Google says not disclosing built-in secret mic to Nest Secure customers was an 'error'

>Google says not disclosing built-in secret mic to Nest Secure customers was an 'error'
>The tech company said failing to inform Nest Secure owners about the device's secret microphone was an "error on our part."

>secret microphone
It's like I'm back in east Germany.

Attached: DbbyTLd1[1].jpg (600x314, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/i/events/1098280819917938688
mg.lol/blog/omg-cable/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

King botnet doing botnet things. Keep using Chrome retards.

List of related articles:
twitter.com/i/events/1098280819917938688

You have no expectation of privacy if you install IoT shit made by an advertising company in your home.

>“The Google Assistant on Nest Guard is an opt-in feature, and as the feature becomes available to our users, they’ll receive an email with instructions on how to enable the feature and turn on the microphone in the Nest app,” the spokesperson said. “Nest Guard does have one on-device microphone that is not enabled by default.” The company also clarified that the microphone is only enabled once you say one of the two required hotword phrases, either “OK Google” or “Hey Google.”

So the disabled microphone picks up my saying the hotword, then activates itself.
Right.

Trust no one.

any electronics made in current year that don't spy on me?

I'd be surprised is there wasn't

Yes. Through quantum mechanics and retrocausality you speaking the words activates the microphone in the past.

For the millionth time yes, look at how these devices are actually designed. They have 2 CPUs, one ultra low power one that listens constantly for the keyword, when it 'hears' it it then turns on the main cpu, which then starts spying on you, and tells you the weather.

Lecture Google not me.
>the microphone is only enabled once you say one of the two required hotword phrases
Like they said the mic's disabled until it picks up you speaking the right phrase. Which processor is active is not an issue, how a dead mic picks up sound is.

I'm amazed that someone didn't discover it by taking it apart a lot sooner.

Translation: "we're sorry we got caught"

use ALIAS

We're well past that point with USB cables that have wifi embedded in them.

>secret microphone
no comrade, the KGB listened in through your phone
in east germany you had to worry more about your neighbors, or relatives snitching on you to the stasi

I don't think I ever even speak in my home.

In 2019, does anyone trust google to NOT spy on you? This is less interesting than the weather today or how my bowels are doing. Here's a quick guide for you faggots who don't understand:

if [ $mega_corp ]; then
echo "Yes, they are trying everything in their power to take advantage of you"
fi

wait, wifi cables aren't a joke anymore?

>mg.lol/blog/omg-cable/
Nope.

I don't see the purpose. If this is some kind of random attack, the hacker won't know the wifi password of the victim.