Php

What does Jow Forums think of php? I want to avoid it because it's ugly however it's recommended for so many tasks I need to do.. What do?

Attached: 42406110_322548708559862_3409547855070016724_n.jpg (1080x1080, 88K)

It's an ugly but robust and mature language.

>Email contact form
>Inserting nav bar code in every page without rewriting

What language?

Why do people here keep reposting the picture of him?

php

Fucking shit. Never using it again after my stint at a startup. Literally would rather write web servers in bash.

>however it's recommended for so many tasks I need to do
I find this hard to believe.

Okay let's hear it then..

Attached: 1545983097152.png (482x480, 432K)

Try TypeScript or if you dont need stability try Elm. PHP is an ancient language that offers very few tools to prevent incorrect code from running.

>He still uses lynx

It's fine for simple stuff really, not hard to learn, generally does what it should. It's still shite, but decent shite at least

who is she?

Ignore this zoomer. Php is fine to learn and the latest version are pretty quick. Just look it up and save yourself from the meme's.

>she

Why is that man wearing a bowtie on his h ead?

source?

This OP.
Honestly a very powerful and easy to learn language. Battle-tesed as well, powers a lot of the biggest Internet websites.
By far the best option to learn back-end web dev.
Don't fall for the Zoomers'meme, Javascript and other bloated shits will just complicate your life.

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 10K)

Based and techpilled

is that the chick from matilda?

Shhh don't tell them this, I like having more job thanks to zoomers.

Install Laravel

what's wrong with javascript, user? I'm learning back-end web dev using it
I plan to learn php after js but I heard that php7+ "is becomingn java", many are switching to golang

It’s only ugly if you make it ugly.

I bet you’re glad that you have warning labels on things so you don’t shove them up your ass or pour them on your crotch.

Whatever you do, don’t do this. Laravel is a garbage abstraction layer for a bunch of abysmally slow symfony components.

it's a necessary evil

I write php for a living and 4 out of 5 days I run into something retarded that the language does.

Avoid at all costs.

You must be a fucking idiot then. But then, the world is filled with people like you. I’ve made a career out of reworking garbage legacy PHP applications written by retards like yourself in modern PHP.

well, guess it depends on where you live because there are shitloads of php dev positions and internships where i live.

There's nothing wrong with javascript, php, or java.

Only absolute buffoons hate those languages. The real pile of AIDS language is C++. We were good with C for speed and bindings for other languages. Didn't need that big pile of AIDS.

At least we have rust now.

Nice ad hominem. I've made a career out of reworking garbage legacy php apps too but I won't assume your competence or otherwise.

Almost all dynamically typed languages do dumb shit. PHP just tends to be more counter-intuitive than the rest. There are plenty of examples of PHP not working like you'd "expect" it to. Then this functionality has to be maintained throughout time eternal because "70% of the internet runs on php". Sounds like a great language to learn /s.

If someone is looking for a tool, unless it's displaying a web page, PHP generally isn't the best one.

With Symfony it's actually tolerable and 7.* is fast as fuck.

besides java it is the second most money making programming language ever

pure php? just kys

php with Laravel/CodeIgniter/Symfony/etc.. yes

I used to only use Python with Flask for my small personal projects because I had heard how terrible PHP is/was.

Then I had to use PHP for work, and I read PHPTheRightWay and found out about Composer and Slim Framework and PHP PSRs, function return and parameter type declarations, phpstan, etc. and I realized developing and deploying PHP apps is far easier than Python ones, without introducing anymore bugs or performance issues.

the language itself is still shit and rife with inconsistencies, but people have managed to build a nice set of tools an ecosystem around it and using it coupled with a frameworks makes it pretty painless.

Attached: 1549514378415.gif (360x360, 1.32M)

Estefannie?

>zoomer
>Zoomers'meme
>zoomers

Attached: KEEP WHINING AND BLAME OTHERS Poster _ ERIN _ Keep Calm-o-Matic.png (600x700, 266K)

zoomerpilled

kek