It's over

marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=152872551609819&w=2
>In a browser, there are 2 main security components you want: The main security advantage is privsep. The other is W^X jit.
>Chrome was designed to be privsep.
>Firefox says they are catching up, but all I see is lipstick on a pig.
>Firefox is YEARS behind, unless they change their strategy.
Based Theo buries the fox in a shallow grave.

Attached: 1524437928939.png (1174x1074, 646K)

Other urls found in this thread:

toptenreviews.com/software/internet/best-internet-browser-software/
daemonforums.org/showthread.php?t=9262
theregister.co.uk/2010/12/15/openbsd_backdoor_claim/
forums.freebsd.org/threads/about-backdoors-in-openbsd.56634/
usatoday.com/story/tech/2018/06/14/google-says-focus-diversity-efforts-black-hispanic-women/703003002/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Listen dude--where I am, it's 7:27 am. It's too early for this level of contrarianism.

toptenreviews.com/software/internet/best-internet-browser-software/

A few years ago I attended an OpenBSD developers conference, one of their so-called hackathons, hosted by de Raadt in Calgary. For recreation, Theo took us hiking in Kootenay National Park. Unfortunately I was seriously injured during the trek, breaking my ankle. Instead of helping me off the range or even sending for the park service, Theo propped me against a rockface and insisted the others follow him to the summit. It was well past dusk when they finally returned and Theo had obviously been drinking. No matter the weight of his technical opinion, I cannot sanction the cruelty of this man.

Good job Mozilla, you gave the internet to Google.

yo whaddupppp Theo here hope that bitch ass ankle of yours is better haha maybe u should've had some milk as a child

>openbsd
How is your TRIM support doing, mr. Lipstick on a pig?

Attached: lmao.jpg (369x366, 24K)

>bsd cucks

this is the primary reason I use Opera

Based Firefox

Honestly

THE CONTROLLER FIRMWARE IS SUPPOSED TO HANDLE IT

Attached: 1546919365787.jpg (346x450, 42K)

Here's a transparent version. It's my new icon for firefox

Attached: firefux-transparent.png (1174x1074, 734K)

> Theo
Who. And no, don't answer, this won't change my question.

DELETE THIS

that fucking picture

Attached: 1468538536209.jpg (508x504, 77K)

Attached: openbsd-boomer.png (1006x730, 177K)

i love firefox but i approve this icon

Boomers are just realizing GBE is a thing or they're stuck on Fast Ethernet.

Out of everyone on planet earth BSD autists are calling someone out on being years behind. Holy yikes.

Lol you mean sold it

>Firefox is years behind
so just like openbsd

/thread

So why is tor browser based on Firefox? Because Firefox ESR is more secure than chromium.
Checkmate ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

blue zenith lol

>How do I sandbox an application under UNIX
>Doesnt know Chromes sandnox works through user namespace which makes attacks leave way more serious damage making it non ironically better to have no sandbox

Tbh nothing to do with that. Privacy and security are not the same thing.Chrome is more secure on any platform though only by default (Firefox is way more secure properly setup on Linux and Mac). Yet Chrome isn't and can't be private.That's also why Browsers like Brave which are Chromium based are just cahsvrabs.

If you need a private Browser you have to use Tor or Firefox with resistFingerprinting enabled.

>le botnetted Canadian by default security theater OS

daemonforums.org/showthread.php?t=9262

theregister.co.uk/2010/12/15/openbsd_backdoor_claim/

forums.freebsd.org/threads/about-backdoors-in-openbsd.56634/

What's Firefox's market share again? Is it close to death yet?

Firefox could have been the best browser but they just fucked it up every way they could. Mozilla is a total shit show these days. It's infested with SJW shit, not to mention the internet censorship, collaboration with fucking Darth Soros, the constant tracking and privacy intrusions and telemetry, the Pocket debacle, the forced installation of shitty extensions like that Mr Robot thing. Firefox itself has terrible security, worse system resource usage, worse performance. It's just a mess. Sure it has some cool features like userChrome.css and sidebars, but it's just not worth it sadly.

Chromium is sadly by far a better browser engine. The best browsers these days are things like Ungoogled Chromium and Brave. Maybe Epiphany, but that's using on WebKit, and I don't know how that compares. Anyone want to chime in?

Lmao

The links you posted point to openbsd being secure. Are you trying to dispel or just a firefox/linux tranny?

whats the point of this thread? all browsers are shit because they run JS, you guys are arguing about wich shit floats the longest

W-wait you, we're going to hire more minorities and people of color!!!! it'll make FF greater than Chrome!!!!

Google will have to pry Firefox from my cold, dead hands, i'll never leave!

usatoday.com/story/tech/2018/06/14/google-says-focus-diversity-efforts-black-hispanic-women/703003002/

How much do you get paid to shill?

Attached: 1516063176804.jpg (1200x825, 174K)

Google will have final control over the web once edge switches to chromium. Webkit will survive because of apple, but firefox might not live.

How is brave a cashgrab if it's free? I know it's a scam because it's anti-fingerprinting and by extension it's tracking "protection" doesn't work, and it's adblocker is utter shit. But I don't get why it's a "cashgrab". At least it's more private than Chrome/Opera/Yandex/Vivaldi because brave removes Google's tracking.

Firefox will live because it's the only relevant browser when it comes to privacy. With brave being an utter disappointment it just shows that nothing based on WebKit/Blink can be made private and nobody is willing to work on it. Firefox has a bunch of privacy enthusiasts, including the Tor project and FSF that would continue developing the browser even if Mozilla dies.

>Firefox will live because it's the only relevant browser when it comes to privacy.
A non-issue for your average Joe.

firefox has declined a lot but it still has free style tabs, real adblockinb/umatrix and a handful of other useful extensions. there are no other viable alternatives to the jew browser

Attached: today is penis inspection day.jpg (804x1038, 501K)

Tor is compromised

Nobody cares about Joe.

>cropped
source please

Rude

Weakling

Lol is this real

they think that donating money to degenarates, redesigning the ui and removing useful features is more important than actually fixing something.

i bet that they will remove all the customization features some day. its the only thing that it has left that makes it worth using.

I saw Theo de Raadt at a grocery store in Calgary yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any NSA infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Google is happiness. BTW epic pic, saved.

Web that cares about browser engines is shitty web.

i remember that one