Im about to drop 10k on a security system that just werks. convince me not to

Im about to drop 10k on a security system that just werks. convince me not to

>Pic very much related

Attached: file.png (972x937, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/asm5r7/nest_secure_had_a_secret_microphone_can_now_be_a/
csoonline.com/article/3336227/security/nest-secure-had-a-secret-microphone-can-now-be-a-google-assistant.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

weird flex but okay

Preposterous boast, but alas

why? you could buy a gun for much cheaper

Already have plenty of guns. Thats for when im home, when im not home I have the cameras

>convince me not to
why should anyone do that
if you want to waste your money then go for it

Why would i be waisting my money. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I dont want all of my stuff to become jamals gibs me dats

we probably cant, if you want to eat shit its your choice.

How would this make me eat the poo poo ?

OP, forecast says noone gives a shit. Spend your 10gp

10K? Can't you find a homeless navy seal to patrol your gates for 100 dollars a week?

Attached: young homeless vet.jpg (671x600, 56K)

oh yeah actually that'd be so much more cool. Hire guards for your house

>Buy cameras for 10k
>Jamal steals everything including the security system

Hikvision gear is so much cheaper. Just make sure you airgap it to stop the communist party checking in on you

but youd need local storage and maintenance for that no?

God damn i could get two for 10.4k a year

yes. I just took a look at nest's video quality, so shit. Of course some 'cloud' meme system is going to use baby monitor tier video quality. I have 8 cameras recording in full HD x265 with a 2 week capacity.

Don't know about the doorbell and shit, why wouldn't you just get a Ring device? They also have an insurance policy so if jamal takes it they give you another one.

Attached: img.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

Attached: en_Portable_GPS_Jammer_WiFi_3G_Cell_Phone_Signal_Jammer_3.jpg (600x847, 21K)

Yes because jamal will have the foresight to do that

>15 indoor cameras
>12 outdoor cameras

Is this fucking fort knox?

why yes, yes it is

Attached: Second Floor.png (743x754, 70K)

you only need cameras at entrance points, there is no point covering every single inch of your house.

You're just wasting money at this point honesty.

Attached: main floor.png (725x946, 101K)

no Thats why i want cameras all over the house, incase there is an altrecation with jamal and i have to use Jow Forums on him

lmao, gotcha, you're a LARPing turbo-autist.

Proceed.

why would i be larping about home security?

Your LARP is your fantasy to confront a "jamal" with Jow Forums.

It's the classic scared white boy mentality.

Again, enjoy your LARP.

Yes because, being worried about intruders, and taking action to protect myself makes me a larper.

>being worried about intruders
Paranoid is the word you were looking for

No sane person considers a $10,000 botnet camera setup to be a sane option to "protect" yourself.
4 outdoor cameras and 1 or 2 indoor cameras at exterior entrances.
Besides that just own a gun.
Spending $10k on this system just makes you an idiot.

obviously its for insurance too. Wanting to make sure Joshua Bergstein for geikco dosent bend you over the table makes you paranoid now?
be honest jamal.
>why you doing B&E you have to give it back

Dude you're spending 10k, at least make it good against real thieves

>not living in a state with castle doctrine laws where you're legally in the right to shoot anyone who enters your home for any reason

already said I owned several guns. the security system is mostly for when im not home. and ofcourse when i am home

Oh but i do

what would you do differently

wewlad, go back to Jow Forums

Also, your insurance company doesn't need to watch a play by play on 18 different camera feeds to know you were robbed.

>worried about security
>spend 10k on it
>then proceed to publicly post your entire floor plans, and your plan to set up the cameras in which positions anyway

>what would you do differently
hire a professional security firm to put in an actual security system instead of a meme-botnet company.

Are you actually a fucking idiot or just fishing for (you)'s?

>thinks any of the floor plans are real

Whats the difference between outsourcing to Bommer Security inc. and outsourcing security to google?

Nest products have hidden mics reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/asm5r7/nest_secure_had_a_secret_microphone_can_now_be_a/

>takes the time to create floorplans with camera positions edited on top for a house that doesn't exist.

It's obviously the real floorplans, why the fuck would someone go through the effort of adding in camera positions to a floorplan they aren't using?

Nest isn't a security company, they're an automation company.
Trusting them with your security shows how little you actually value your security.

>Oh but i do
Then why do you want every inch of your house to be covered in cameras? You only need to cover the entrances to see anyone who enters or leaves, and if you plan on shooting a home intruder having that many internal cameras could actually be a bad thing, since a lawyer could potentially review the shooting and make a case of excessive force which would turn it into a homicide case.

Jesus christ, do you think i have the time go sit and create floorplans. I downloaded off some realtor site opend gimp and added the dots. 10 minutes retard

>spending 10 minutes arranging camera positions on a floorplan that isn't even his

So you're LARPing...?

hmm you have a point

No i fully intend to plan to buy and set this up

Yeah, i'm sure that's why you wasted 10 minutes on something that doesn't exist and never will.

Ok believe me or not thats up to you. I did get some constructive critisism out of this other then your retarded ass
>hurr durr youre a larper
poorfag get out >>>/reddit/

>i'm wasting money on a meme-botnet company that will sell my private personal information without my consent
I'd rather be a retarded poorfag than you buddy.

> convince me not to
If you'll blow your money on an Apple-tier botnet, I will enjoy it. DO IT FAGGOT.

id rather have piece of mind that it just werks then having to spend 40 hours maintaining this shit. unlike you, I have a job

Apple has pretty great security. granted you give all your info to apple, but it stays there rather then using memedroid and giving up all your info to every single developer

nigger, that's why you hire a PROFESSIONAL SECURITY COMPANY

People who do this for their day job.

THEY SET IT UP
THEY MAKE SURE IT WORKS
THEY'RE PROFESSIONALS

Instead your retarded ass is gonna rely on a literal botnet company and setting it all up yourself with likely retarded camera placement because you have no expertise in the industry

Again, you're a fucking retard.

Ok ill give you that, its a good point. Ill shop around for security solutions. see if i can find one that satisfies me

Those cameras are basically always onlineand selling your data. I would wait if I were you, there are some good camera-free products coming out this year.

>IoT shit
The company will fold and you will have 10,000$ in paperweights over your house.

> Apple has pretty great security
>> Missing the point this hard
But yeah, OK. Mhm.

>security system that just werks

basicly, but Jow Forums is weapons, so Jow Forums is the right place to discuss this.

I support secuity lad. Better safe than sorry.

Why buy something so expensive when a lot cheaper alternatives exists?

>trusting google with home security

Attached: .png (716x1071, 495K)

Nice botnet
csoonline.com/article/3336227/security/nest-secure-had-a-secret-microphone-can-now-be-a-google-assistant.html

>its an "OP posted a screenshot of a shopping cart and not an actual order in an effort to bait people into thinking that he was actually going to spend any money at all" episode

Attached: 1545476621267.jpg (361x691, 32K)

There is literally no reason to have this many cameras, also its no recommended to have them inside the house.

this can literally be done with 2k and 2 weeks of your time, if you have it.

ce cacat, am lucrat la GTR-ul lui coltuc?!

Why don't you just live in an area where people don't steal

Where I live some of these professionals pass on info to burglar rings.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (656x622, 279K)

doesn't do shit against niggers, they just steal the shitty cameras first

>noone gives a shit
>gives 4 (You)s

>master's bedroom
Damn, you really do like yourself

Not the other user, and I have no idea what you mean

>21 smoke alarms
For what purpose? Do you even have that many rooms in your house?

Nest doesn't work. Ubiquiti does
Enjoy having people be able to run by before it starts recording

>not rolling your own cctv system with always-on cameras and cloud dvr on a vps

This. Haven't had cameras in 19 years since I moved here in 2000. Literally no issues

Even if you live in a safe area video doorbells are pretty cool.

brother installs this for a living. Nest is the biggest POS and literally "doesn't work" thing in the industry.

You can't do that unless you're replacing batteries every 3 days with those shitty cameras. LOOOOOOL
ubiquiti wins again
>Cloud dvr
You mean nvr, right, brainlet?
Also you'd need unlimited bandwidth for that garbage. Just buy 8tb drive oh wait you can't with your garbage set up hahaha. Enjoy being cucked while I can actually control my shit with ubiquiti

God bless.

I just look outside my full glass door

What about always-on did you not understand, shill? These are connected to AC power with a UPS. As for bandwidth 1080p30 amounts to 3GB per month.

>He thinks his WiFi can do that

Why not just buy a regular system?

They're on ethernet dumdum. 7 cameras on a 16-port switch connected to the router.

I work in home security as an install technician and I can tell you up front none of the IoT smartshit ever "justwerks". You'll be fiddling with it forever even if you manage to get it set up and working within the first 2 days.

As someone who has a preinstalled ADT system along with some DIY cameras on the side I can't argue with you on that. For me the cameras are more of a toy than anything I'd actually depend on, I just use them to know when packages are delivered and whether the neighbors decided to let their dog shit on my lawn.

You guys are cancer.

Attached: Capture.png (1457x1050, 141K)

>leaving home

omg lul he leaves home guys what a normie

> zero replies
But why? It has Reddit formatting.

Who here watch dog?

>This is your brain on schizophrenia

this 3bh
getting someone you don't know to work on your house is just asking to get robbed

Strange brag, but sure

Nest is garbage we have these at my job and the video quality couldn't even identify which person who stole product from us.

yikes

you'd prob be better of w/ a pi, a couple cameras, and a ruger