhere, and now feel like I'm not likely to establish a strong home identity with where I live.

With my remote career this will only ever help, but had I known the long-term effects I would have tried seasonal traveling so I could still have a home to come back to. It would have cost about the same as selling all my shit and buying it all back a few years later, too.

Feel free to ask any questions.

The one with the logo on the back

I live in the UK never really enjoyed travelling only place I want to goto is Japan everywhere else is either similar to the UK or a third world shithole

How the fuck do i get a job abroad?

being a digital nomad means you have a job online, not a job abroad

How the fuck do i get a job online? pajeets are undercutting and plaguing everything

You need to convince companies that you are well established in your field, and that they should pay you for your services remotely. A lot of people do this by starting companies and branding their services under their company and offering contract work. Some people get one or a couple regular jobs and just juggle timezones and schedules. Some people have their own ventures that supports their own lifestyle.

The healthiest setup is a mixture of the three. diversify yo bonds nigga

Nice gif from an American cartoon.

Usually it means running your own business, not working for someone else

What business should I start?

if you need to ask that question you won't succeed

DIGITAL NOMADS BTFO
youtube.com/watch?v=qKh-K_pHg7w

:^(

Aigeneratedwaifus.owo

Don't be a dumb faggot, be creative

>just be creative, bro

exactly

"Childish fantasy" is a meme created by women to keep the man down and obedient.

Stop putting dildos in your ass and drinking, your depression will go awau and you can think

t. burgerfag

Working from home is legit my dream. I want to be able to live in the north end of my lonely rural Florida county and stay the fuck away from the city. I want to own my own land, have a wife and 6 kids, and a legion of firearms to shoot the government with if they ever come and try and fuck with me. This should be the dream of every American man, and if not, you're actually gay.

Attached: 1550030620041.jpg (720x661, 48K)

Nice projections

retard

Oh my what gave it away? The fact that he said he lived in America?

rude
Let a man have his dream.

If you really believe this then thats just sad user
Missing out on so much stuff cause of your ignorance

>his dream
it's the generic Jow Forumstard white trash dream, there's nothing original about it

his obnoxiousness

Therefore he should not have it? Are you the fucking authority on dreams or something?

iPad Pro and ssh into a mac mini server farm

yes I am

Europe here. I share the same sentiment and I consider your country as utter shit. No homo

I'm not a Jow Forumstard, I'm just a regular ass human being with regular ass human ambitions, not a contrarian communist like yourself.

Attached: 1383079986001.jpg (504x470, 98K)

Americans aren't regular human beings

Sounds like an inferiority complex to me. If you hate us so much, why don;t you do something about it instead of whining on the internet?

Attached: 1548952135260.gif (400x436, 256K)

>If you hate us so much, why don;t you do something about it
everything boils down to conflict with you guys doesn't it
it's not hate, it's more like pity

Half baked linguistic shortcuts for moving the goalposts such as these will be the downfall of our language. Orwell said it himself.

Attached: 55acf2297d1b0f353e9785eb32971959.jpg (400x600, 39K)

nani?

I really wish I could do this. I just don't know how. I can do programming and have done that online a bit before, but I've learned that I don't actually want to do programming as a job. I want it as a hobby. So I have no idea what else I could do. But it would be great to move to some cheap as shit country and live like a king with internet money. But how? Can someone seriously tell me how I can get into this?