GNOME font configuration

Why do we still have to edit CSS files to customize fonts in GNOME in 2019? This is supposed to be the flagship Linux desktop, and it's got less customization options than Windows 3.11?

Attached: gnome-shell-font-change-css-750x469.jpg (750x469, 74K)

>editing files in gedit

Attached: 1285425704843.gif (500x491, 376K)

This is why.

>GNOME
found the problem

Because the devs have bad attitude and think everyone else is retarded except them. One of the many reasons Linux will never be popular on desktop. Xfce and similar DEs are reliable but normalfags find it old so they want something new. If they try gnome they'll run back to windows.

Looks like you got GNOMED, me old chum

Attached: 1546564153856.jpg (474x355, 14K)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I HAVE TO OPEN TEXT FILES AND DO READING NOOOOO HOW FUCKING DARE THEY

what is GTK?

I'm not sure what you're doing there but is different from what the Gnome Tweaks GUI does?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-22 04-27-14.png (950x700, 50K)

GNOME Tweaks doesn't let you customize the GNOME Shell font (the font in the top panel for example). A really odd oversight IMO.

you're just changing key values either way. editing the string directly is more efficient than scrolling through a menu.

more efficient for who?

stop using gnome like the rest of us

What do you use

Can you reconfigure those gawd awful reddit headers

kde plasma

People with a least a high school diploma

So, not kids. You want to deprive them of using Linux?

It's gnot GNU. It's gnot gedit. It's GNOME! And you've been GNOME'd!
All settings must be eradicated. Your computer must become like your phone. You must like the experience provided and not try to customize it.

Attached: gnome.jpg (800x450, 25K)

OS?

i honestly don't get how people defend this. im a muh minimalist dwm user and use old school vi to edit config files all the time, but gnome isnt meant to be like that. gnome is meant to be full gui clicky scrolly settings change
its not an oversight, changing the font of your DE ruins the branding and detracts from the RedHat Vision™

>Fiddles around with everything ... blames the developers.
Ricers are the cancer of GNU/Linux. Be glad that you can modify your DE at least somewhere, the poor children in Africa have to use Windows.

Fucking scum misusing this meme, kill yourself

this, kek

>flagship Linux desktop
where did we go wrong