If you had to pick one of these linux distros at gunpoint, which one would you choose and why

If you had to pick one of these linux distros at gunpoint, which one would you choose and why

Attached: sel1.png (2336x968, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qftb2O--Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Windows 10 Enterprise

Solus or Mint

Debian

Arch, it's basically the most sane of the 3

Propably mint.

Slackware, because fuck D*bian and fuck Micropinus.

>Imagine being this much of a faggot

Attached: laught.jpg (397x391, 67K)

this picture is so fucking shit it has to have been made using gimp

Snackware
Debian always worked like shit for me and Arch is too annoying to install

well I already use Debian so lets go with that

arch because i dont like apt and shitware is meme tier

debian, i need it for my server. arch is not fit to run on a server

Debian, easily
>Extremely stable
>Can be optimized for any kind of user(maybe not a complete newbie but that's it)
>Huge community, good philosophy, a couple sjws here and there sadly but nothing you can't deal with
>Tons of packages, if there's something for Linux there's a .deb file for it somewhere
>I'm experienced using APT, don't feel like learning another package manager although I know the basics of pacman, emerge, eopkg, and such

>Slackware
I'm not old enough for this shit.

>Arch
I know to much about Linux to deal with that shit.

>Debian
I'm already using Ubuntu so it's basically the same with slightly older packages.

Arch

Who are you quoting?

slackware because I never tried and I dislike debian

this

Arch. Closest to Gentoo, they got a simpler variant of ebuilds.

I hated making apt packages when I tried it.

I've never tried Slackware, but the support I suspect is garbage

Plain Debian is too old to use, while sid feels like not khm maintained well

Arch is ok, but the packages, especially the aur ones, are sometimes in a big big trouble. Requires a lot of manual tweaking, no complaints: 6s boot up time on a slow hdd with 230 mb of RAM used

>mom cancel my meetings, X server crashed again

Debian

How come no one talks about Slackware?

Arch. Because it got the best wiki.
Slack seems good, but until I get proficient enough to use it, the Arch it is.

Fuck off shill

Attached: 3670_pepegang.png (128x128, 28K)

Debian because it is relatively easy to install and stable and it has a good community.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

hahaha yes me too i use arch btw and did i tell you i use arch linux hahaha arch is hacker distro for 4-digit-iq people like me who can hack and use arch linux and also i use arch linux which is a real distribution for real people who can become hacker btw did you know i use arch linux if only my xorg.conf worked i could show you my riced i3-gaps with screenfetch teeheehee arch linux is so h4xx0rz shit for true computer people like me i use arch btw

Attached: sour grape.png (688x1430, 165K)

slackware because it's literally the best distro when it comes to stability (which debian is a joke when it comes to that). it's actually insulting putting it together with 2 other distros that are fucking garbage developed by a bunch of fucking faggots

>arch is too annoying to install

Attached: E8633595-3B43-49D7-B9CE-3347C0A1A154.jpg (645x729, 30K)

Gentoo wasn't an option you dumb faggot.

Attached: 1526956784588.png (901x375, 84K)

>installs gentoo
>uses it like Arch
Gentoo just had a kernel update btw.

Fedora for workstations/desktops, Debian for servers

>Solus
Fuck off Kevin

the one i use of course

At gun point I would choose Arch because it's so much easier to use and I would probably be nervous with a gun pointed at me.

I guess the hip gentoo wm is dwm.
And yeah just noticed the update too.

this, it doesnt have 20 year old packages and requires the least amount of maintenance

>thinking green text is quoting
Hello my fellow reddittor, welcome to 4channel.

Attached: o7vF8_IU.jpg (500x500, 48K)

>all the arch neets
Daily reminder that Arch isn't a distro meant for working, but just for learning Linux.
Slackware is the boomer version of Arch.
Obviously the best of those 3 is Debian.

>nsa/sjw distros
>no bsd options
>not even just openbsd
I'd tell him to just pull the trigger desu

Arch because just works, update software and not run by SJWs and because I have no idea about Slackware, don't even consider it.
>pretending to be newfag pretending to be oldfag
Or actual newfag pretending to be oldfag? I can't tell anymore

NSA/MSFT managed to get WSL running well enough you know

>what is gpu-passthrough
so you'd prefer a giant shit with a cupcake on top, instead of a giant cake with a little shit on top?

uname -a
Linux 4.18.0-2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.18.10-2 (2018-11-02) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Debian every single time.
Can use stable for NAS/small homeserver and can use Sid for desktop, what's there to hate? I don't give a fuck about their ideologies until they try and push their shit on my computer.

>"reee! stop liking what I don't like"
Grow up. It werks for me. At least bring an actual argument faggot

It was definitely an incorrect use of greentext. The "Imagine" should have been omitted.
>Being this much of a faggot
Is the right way to do it. You get a feel for this after living here for a decade. Yes, really. Leaving is impossible.
Anyway "Who are you quoting" is the traditional way to call out using meme arrows incorrectly. So you double outed yourself as a newfag.

why fox?

Manjaro, why would I use anything else?

> has to have been
fuck off you piece of shit indian

people don't want to manually solve dependencies

This! It was never fun.

npm-diskfull.joeg

>joeg
End me

>all these retards picking shit not listed in op's pic
He meant linux distros, not a manchild gayming firmware
Fuck off Kevin
Not an option
Stop forcing your gnuspeak on others, freetard
Gentoo is not an option, you stupid shit. I bet you use Manjaro

debian easy
t. i have no idea how to change repos

it's british english you fucking mutt

no, it's past perfect and it's either have or had you fucking piece of shit indian

I use arch but if I had to stick with one forever I'd go debian

Ironically I use arch for ease of setup... because I actually use non-ancient hardware

Nice reading comprehension; ESL, retard or amerimutt, which is it?

the event started in the past so it's
> had to have been made

Attached: 1550788242067.jpg (452x349, 9K)

Slackware, because it's stable as fuck, doesn't get in my way, and abides by the UNIX philosophy.

Attached: IMG_20190221_223114.jpg (2976x3968, 3.33M)

arch is reddit tier faggotry. they are a group of homosexuals that are not l33t enough to install gentoo but want bragging rights because they can read a manual

kek

i want to switch to slackware after i get more familiar with loonix, do you recommend dwm of i3? im currently using dwm

fedora, get me away from apt

Debian, obviously

I'm already running Slackware. Feelsgoodman.

I use Void Linux

Arch
Because Luke Smith is holding the gun

Pretty much this

Debian gives you move the option to run stable or sid. Best packages. Best support. Better stability than Arch.

Only reason Debian isn't put on a pedestal here is because it's old, stable and the backbone of so much. Tweens need to fumble with their poorly thought out distros so they can justify moving to the next a week later

Arch for my desktop and laptop, Debian for my server.

Slackware easily. I'm using it on my laptop right now. Best distro hands down.

Slackware because you might as well blow your brains out using the other two

Debian, use net install then do ez lfs

It's murrican English too. I see nothing wrong with this construction.

Enjoy your 4 packages in the repo, faggot.

because we build shit ourselves retard

youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qftb2O--Y

slackware is as old as debian dumbfuck

Nice job, too bad it doesn't pay :^)

nice larp faglord

Slackware and the guy doesn't have to point the gun, il pick that choice anytime

Reason: used from 2006 to 2013.
Reason #2: Pure nostalgia

> I use Solus has of today, since i like new projects that start on an independent base.

Attached: Bob.jpg (236x299, 21K)

I dunno, I have been trying to connect an arch and a debian together with a crossover cable and have it come up automatically so they can ping each other for over a day.

Fucking debian (raspian actually) ignores whatever I put in the /etc/systemd/network directory. Shit works fine in arch.

Attached: arch copypasta.png (1880x310, 62K)

Debian, not a fan of SystemD but it's only one of the three I have experience with

>debian
>because it is closest to ubuntu

Slackware, because I’ve been using it since 7.0

no pepper

this. Pat is one of the only sane ones left.

>when the poo thinks he’s english

Debian so I have the least amount of downtime before getting back to what I'm doing.

slackware, since I'd never have to update it after installing

Attached: fuck you.jpg (564x428, 116K)

repos are for zoomers that can’t build software or administer their own systems

t. zoomer

I already am on Debian stable, have been using it for years.

gentoo