Alright I'm sure this has been asked before and I apologize but here goes:

Alright I'm sure this has been asked before and I apologize but here goes:

Best and safest and most anonymous possible VPN provider?
Preferably one that's logless (obviously), not HQ'd/located in the States, and one that can be paid for anonymously. I think I've narrowed down to Cyberghost, ExpressVPN and NordVPN...

thoughts? thanks.

Attached: cg.jpg (474x474, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29
youtu.be/7G1LjQSYM5Q
github.com/trailofbits/algo/blob/master/README.md
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Best and safest and most anonymous possible VPN provider?
tor

Tor has been compromised so many times and is not a VPN provider...so I'll assume that was a joke...but thanks user.

I don't trust Nord or Express considering how much they spend advertising, but if you believe them then Express is the best for speed and Nord is the best for price
Don't know much about CyberGhost
Mullvad is the go-to recommended VPN here though

>gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29
Use Tor like said

Been using mullvad. I mail them cash anonomously for payment. They only have my account ID and postal address which isn't even in my name.

haven't heard of mullvad will look into
that's quite discouraging...they mention relying on HTTPS so if u use https within a vpn the provider might still be able to decipher your traffic?
They also talk about setting up a VPS...I would think that too isn't secure or private as those providers like DigitalOcean most likely can see the data in your VPS instance??

nordvpn, it works, but you have to embrace the botnet

furthermore....isn't setting up your own VPN or VPS suicide because it's linked to your main IP? or is there a way to internally mask that/fake location on a box I setup at home?

and your IP lol

NordVPn got caught selling cell phone app user data.They did it without stating until they were caught and then edited there privacy agreement. If they are selling that, they more than likely selling other stuff

Yes. They would get a warrant for the VPS center and monitor your rented server. Your IP would be the only one connecting. If you connected through the tor network you'd be better off but you would lose your connection speeds.

So moral of the story is only use Tor? Can't that be traced back to your IP as well if the feds really wanted to?
What about using Tor in conjunction with a VPN and HTTPS everywhere and maybe a peerblock-like application? all within a virtual machine so the MAC can be masked

>Can't that be traced back to your IP as well if the feds really wanted to?
No. The only proven thing they’ve ever successfully done was catch people by injecting malicious JavaScript into a version of the Tor browser bundle’s browser that was old and shouldn’t have been used by anyone in the first place, becuase there was a newer version out. It was a dark web CP forum and they were catching people as they were logging in with some sort of captcha type verification thing. Other than that the only other busts that have ever happened on Tor were due to bad opsec and old fashioned police work. Some argue however that some were caught with some sort of technological method and the law enforcement used parallel construction (look that up) to build cases against those people. That is something that is unproven and inverified however. All that being said Tor is still the best option for anonymity, and security wise you just have to maintain your own good opsec (look that up to). Tails is a decent option, however IMO Whonix is the best option, especially if you run it on a qubes OS machine. Whonix sets up in two virtual machines with one acting as a workstation and one acting as a gateway, so theoretically even if an exploit for tor hit you while you were using the workstation it wouldn’t be able to leak your real IP becuase the Whonix workstation doesn’t even know what your real IP is. So to break Whonix they would need to not only first exploit TOR but then also a virtual machine escape exploit. Another option is i2p which is likely even better than Tor for darknets, but it’s a lot slower (probably from lack of nodes) and pretty much no one uses it. i2p however is useless for staying anonymous on the clearnet, whereas Tor does it well.

If you want a VPN don’t expect anonymity but if you want one for security for when you may be using a open wifi network or something it’s best to just set up your own than you yourself control completely.

Here is a link to a good guide on setting up your own wireguard VPN on a VPS.

>Tor has been compromised so many times
source

Wasn't a faggot arrested after saying that he'll shoot up the school (to ditch an exam) using university wifi and tor?

Source: youtu.be/7G1LjQSYM5Q

Yes because he was on the library’s wifi network and he was the only one using tor at the time. If he had of used a bridge he wouldn’t have gotten caught, or VPN > Tor. Tor doesn’t hide the fact you are using it to your ISP or whatever network you are on unless you use a bridge.

Forgot the link:

github.com/trailofbits/algo/blob/master/README.md

Nord is botnet and sells your data and keeps logs
Express is shill 99 so i'm sure they are doing the same shit just haven't been exposed yet
The real only fucking option for you is Tails/Whonix/Qubes/Tor on public wifi on an on old laptop (core2duo or A12 at the latest, NO RYZEN NO i3/i5/i7 MEMES) through a vm.
and just hope no one cares enough to go after you.
as you phrased it, "if the feds really wanted to" - you would already be compromised.

And about the free ones, do you have any recommendations? I read about windscribe and hide.me not storing logs or storing them for so little. I just want to try vpn services without entering credit card info. I don't need so much bandwidth nor so many locations around the world. Also, if I use a VPN, my ssh connections also get routed through the VPN, the DNS ones? Thanks Jow Forumsents.

Attached: 1550730101592.jpg (650x910, 32K)

Attached: thread.jpg (319x188, 7K)