pastebin.com/33S1gVkG (embed)
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
geekwhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=8t36c9d239ff5g3dccmlbqgncrm9jpog&board=70.0
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Attached: 22101_crunchy_taco_supreme_269x269 (1).jpg (269x269, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-ctrl-mechanical-keyboard
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=4332.
thingiverse.com/thing:3421543
aliexpress.com/item/Erotic-Keychain-Long-Penis-Black-Tea/32753765744.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

K120 GOOD
MODEL M BAD

Where can I get normal layout keycaps for Alps SKCC

I like my Pingmaster but the 1u/1.25u keys in the enter position and the 1u/1u keys in the backspace position are unusable

You're probably boned to be honest.

Filco best co

Attached: babby mama papa.jpg (2400x1600, 1.44M)

HHKB BT + MX Master 2S

Yai / Nai?

Attached: hhkb.jpg (1600x900, 206K)

Use it for a few weeks and you'll get used to it.

Is the Massdrop CTRL Mechanical Keyboard any good for a new mechanical user? massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-ctrl-mechanical-keyboard Link for reference.

I own a photon and can do 10 micron prints. I don't use it for keyboard crap though. I use it mostly for wargaming. You don't really get any visual improvement after 20 microns but you need the smaller layers and extra exposure time for really fine supports and things.

Attached: IMG_3051.jpg (3264x2448, 1.3M)

GERGO SHIPPING WHEN

Attached: x240-XZ4.jpg (426x240, 25K)

Why the fuck am I hearing the Oblivion music right now.

Also, just dumped 40+ packages off at the mail before my shift. Getting more whacked together after shift :D

I'm trying to flash my new kbd67 hotswap pcb and it keeps saying no device found in qmk despite it working as a keyboard and being recognized by device manager

I tried both spacebar b and pcb button to enter boot mode so it shouldn't be either of those

First time buying a mech kb i'm thinking about getting this mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=4332. Would MX Silent Reds be good for low typing noise and gaming?

Reset the pcb. Fn + Backspace or Fn + Esc.

How large is the backlog?
What is the expected shipping time per continent?

I did that nothing happened, the driver program thing wont even recognize the device to install a driver to

Is it worth noting that when I first started using this pcb the bottom row of letters was malfunctioning and doing like z = djg4c

Per continent? I just work from the bottom to the top and pop em in the post. They either arrive or show up at my door if there was a shipping fuck up. Right now I've got 60 unshipped orders, 40 of those are Georgi preorders, leaving about 20 Gergos left to get the fuck out of my apt.

I prioritize the Kits though, as I just need to whack the parts in a bag and get a label on em. Those are usually out in a day or two, so if you want fast, go that route :P

Whacking some energy drinks and darts into me after work. Holy shit has it been slow at the front desk. I literally spent the whole night just fucking working on my steno :/

Eh...
Who cares, they're both membrane keyboards

>Those are usually out in a day or two, so if you want fast, go that route :P
Man, I just don't know if I can be fucked to solder that many SMD components.

Sculptor user here trying to make the transparent Gondola keycaps.
Due to the fact that the keys I ordered from chinkland probably won't arrive before the end of next month I've been playing around with the idea of making my own shapes.
I recon most people would use such a keycap mainly as their Escape key I figured why not make it Xboxhueg, I could fit a lot of comfyness into a shape like pic related.
What would you guys think about a fuckhuge keycap like that, yay or nay?
For comparison, the other keycaps in the picture are OEM R3

Attached: _20190220_150710.jpg (2194x1906, 588K)

I'm not a huge fan of out-of-profile keycaps, honestly, But that's just me. Also I thought you were working on 2u caps?

Ah it's good for yeah, it's not too bad. If you go the Partial route i'll get to it as fast as I can :P

I'd say nay, just do a cast from OEM R4 (or whatever it is), if you don't have keys handy hit up a thrift shop. SA or OEM should give you enough space to play around in though. I made the mistake of trying to bake a PCB into a XDA profile cap :(

You got a pressure pot?

>Ah it's good for yeah, it's not too bad.
I guess it's only a 50%, eh. Question, though, does it use mini USB or USB-C? I've conflicting things. desu, I'd prefer USB-C

Pressure pot, vacuum mixing machine, 3D scanner and access to CNC machines, so yeah, I got it all covered.
R4 are still relatively small for putting things into a clear transparent cap, I'll still do it but my keyboard doesn't have that.
I might make some CNC machined molds out of stainless steel if I can find all the right CAD files, but that will also take a while, for now I'm just fucking around.

Attached: _20190219_142548.jpg (2592x1969, 770K)

Most people would, but I've found MiniUSB to be sturdier and less hard on the assembly end. Only got 5 pins to solder as opposed to like 17 or w/e. I'm already throwing a TQFP and SSOP at you, figured ya'll could use a break :P

Gondola in a hot tub with his feet coming out above the surface of the cap!

If space is an issue then just use bigger keycaps like a spacebar or enter key.

depends what you want out of it. it's a qmk compatible tkl with hotswap sockets, rgb backlight and underglow, an aluminum frame, and usb c for a premium price. the displayed price doesn't include switches

it's not dropped though so there's no displayed price in the first place, normally it DOES include their overpriced gimmick switches (which you can opt out of)
I just checked the ALT and it doesn't let you opt out of switches, which I thought was possible before

I'd say they both look like they're worth it based on the reviews and features

there's a barebones (no switches no caps) option for the alt but it's sold out. idk how the option that omits something can be sold out. sounds dumb.

that's how these sorts of things work. They don't just have a bunch of keyboards and switches that they're selling. They have so many units of "keyboard with switches" and so many units of "keyboard without switches". Gotta keep the SKUs separate.

I figured they were sold 'unassembled' to be honest
though yeah it would make sense if they come fully assembled

this is good

Attached: helidox_corne_keyboard1.jpg (1000x750, 236K)

v nice. i personally like a few extra keys

Attached: Iris.jpg (4032x2268, 414K)

is that an mda set?
looks dumb desu
dsa/xda all the way for ortho/split

I've been seeing a few of these. I might end up going with the corne. Is that yours?
Not mine

yep, it's mine. I think the size of the corne is a bit unnecessary but I can see it if you want a lower profile. the Iris uses pro micros under the pcb, so you can't really get it that low. in my keymap, I don't really use the top row of the iris anyways, but I don't know how I'd do the layout with only 3 thumb keys on each side

I have and I didn't

o ok
I'd go for the iris personally
not having the number row is kinda annoying, I've used 40% for a while, I constantly use modifiers + numbers
makes it a pain in the ass when you have the numbers under a layer

do you use your thumbs or index fingers on the
alt/esc in the thumbcluster?
I've always though it'd be a bit awkward using your thumb, but haven't had the chance to try one yet (probably getting one soon after I'm done with my other projects)

>black hhkb
you commited a cardinal sin

>Budget
~70$
Im ok with good chink shit
>Location (continent at least)
Eastern Europe
>Preferred switch type
Brown
>Layout
ISO
>Form factor
TKL
>Backlight
Red would be nice.
>Previous/current keyboards
Membrane cheap shit.

my hands are about average size and I use my thumbs. it's not hard to reach and I like being able to press ctrl and alt together with the same finger if I need.
also I personally started going for smaller keyboards because I was tired of having to reach up for the numbers. I put those keys in a numpad-like shape under my right hand on lower and I really like it. if I need dedicated number keys, I have an external numpad I use. the number keys in my pic are actually dedicated F keys; the profile didn't match

>Budget
Under $100
>Location
US
>Preferred Switch type
Honestly don't care much. I've only used blues and enjoyed them, but I'm willing to try something new.
>Form Factor
want to buy a TKL one
>Backlight
yes, but I don't care what color it is
>Previous keyboard
currently have a ducky one with blues. nothing wrong with it but I want a keyboard without the numpad since it will fit better on my desk.

>and I use my thumbs.
This, numbers on a function layer are actually really nice when you can access the layer with your thumbs. The other day, I flashed gergoman's layout onto my ergodox just to give it a try and honestly it's pretty alright.

I'm currently trying to decide between a gergo and iris. Leaning toward a gergo, simply because the way the thumb keys are arranged on the iris seems easy to fat-finger. Big 2u thumb keys seem much more comfortable.

Interesting, personally I like to use my left hand to do meta/ctrl/super+numbers while having my right hand on the mouse
honestly I don't think the difference between an ergodox and iris is THAT big that you should have one over the other
you can put 1.25u keys in some places like this (probably what I'd do personally)

Attached: iris.jpg (1060x795, 74K)

del taco is better

gergo KLE?

before I tried the split ergo with ergodox, I had an xd75 at my desk an a niu mini to take on the go. I thought when I got the Iris that it would be my travel version of the ergodox and I could leave the ergodox on my desk, but the thumb keys were so much more comfortable than the thumb cluster on the ergodox that I completely replaced it. I don't use my ergodox at all anymore. the thumb cluster was just too far away for my average sized hands
btw I personally prefer 1u keys but I realize not everyone does.

Can I get some good recommendations for a good rgb keyboard for mostly gayming? Are ducky keyboards my best option?

You should be able to load it from the Jason in the QMK repo!

Big 2us are awesome, I got big hands and them little 1us aren’t enough for me

Ducky has some of the best build quality, but honestly I can't go back to using non hotswap keyboards. GMMK is an okay option if you don't want to spend $200+

Man, the only thing stopping me from getting a gergo is the lack of case, I really don't like floating switches

Just contact laser ninja

Does he do custom work?

I am thinking about ordering the ducky shine 7. I am also a brainlet what is a hotswap keyboard? Can duckys not do that ?

Hotswap or CIY means you can plug and unplug switches without soldering.

Yeah, sure does. He's a nice guy but he gets busy sometimes, no harm in asking.

There's nothing wrong with the shine 7. It's the best RGB keyboard you can buy. However if you want to get new switches you'd have to desolder all of them. It's not hard, but it is time consuming. A hotswap keyboard will allow you to replace switches with a simple tweezer.

I understand now thanks guys hot swapping sounds much easier than desoldering. What would be a recommended hot swappable keyboard for a new user? Also how do I go about testing every switch to find what I like most?

GMMK if you want RGB. Build quality isn't on par with ducky, and I would pass on the keycaps. if you're lucky there might me a meetup in your area. Reddit and geekhack like to organize them and you can tryout hundreds of switches for free. Otherwise you just have to buy them. Novelkeys sells sample packs of all the kailh box switches

>Novelkeys sells sample packs of all the kailh box switches
Just be aware that, while sample switches are nice, you're not gonna get a true feeling for the switch without a board full of them.

>GMK

thingiverse.com/thing:3421543

Give that a shot, you can get that run off from shapeways or anything else. It’s also open source if you want to raise the lip!

Attached: E304D1E5-35FE-4283-92DA-F5F89622BF73.jpg (628x472, 144K)

Also buddies Gergo!

Attached: 3448EC8E-28F8-4A6D-943A-3774D7798E43.jpg (2309x799, 407K)

that ain't a case nigga it's a fuckin' tray

He just said you can raise the lip of it to heighten the profile

If you're more of a sandwich kind of guy, I'm pretty sure Thomas is going to be making a acrylic plate/sandwich case for em in a bit here

tacopre.

Attached: 1450968264910.png (256x256, 119K)

>tfw waiting for parts in the mail

Attached: 1459233303029.gif (340x340, 148K)

Attached: 1518222643936.jpg (4928x3264, 3.78M)

What kind of retard buys "high quality ultra durable" ABS?

I've toured the market and ive realised I just like rubber domes better (for gaming)

anyone recommend one with a high key rollover? dont say hurr it doesnt matter because it does in csgo alright so cheers

lol, retard

Realforce 87u
They're capacitive which means they have inherent nkro.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Rubber Dome
is in fact, Membrane/Rubber Dome, or as I've recently taken to calling it, rubber dome over membrane.
Rubber Domes aren't a switch unto itself, but rather another component
of a fully functioning keyboard system made useful by the Membrane switches,
tactile and audible feedback components are defined by Rubber Domes.

Many keyboard users run a modified version of the Membrane sheet every day,
without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Membranes
which is widely used today is often called "Rubber Dome", and many of its users are
not aware that it is basically the Membranes, the actual switches in keyboards.

There really is a Rubber Dome, and these people are using it, but it is just a
part of the system they use. Rubber Domes aren't the switch:
they're the tactile and audible feedback you hear after pressing down on a key.
The Rubber Dome is an essential part of the keyboard, but useless by itself;
it can only function in the context of a complete keyboard system. Rubber Domes are
normally used in combination with the Membrane switches: the whole system
is basically a Membrane sheet with Rubber Domes added, or Rubber Dome over Membrane.
All the so-called "Rubber Dome" keyboards are really just Membranes/Rubber Domes.

based

I dare you to out-hipster me.
Pro-tip: You can't.

Attached: 1531810328134.jpg (3024x3024, 978K)

Five-star post, my melanin-enriched comrade.

Well that depends
Does it still work?
What switches?

Attached: 20180512_121532.jpg (4032x3024, 3.66M)

Would using my note 8 usb c cable cause any problems with my new usb c pcb? I imagine all usb c cables are the same but idk

Nope

> reposting from the reddits

>reposting
it's reasonable to assume that he's the one who posted it to reddit in the first place, it's 2019 and we're on Jow Forums.

If you use any MX form-facto switch that isn't a clickbar or a box royal you're a moron.

stupid tactile poster

>Budget
~100€
>Location (continent at least)
Eastern Europe
>Preferred switch type
Red
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
Please no
>Previous/current keyboards
shitty cheap "Memchanical" keyboards

Why do some people recoil so hard at keyboards with backlights? They really don't cost any extra unless you're getting over the top RGB shit, and if you don't like it just turn it off.

I don't know to be honest. But I will pay extra for no RGB

Attached: DiKdS6qX0AASu3F.jpg (470x529, 39K)

aliexpress.com/item/Erotic-Keychain-Long-Penis-Black-Tea/32753765744.html

>drivers being all fucky so I cant flash my new board in qmk
>even after uninstalling and reinstalling I still cant get it to work

Why are keyboards so hard

Leopold if you're okay with spending a bit more, or a non-backlit Ducky model.

Would you use my keyboard /mkg/?? outemu blues that make me gush whenever I type something

Attached: file.png (1080x810, 1.14M)

>chink plastics
eww

Attached: dsagsto.png (778x719, 712K)

>shitty transparent plastic
>click jacket switches
no

install gentoo

>Clickjacket

Attached: 1546867102872.png (515x821, 59K)

very cool imo

Guys please help me

get a GMMK with box clickbar switches, if you want the novelkeys variants then just get the barebones one. whatever you do don't get their keycaps, just reuse the ones from your ducky

thoughts on box pinks?

I think they're pink

Attached: 1550343471192.gif (815x815, 818K)