riot.im
>Reccomended servers
any server that is not matrix.org
Ditch discord or xmpp today

Attached: th.jpg (474x397, 18K)

once they fix the mobile ui ill switch

Why would I want to ditch Discord when it works perfectly fine

It's nonfree and made by a jew

Currently using wire, which was activated with a dummy email and a virtual phone number. Why would I like Riot over Wire?

Isn't Matrix ended up being centralized anyway because everyone uses the default riot identity server?

banter.city
heyuri.cf
this the mobile ui is so fucking bad but i like the new desktop ui

Give me drop-in voice chat similar to Discord voice channels and I'd be more than happy to switch to Riot. Skype-esqe conference calling is fucking lame.

What's the easiest way to set up your own Matrix server? Is Synapse really the way to go?

XMPP with OMEMO

This. It just works too well for me to want to switch right now

ui is trash old one had better color scheme

Identity server only matters if you map 3PIDs (email, phone number) to MXIDs, which is hardly ever important.

It's not a perfect solution, but you could embed a mumble-web instance as a widget in a room. It kinda works.

Synapse is the only fully-featured server for now. Hopefully Dendrite soon.

>ditch XMPP
nice try, juden

>virtual phone number
wut? since when is that required?

>IME input bug still not fixed
REEEEEEEEEEEE

>hey use our new program instead of discord
>"why? it doesn't have a user base and is a shittier version of discord"
>MUH FREEDOMS
fuck off and take your garbage software with you

HypeSquad shill detected

Did they improve their clients? The android one used to be really slow.

Federation and self-hosting are very important aspects. It's what can keep the service alive far past the death of its original developer/host.
Discord might seem nifty now, but should it e.g. run out of money and close, all of the communities there will lose all of their histories, member lists and home.
Note how all notable protocols that have withstood the test of time (e.g. Web, email, IRC, …) are federated, open protocol and have user-hostable servers and FOSS servers/clients available.

Does anyone here run their own server? What is the resource usage like?

The Android client is being slowly rewritten, IIRC, plus a redesign is coming out for the current one soon. Also try out miniVector (fork of Android Riot.im with less bloat), it might be faster.