>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K or i7 9700K - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X or i9 9900K - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>8GB RX 570, RX 580, and GTX 1060 are standard choices
>RTX 2060 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>RTX 2060 is standard
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is standard
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: 1484348845011.png (1336x1336, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/xqDzcY
linustechtips.com/main/topic/986897-psu-tier-list-30/
pcpartpicker.com/list/W2cHgw
pcpartpicker.com/list/HbTPq4
pcpartpicker.com/list/WPhKmq
pcpartpicker.com/list/jb97jy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how come psu and mobo tier lists aren't in the OP?

Why doesnt the 2070 get a mention?

because there is no list for them
use what suits your needs

what do you need to know?

isn't that a Dominus? for their most recent and most power-hungry Xeon? that one indeed can eat north of 1kW

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/xqDzcY

good build?

Only 15% better than the 2060 for 50% more money

>psu tier list
linustechtips.com/main/topic/986897-psu-tier-list-30/
>mobo tier list
pic related is z390 vrm tier list

IMO both deserve to be mentioned in OP
maybe a rework is in order
maybe a new list for AMD is in order
but these are solid lists

Attached: z390 rev9.png (1540x2287, 165K)

I'd go with full-fledged ATX if I were you. More room in case = better temps.

my previous build is full ATX, uses up too much space. The reason I'm getting this case is because of airflow/price/size. I think the cooler is more than enough.

does the "Asus TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)" wifi work on ubuntu? according to "dlcdnimgs.asus.com/websites/global/aboutASUS/OS/Linux-Status-report-201810.pdf" its status is NA

I need a monitor with these details
>32:9
>1440p minimum
>Curved

how about pic related

Attached: xda4pmf92pw11.png (1069x1274, 163K)

Damn so if i want 8gb vram im forced into the 2080, nvidia are a bunch of cunts, too bad amd doesnt really compete
>inb4 navi
I need a pc now, i cant wait that long, last i heard it got pushed back further into the year

Im guessing the 2060 would just shit if i hooked it up to a 4k tv

adding it to my collection, thanks

just wait a couple years with us

Attached: 1518935744330.jpg (600x600, 59K)

D-don't worry guys, AMD is going to s-save us. We just have to wait a little l-longer, ok?

Attached: 1538663684323.jpg (722x1280, 189K)

CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY
>dell aw3414dw
>asus rog swift pg348q
>acer predator x34p

last I heard radeon vii's were not completely off the market

why doesnt pcpartpicker have xeon w processors

Reminder, if you're past the age of 29 specifically and
>still play video games
>don't have a house
>don't have a wife
>don't have a college degree
>don't have a paid off car
>don't have a child or one on the way
>don't have at least 2 outdoor hobbies
you need to get off this board and go outside.

Attached: hmm.png (1206x723, 712K)

28 im still good for a year
I already know i fucked up this playthrough

I always thought because you can't really buy them at a retail store but it turns out you can. Why would you though?

who needs paid off car? you change it every 2-3 years anyway, once the warranty ends
now, paid off house makes sense
but that's another league entirely

best cooler for 2400G? Or will the wraith stealth be enough when I don't plan on oc?

noctua has a version of nh-d15 for am4

But they are as loud as jet engines.

just downclock it, how is this even an issue

Just got a good deal on an MSI Armor 1070 OC.

Worth it to go from i5 3350p to i5 3570k for $100, or should I wait for Zen2 to drop?

Attached: 1533164646111.png (636x498, 307K)

prove it. link a benchmark where the vii beats a 2070 without sounding like they whole case is about to take off.

don't buy a turbine
problem solved

something cheaper and smaller?

how do you get spiders out of your pc

i think the wraith stealth should be enough

max out the fans?

>wanting baby spiders flying inside your pc

why not?
spiders are smart and will go away

If I want the best budget single thread performance should I go for the i5 9600k or wait for zen2?
I'm a skeptical of zen2 beating the 9600k in single thread performance though.

turn the heating up in your place
I'm not kidding, they won't go away if it's cold out there

Take PC outside and rev up the fucking leave blower.

Next time heat up your room more or install LEDs inside your PC. Insects love dark and warm places and hate bright and cold places.

thanks man
I'm going for light work build only so decided that instead of getting shit 2 core cpus and some low gpu, might as well get a semi-proper cpu without gpu
poorfag problems you know

>heat up
>spiderbros love warm places
wut

Or just keep them there and give them names.

>after long deliberation I finally divide to pull the trigger on a Vega 56 for $330 on amazon last night
>goes on sale for $280 with $30 rebate on newegg and sells out while I'm sleeping

Attached: 1546301767933.jpg (270x187, 6K)

Serves you right for buying Vega.

They nest inside your PC because it's the warmest and darkest spot. Same reason why roaches love PS4s. If the rest of your room is warm then they have less incentive to nest inside your PC when they could be nesting in a warmer spot in your room like the heater or window.

>RAM I want is on sale
>Mobo is on sale
>GPU on sale with rebate

>Pay day

>Ram is $20 over msrp
>Mobo is out of stock everywhere except ebays used section
>GPU up $75 from sale price, not including rebate

Such is life.

Get a Quadro p600 or p1000

I7-8700k

Go ahead and rip apart this poorfag shit im putting together
pcpartpicker.com/list/W2cHgw
Anything without a price is a carry over from a previous build destroyed by a water cooler.

>buy poozen 2600
>play 1st metro from 2010
>dip below 60 fps
dont make the same mistake

it's either the game engine, you or the GPU

Even with a i9 9900k at 5.0ghz you still get drops below 60fps in certain games. Namely kingdom come, ass creed, and saints row 2.

Things that should be illegal:

* case windows
* superfluous LEDs
* keyboards with colors other than black, gray or beige
* monitors wider than 16:10

Attached: 1548920979606.jpg (957x621, 90K)

metro isn't CPU limited with a 5 year old i5. It's your GPU

>buying refreshes
>not Zen 2

why

you're right pepe the frog
don't forget about gaming chairs
that's a good pasta by the way, you should keep posting it

>was due to buy a Vega56 today for £299
>price dropped to £278 last night
>am happy

That's not exactly budget my man (at least where I live).

>mfw 2600 and downloading nexwest metro right now
>mfw I'll quickly test it then delete because it will mostly likely have strong women bullshit like the second

Seriously though I love my 2600. I kinda wish I got the 2600x but it doesn't really seem worth it for an extra £50

pcpartpicker.com/list/HbTPq4
Thoughts? I'm still a bit skeptical on getting an SSD since stores still inflate their prices here in the third world

Agreed

asus prime is bottom tier garbo m8 get asrock pro4

change the motherboard for one with a heatsink over both VRMs. Asrock Pro4 is good.
spend more to at least get an 80+ bronze PSU.
And you can probably get a 2TB HDD for not much more.

2Cores/4threads or 4cores/4threads for Linux work? Budget is 30-40€ MAX
I bought 8gb's of (new) DDR3 ram on impulse for 15€.
I already have an old Dell Optiplex case with a mainboard, PSU and an old HDD. I only have to get a CPU. Should I go for a 4Core/4thread i5 or a 2core/4thread i3.
I'd like to spend no more than 30€ since I'll only use this build for messing around in linux.

Attached: charls.webm (352x199, 144K)

for a midtier gayming pc should i get a gtx 1070(380$) or an rtx2060(450$)?

Im building a silent setup in the Phanteks Eclipse P600S Closed Black with a dark rock 4 pro or just the standard 4 if i cant fit it and i have 6 be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm PWM Fan High Speed Edition, someone in the last thread suggested i ditched the hard drive and reduce noise more and get a 2tb sata, but after looking up the prices it cost a fair bit more in total so i thought about pairing the Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 500GB with ADATA HD830 Rugged 2TB External HDD
It works out cheaper that way
Can anyone find a flaw in this plan and do you think the fans will be loud being about 12 fans total in the case after gpu fans?
I dont mind some noise im just trying to keep it to a minimum

Either. Theyre about the same performance wise, 2060 just has some current gen feature the 1070 doesnt like DLSS and raytracing.

I would consult your budget and see which it prefers.

I used to be more tolerant of all these things but it turns out when you give them a finger they rip off your entire arm. There's lots of cases out now that are great in functionality and looks but come with a huge side panel. And there's not even an option to have it filled or replaced by a real panel. Still rocking my LianLi V1000 in my main computer and you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands.
On big monitors (27+ inches) I don't mind 16:9 though, but any lower than that and you strugge to even fit anything on the screen vertically. I wanted to get a new Thinkpad to replace my T430s but they all have a huge lower bezel that could easily be filled by a taller screen. The only ones not affected by this are Macbooks, the MS Surface and the Lenovo X1 Yoga.

What's the general concensus on ROG STRIX Radeon RX VEGA 56 8GB OC? Its on sale for $439 CAD. I got an xfx rx580 gts black edition that's running at 80c underload in a DIYPC DIY-BG01 and can return it. Will the 56 rog strix fit inside it, it looks like the USB header will be in the way and will it also run too hot? Also will 600w powersupply be enough, it's a evga 600b. Some people say 600w is enough if the powersupply is decent, but this one I'd supposedly low quality.

Personally I don't think it's worth it unless you have a freesync monitor and really want an amd gpu, otherwise there are better alternatives.

get a 4c/4t i5.

Yea I have a freesync monitor and the xfx is running too hot. Either from shitty thermal paste which is supposedly an issue with these xfx cards or poor airflow or both. I was trying to change the fan curve and undervolt last night without much success

Okay, I updated my list
pcpartpicker.com/list/WPhKmq
I think it overall looks better but
>Seagate
Yeah, I'm still a bit skeptical about this one. I've heard horror stories about Seagate drives flat out dying for no apparent reason. I'll leave it as a reference point, though, since the 2tb 5400 rpm WD one costs the same.
Also, do you have any alternatives for the headphones or is that /hpg/ territory?

thank you

Fuck off, I am better this way than being a bluepilled tradcuck waiting to be cucked

Ok AlphaC

Just upgraded my old 6950 to a 580, same PCIe slot and HDMI cable to my monitor.
My computer is displaying off of pic related instead of my 580, is this just a driver thing or is there a setting somewhere that I need to change

Thanks

Attached: wtf.jpg (490x363, 48K)

looks much better. Overspending on the PSU is a very good idea since it's something you can likely carry over to the next build and the more expensive ones are much less likely to catch fire.
My EVGA G1+ has a 12-year warranty.

nah, that's just Speccy being retarded. It hasn't been updated since 2016.

9900K for $399 or 2700x for $319? I do have a custom loop btw so temps don't matter for me.

I got my 2600 for $160AUD after stacking eBay codes/specials. That’s a $100 off. Was pretty happy with that

Just purchased an EVGA G3 and comes with 10yr warranty

There was a 2 year warranty extension special when I got my G1+ 10 + 2 = 12

Thank you. besides clocks and TDP, is there any significant difference between say, an i5 3570 and i5 3330?

>besides clocks and TDP, is there any significant difference between say, an i5 3570 and i5 3330?
no, absolutely same CPU otherwise

>YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE EXACT RULES OR YOU ARE NOT A PART OF SOCIETY
whoa
sorry society police

Alright. Thank you.

Having a child at 29 is fairly irresponsible imo. >40 with a younger wife is the way to go, probably.

>25
>only two of seven completed
>12% chance to accomplish any of the rest

Wait for Zen2, no need for such a small upgrade

Ryzen 5 2400G for 110 eurocoins, new with warranty straight from retailer
yay or nay

Anyone else have an opinion or can answer my questions?

Bully my rig pcpartpicker.com/list/jb97jy parts are on their way, should arive in 2 or 3 days.

Attached: 1521659418469.jpg (640x856, 63K)

>how come psu and mobo tier lists aren't in the OP?
Because that doesn't help with gayming.
>1070 8gb
That's a placeholder right? If not that's stupid.
Your builds alright otherwise

Looks like the average standard euro price. Not a deal but MSRP atleast

should've bought a 2060, dumbass

Nice troll build I guess