Redpill me on KDE. I heard Red NSA Hat won't be supporting it anymore after 2024...

Redpill me on KDE. I heard Red NSA Hat won't be supporting it anymore after 2024. Since I use debian stable I'll always be multiple years behind most people so I think i'm fine if I decide to use it. Is it smooth or does it suffers from gnome 3 syndrome lagging everywhere even if your computer was made in mars?

Attached: Konqi_sitting_on_KDE_logo.png (851x1208, 415K)

works fine on my machine

KDE is fine as fuck. I run it on a 10+ year old laptop and it's butter smooth.

Using sftp directly in Dolphin (file manager) and Kate (text/code editer) is a blessing.

If you want a full DE "minimalism be damned" experience it doesnt get any better than KDE+Compiz. Debian 9 uses an older but bugfixed version so it's good.

>KDE+Compiz
What the fuck is wrong with you?

+1

KDE4 era is over

If you need a desktop environment for loonix, you are doing it wrong.

Very smooth. Much better than GNOME

Konqi is qt

Attached: 036bdd69321dd577d6f5ec9fa1a37a58.png (513x682, 155K)

Recently span up Plasma 5.14 on Fedora and it's definitely one of the best iterations yet. It can still crash, but more akin to how GNOME would crash if you overburden it with extensions. The best part is that the compositor is competent and doesn't micro-stutter the desktop even on a powerful rig like the foot, so you're good to go. I ran Budgie prior for a better compositor and because of the frequent Krashes but I'm definitely moving to this soon

If you use Linux and don't use KDE, you are doing it wrong.

K-Konqi is n-not for lewd!

It's the only desktop environment that makes any sense from the UI point of view, but it's buggy as fuck and lags about as much in my shitty old laptop as in my desktop PC with a Pascal card.

Not anymore, but I understand if you use an Nvidia card. Otherwise it has to be driver problems not bring configured properly

I'm using it with Nvidia and it works just fine, but you need the proprietary drivers.

OwO do proseed

I use the latest Neon stable release, so I doubt that's the case. But at least it seems the bugs are being stomped out as time goes on. I only hope they don't decide to come up with KDE 6 and create a shitstorm all over again.
I use the proprietary drivers. And I've tried everything. Enabling and disabling compositing, changing vsync method, changing rendering method, enabling and disabling (Full)CompositingPipeline, and nothing works. There's always a few frames worth of lag when doing anything, and small graphical glitches everywhere.
At least it doesn't crash and burn every hour like it used to.
Plus maybe the latency will be fixed for me with the new novidya driver that enables freesync support.

Plasma is fine. If you put an hour or half an hour into customizing it you will for sure love it. I still like Gnomes minimalist approach more, i.e. strip every feature possible away and let it be implemented as extension. I really adore that.

Oh sure that's great! I was just referring to the fact that it's more prone to things like this because of the non-free drivers and poor open source ones but I'm glad to hear

XFCE or nothing, plebs

>Being a GTK fag

Try enabling full composition pipeline and disabling the Vsync in KDE compositor.

the nothingness is more up to date

lxqt does everything xfce does but better

It's probably the most smooth DE since it actually uses the GPU correctly. The only other DE that does that is the raspberry pi one, because it has to or it'd fucking suck.

this
getting rid of GTK should be top priority everywhere. If it wasn't for that cesspool, everything GUI & Linux related would be 10 years ahead of where it is now