Why is there no FOSS equivalent of this?

Why is there no FOSS equivalent of this?

Attached: onenote-featured.png (640x427, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

alternativeto.net/software/microsoft-onenote/?license=opensource
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

emacs can do this

emacs supports pen input?

you can embed voice notes on emacs?

Vim + LaTeX

yes
yes

>what is Joplin

Zim-project

Pen and papper?

Onenote Desktop 2016 is what keeps me using Windows. Anyone tried if it works nicely on wine?

neither of those are free, and most pens sold on the market don't even come with their schematics

This. Pens are botnet.

there is no FOSS botnet

what is it?

the greatest note-taking app ever made

>app
oh, nevermind

alternativeto.net/software/microsoft-onenote/?license=opensource

Taking notes by hand with a pen/pencil and paper is proven to aid in retention and understanding of information.

I just use Google Docs.

Most all of those are focused more around the note syncing/storing/etc aspects of onenote and don't even attempt to be as good at actually taking them, which is the important part.

Sort of, but not really. It's not the pen and paper part which matters, it's that you're going slower and not just quickly typing out unchanged chunks of text. If you make an active mental effort to reword whatever notes you take you get most of the same effect.

>Note taking
Why would I need anything more than a notepad equivalent?

>why would I need anything more than a rock to defend myself and my cave?
>why would I need anything more than my trusty mule to haul my harvests to the market?

Org mode

because you can't Ctrl+F physical notes

It was also the brain activity involved in writing (cursive improves this) which leant towards learning. I've sure you've heard people say "let me write this down so I remember it" but then remember it without even consulting the note.

It's the same with reading on paper, where your brain gets all sorts of tactile information that leans to associations being formed.

Despite all of modern technology the brain still operates on natural terms.

Why remember when you can just store the data digitally?

Because it's when things are in your long-term memory that you can start pulling together diverse information to form abstract conclusions.

Yes, the 'brain activity' is that your brain needs to actually store it in working memory so it can transfer it to movements of your hand, rather than just telling your fingers to hit letters. There are other methods of gaining essentially the same effect on digital notes.

Emacs Org-mode is what you're looking for.

I've been a long time vim user and a longtime Onenote user. I never had a laptop with windows on it just for one note.

I ditched Vim for emacs because of Org-mode and never looked back

Based