Can you still use a Core2Duo as day-to-day computer in 2019?

Can you still use a Core2Duo as day-to-day computer in 2019?

Attached: M977-13300_chiclet01_ibp_mn_3859754.jpg (300x300, 16K)

With linux or winxp, yes.

Sandy bridge machines are dirt cheap, get one of those.

Easily

Of course.
t. C2D L7500 running W10 LTSC.

Kinda, but for not that much more you can buy an i series

yes. there are better options however

I already got one tho. I'm thinking of ditching my gaming PC and only using the computer for essential tasks.

> using an '09 intel atom, which in performance is even lower than it

I've used a core2duo laptop as my main computer since 2009 and it's working perfectly even as I type this. I'm currently running a Gentoo virtual machine, photoshop, itunes, ungoogled chromium and word without any slowdowns.

Personally I couldn't, but for most people it works well on Linux or such.

Not like the smartphones people mainly use are more powerful in general.

Yes, I do so

Maybe with Linux but you can get a easy 2nd to 4th gen i5 desktop for under $100 used

I have a Pentium 4 I use daily for playing Starcraft Diablo II & ebook reader.

The processor? Sure.
The other compatible components from that era? Hell no.
> sata II SSD or super old HDD
> low VRAM
> barely any hardware acceleraton

I was using a C2D till a few months ago. It's okay, but the slow as balls hard drive really made things annoying. And with SATA 2, SSDs wouldn't fare that much better either

I use a thinkpad x200t with a core 2 duo with slackware linux and it works perfectly fine.

dual core 4 life

Yup, prepped up a E4500 with 2GB, 6200 TC and 250GB HDD and sold it for 100€.

Starts win 10 pro 32bit in 10s flat.

jesus christ what a fucking jew intel owners are

I sold my Athlon x3 3.3ghz , 560ti , 6gb ram and 250 ssd for 88 eur

It's fine as long as you don't watch 4K video.

Attached: DzulEnuU0AAvxri.jpg (1080x1920, 319K)

Absolutely.
Used a Phenom 2 which is basically the exact same IPC as a Core2 up until just recently. Still played plenty of games, still did tons of emulation, since it was quad core desktop usage was still smooth. I got a free 7th gen i7 computer, and unless I'm running something like RPCS3 or a AAA cluster fuck game in the last few years I can't tell the difference (granted where it is faster, its a LOT faster).
Don't buy Sandy Bridge when Haswell is just a few dollars more if not the same price at this point and includes AVX2 and a few other instructions that are now starting to get wide use. Haswell is really the last gen that Intel introduced anything, everything past that has been really pointless for the consumer market.

Probably I used a 4.5ghx cpre2 from 2008-2017 for gaming
Only thing that killed it was bf1 and pubg being so poorly optimised but t would prpb get 60fps in pubg now

There is no reason to. You can get auctioned business machines for $60 more than that PC with 3rd and 4th gen i5s.

It's just not worth it. The 3rd and 4th gen i5 PCs will most likely have 8gb of ram too.

Flawed logic. You aren't gaining any real advantage downgrading out of an I series.

With dual booting to Linux (pick one), WinXP, 8 GB of RAM throw in an SSD you have a desktop that'll last for years and years if you don't do gaymen.

You can game on same CPU for 9years if you arnt tech illiterate and don't buy some budget crap but a gold high OC 300$ CPU

Even a top end GPU can last this long thou midrange 1060 kinda stuff will only last you 5y and I'm not talking about 30fps gaming I'm talking 70-80fps if you don't buy some stupid map reading monitor

up untill today ive been using a Phenom 8450 triple core, has always worked just fine for day to day and even some games.

Haswell is 22nm while Broadwell and later are the shrunk 14nm version of basically the same core. The iGPU, and uncore components have seen improvements but the core itself hasn't changed since 5th generation CPUs.

You're better off with an Ivy Bridge or Haswell at this point, not a huge jump in price and parts are easier to find and less likely to be DOA. I'm constantly having trouble with my Pentium D9xx rig.

I was on an e8600 until about a year ago. Worked fine.

I am using P5B with E5450 and it's working great.
Probably gonna upgrade to Ryzen 3 next year.

Attached: x.png (411x407, 41K)

Just get a Xeon and a motherboard that supports overclocking on Aliexpress you poorfag.

Yes.

t. Latitude E6400 masterrace

A question
Core2Duo is not the same as i3?

no.

You can get a Q6600 dirt cheap these days. I just upgraded from one. Anything above 1080p was too much for my system. Could be another bottleneck like the ram, or graphics card though. I've seen them for £10 in Cex.