GNOME is the most polished and stable desktop environment and you can't prove me wrong

GNOME is the most polished and stable desktop environment and you can't prove me wrong.

Attached: 52592594.png (720x696, 372K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F1i7jAtHcw4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Chrome is the most polished and stable desktop environment and you can't prove me wrong.

i see what u did there

Attached: 1481712606795.png (350x350, 46K)

and yet nobody uses it as intended

>as intended
being what?

a hint: if you whined over the remove of the sys tray

Polished, my ass. They could't fix this fucking issue for 15 years.

Attached: Filepicker.png (742x828, 151K)

And also the heaviest.

>not-a-bug
>wont-fix

You're right user. There's a vocal minority that loves to hate on GNOME, but the reality is that it is by far the most polished DE, with the best aesthetics and best user experience. This is coming from somebody that used KDE Plasma for years. Eventually you get tired of all the ricing shit and just want something that looks good and just works.

nice denial

Deepin is the most polished and stable desktop environment.

Attached: Deepin-OS-Review.png (720x375, 50K)

CHROME IS THE MOST POLISHED AND STABLE BOTNET

Budgie

>uses qt
GNO!

Attached: 1200px-Richard_Stallman_by_Anders_Brenna_01.jpg (1200x800, 102K)

I've found the workflow of gnome just kind of clicks for me. though i still haven't got the nerve to go full-time linux on my main desktop.

I prefer Xfce and Mate over it. Just my opinion

why does it show password in cleartext if it's so polished?

How dumb are you?

Actually it's still open m8

>put laptop in hibernate
>wake laptop up, wait for it to boot
>black screen
>move mouse/press CTRL, login screen

I had this on several installations, it appears that the "laptop inactive, black out screen" is not properly cleared when needed

also
>click hibernate
>immediately shut laptop
>goes into a broken sleep state that keeps the laptop running forever, stuck & have to hard reset

also

>Telegram and Nextcloud tray icons of different size
>Skype icon displays corrupted

also the energy setting for 'black out screen after x minutes' doesn't turn off display backlight

I thought these were relatively common use cases, but they appear broken of half-assed in various ways

Mate Desktop on CentOS 7 on a Thinkpad X230, I assume a fairly "tested" and common combination

look at the ops pic or are you implying that i'm dumb because i didn't get the joke? there are so many funny commie memes and op had to pick the most retarded one.

It's clearly edited in.

Who the FUCK uses CentOS on a personal machine? Use a modern distro

no!

Yeah it's a polished Chinese botnet

Then stop complaining about issues when you use a distro meant for servers instead of something like Ubuntu mate

But it's a cute Chinese botnet at least.

I tested this with Mate on Ubuntu as well, installed Ubuntu (16.04) server/minimal and then Mate Desktop. The exact same thing.

Maybe consider 18.04 or 18.10. You know, something that has a fairly new version of Mate

The devs of Gnome straight up refuse to fix shit and keep removing features.
To change the default location of screenshots you have to download dconf, go through what looks like the Windows registry and when you finally change it, it doesn't fucking work. The devs know this and just won't fix it.
While on KDE you just click three buttons and it's done.

on my last installation of Ubuntu, the lock screen broke on me (on pretty much stock settings)
I could interact with the dash panel and spawn any program
also the on-screen keyboard is garbage

youtube.com/watch?v=F1i7jAtHcw4

This but unironically. Chrome os just fucking works and is slick and fast on literal tablet hardware. I'd kill for Chrome os compositing and window management on Linux.