Who here has an easy tech life?

Who here has an easy tech life?

>be me
>be webmaster for a company that does not know what they are doing
>make website for company in shopify
>upload pics and products into template
>other departments tell me when they want to change the text or .jpgs which I do a few times a week
>$73,500 per year with 3 weeks vacation full health insurance and IRA matching to $5000
I do about 5 hours of work per week

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 11.24.08 AM.png (534x1124, 85K)

What do you do with the other 163hrs of the week?

What sort of education and work did you do before that job?

>What do you do with the other 163hrs of the week?
shitpost

>What sort of education and work did you do before that job?
well our company did not have a good website so i volunteered to make one. I just read about html and CSS and how to build an ecommerce site then I put all our data into a shopify template and then exported it in CSV format then opened it in excel and used that format to input data from our vendor catalogs. Now I just keep everything up to date

any one could do it

Interesting.

it's not that hard

Just go into it thinking "Other people do this, there are ways for businesses to get a site up and running, I am not inventing something, I just need to keep fucking with it and reading about how to do it till it works" and you will be able to do do it.

It's like knowing you need a computer running microsoft word but you don't know how to do it. You just get in your head what you need and work at it till you wind up with a computer and a properly installed working version of microsoft word. If other people can do it you can too

mfw web dev

Attached: davidbyrnecube.gif (240x180, 227K)

A better question is where do you apply for a job like that. I have a lot of qualifications, could easily make websites, and am a programmer, but as far as I can tell getting a job like that is just pure luck.

Yep. I work 100% remote from home, whilst making 112,400 per year to do sometimes, zero hours of work, at the most about 10. The rest of the time I just sit around shitposting or playing vidya. Its boring sometimes, but I could never go back into the office after this.

Attached: ajwtf.gif (304x230, 946K)

>A better question is where do you apply for a job like that. I have a lot of qualifications, could easily make websites, and am a programmer, but as far as I can tell getting a job like that is just pure luck.
You have to find a company that has little to no web presence but good sales and revenue. The company I did this for thinks I am a genius for using mail chimp and ad tracking cookies

you just have to bring in more for the department than you spend, that's all they care about

if you count what I did as "full stack" development then it's not an outrageous salary, the thing is I just don't have to do a lot of ongoing updates so it's not much day to day work

What kind of work do you do?

I guess look for small businesses with old people in management (old company's) that don't understand technology. The other hand is that you could be asked to do unrealistic things by a company for the same reason. He's basically lying to his job by letting them think he's doing more than he is, so you have to be willing to do that.

Do you still have to sit in an office though, or is this work-from-home?

I'm not lying to the company and saying more work is getting done than is being done. They know how many times they ask me to update things.

Ten times more revenue comes into my department per year than we spend on me and the department, and that is just the actual amount that comes in, it's not the extra goodwill we get from having a website that does not look like shit and is up to date when people google us to just check on our company.

When you get involved in business you will find out that all they actually care about is money. If they pay Tom Cruise $20,000,000 for a movie they are doing it because they think he will bring in twice that with just his name on the movie, not because they think he's doing twenty million dollars in labor

>Do you still have to sit in an office though, or is this work-from-home?
I unfortunately have to sit in an office. I am working on that though. I am convincing them to pay for me to go get my masters in CS and pay for it if I can do all my duties at the same time and they are going for it

ah that's my dream job, i am a relative beginner at programming and technology, how do i get a job like that? just make some websites?

>how do i get a job like that? just make some websites?
yeah bro

bump for advice on how to get a comfy tech job

I'm actually super jealous. I would love to find remote work. Right now I work in a bland SCIF. I don't think I could get away with only 10 hours of work a week though in my field, but maybe if I'm lucky.

>get replaced by pajeet
>complaints about immigration

>I'm actually super jealous. I would love to find remote work. Right now I work in a bland SCIF. I don't think I could get away with only 10 hours of work a week though in my field, but maybe if I'm lucky.
remote work is gay