What is stopping companies from using adaptive sync in all their monitors and TV?

What is stopping companies from using adaptive sync in all their monitors and TV?
If it is a free standard and is now supported by both companies, why not use it in every screen?

Attached: 252363.jpg (682x450, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/L42nx6ubpfg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

V A P O R W A R E
applies to g-sync aswell

What's vaporware?
Does it have anything to do with warez?

>is now supported by both companies
Except it's not

vaporware may be the wrong term how about
S N A K E O I L

Some TVs do use it. Low end TVs generally don't because it's an additional cost even though use of the standard is free. They would have to pay a couple engineers to implement it, pay for more PCB space, more silicon chips, more smd components, etc. It's all pretty minimal but they figure that right now their cost-benefit analysis has told them that it's not worth it because very few people will notice.

retard. vrr can be achieved with a mere software update. any smart tv can have it patched in.

back to the question, whats stopping them? lazyness and greed at the same time. they want you to bu their newest shit instead.

because triple buffering (aka fastsync) works just as well and doesnt cost extra money.

G-Sync > FreeSync in terms of features and capability.

Even on nVidia cards that support the small number of FreeSync monitors enabled with the recent updates, the experience is crap compared to G-Sync.

Yes you'll pay more for a G-Sync monitor, but that's because it's measurably better.

FreeSync's quality control is poor and its implementation is terrible on cheap displays. If you shell out a little more you get something just as good as G-sync without paying the G-oy tax.

Isn't freesync open source and free for all?

Enjoying your lag, I see.

>aka fastsync

What the fuck?

There's nothing fast or "sync" about triple buffering.

Just use Vsync and save money

Just use Vsync and save money AND ELECTRIC POWER

shut the fuck up you fucking nigger shill
youtu.be/L42nx6ubpfg

That puts it in line with most other tech terms.

It is not smooth.

>tfw downloading a movie and the tearing is part of the actual "reencode" because the person who made the copy somehow fucked up so badly by screen capturing their potato

I spent like a fucking half hour trying to figure out why the movie was so terrible when about 45 mins into it I noticed a mouse cursor moving in the corner and realized what the fucktard had done. Your post reminded me of that, carry on.

Even consoles and intel is supporting it, no reason for TVs to not include adapatibe sync.

VRR is standard on HDMI 2.1 but G-sync compatible won't support VRR over HDMI

who cares about goysync anyway