Hue

What's the verdict on Phillips Hue?

Attached: philipshuemain.png (1200x900, 480K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnx-software.com/2017/03/03/ai-light-esp8266-based-wifi-rgb-light-bulb-supports-mqtt-via-espurna-open-source-firmware/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Needing a bridge is stupid

I’m using it. It’s alright.

Attached: 51DD79DE-F742-4FC0-A7EB-52B425AE34D3.gif (344x282, 172K)

Botnet

botnet

Botnet.

Bot net.

Expensive

Any worthwhile alternatives? Chinkshit? I wouldn't even insist on network connectivity.

I am using the yeelight bulbs. They look nice and are customizable as you want. The only downside is the need to rely on the Chinese servers and sometimes some bulbs will lose connectivity to your box, you will need to reboot the box or bridge the bulb again in the app. You can enable local control and use them with automation apps but I don't know yet if you will never lose connectivity.
Solid experience so far (got them for 8 months and had the problem twice)

Attached: hue_hue_hue.png (1024x748, 325K)

>need to rely on the Chinese servers
Sounds shitty but then again I used motionJoy for months...

I heard the bulbs aren't too expensive since they last longer?

>Any worthwhile alternatives?
generic dimmable LED or halogen bulb + electronics only, no SoC dimmer + getting your ass up from the bed to turn off and on the lights.

The alternatives last as long. Philips is overall expensive

I don't need any more wiretapping devices

I use them. Very convenient. I like the light strips too. Have one behind the headboard of my bed

>not taking your yeelights offline with dev mode

Attached: 03d42c2d83f56ec746ec790b59a27e5543f4e376.jpg (661x882, 113K)

based

yikes dude

consumerism.

Brilliant to have these lights desu. Initial cost is pricey but you soon grow to realise how handy it is to have them.

New firmware update bricked mine

Overpriced proprietary botnet.

Chinkshit + open source replacement firmware. example:
cnx-software.com/2017/03/03/ai-light-esp8266-based-wifi-rgb-light-bulb-supports-mqtt-via-espurna-open-source-firmware/

this but unironically

walk the 3 feet to the god damn switch

Hueня.

Bump

X10 is still a thing
remote controllable outlets/modules that uses house wiring to communicate, can dim lights and be be augmented by WIFI