I am recently unemployed and I was told I should learn to code

I am recently unemployed and I was told I should learn to code.

I don't know if the is a good idea because I suck at math. Should I find something else to do?

Attached: 1550632588481.jpg (580x435, 48K)

>Should I find something else to do?
become a carpenter jus' like jayzuz

>code
there are many different fields that imply coding
being a front-end dev for example implies no math nor math related skills or knowledge, it only designs the appearance and navigation of a website

also be careful saying the j-word on Jow Forums, many neets are triggered by it

Yes, because if you need to ask that question you have no business doing it.

Get better at math

Pick up a trade?

>I don't know if the is a good idea because I suck at math
You and every other cs major

Attached: CS math skills.png (596x443, 46K)

Most programming nowadays doesn't require math. Most "programmers" are currently code monkeys that use frameworks that were made for them by other people and languages that are monkey tier complicated.
Just stick to object oriented and run away from C.
In 2 words - you won't like it and it requires more time than brain to be an average programmer currently. If you have no background computer knowledge your chances aren't high though.

nigga pick up basic mathematics by serge lang, if you have doubts use r/math (or whatever the subleddit for homework is) or fucking /sci/
that should take you one or two months

In the meantime you should go to freecodecamp and complete their curriculum, it doesn't require much math, nothing beyond HS level iirc, if you have doubts check the book or khanacademy/expii
after you're done with FCC you should apply for entry lvl positions.

>math majors can't even label axes
I'm assuming the x axis is the inverse of the number of job opportunities.

If you want more responses you must post more peegus

Did you work for Vox or HuffPost?

> I am recently unemployed and I was told I should learn to code
Are you unemployed with a computer related bachelor's degree anyone would care about?

Do you expect to be able to perform a srs demonstration of programming skills in even 2 years otherwise?

It is not the dotcom bubble anymore. You can't easily get hired with much less to show for it than Radesh or Boris who actually had a good education and also work cheaply remote on contract.

Yes, you should do sonething else, even if you intend to eventually git gud and work at some soul crushing software job in the long run.

Try journalism

Attached: 1550686244910.png (355x330, 125K)

the j word or the js word?

Do I HAVE to use math to be a coder?

Can't I just look up resources and just copypasta them into what I'm doing?
Like, it's one thing to be actually good at writing everything from scratch, but it's also equally as good if you know how to look up resources to fill in the blanks you don't know. This is why you spend so much time in school as a kid researching through finding things through sources and indexes and card catalogues and shit. Right?

...RIght?

You don't need calculus but you need basic fucking algebra

What if I was okay in doing the straight math problem, like solving for x and stuff like that, but I was absolutely horrible at word problems, like trying to pull the info from the word problem into a mathematical problem equation?

most people can learn math, you just get better the more you do it. that being said, math is not required to code, but it plays a small part. the more you work with logic, the more receptive to learning math you'll be when you do need it. but 99% of the time (especially web deb) you dont need math.

How do you expect to solve a real problem if you can't describe it mathematically? How do you expect anyone to hire you if you can't do this easy shit?

If you only know general math, be prepared to only make general money

>Can't I just look up resources and just copypasta them into what I'm doing?
yes you can, that's what I do

>t. delusional freshman