Nvidia 2060 or 1660 ti?

Which one? It seems like 2060 costs 30% more for 15% more performance and shitstain RTX.

Attached: rtx_2060__1546866811418.jpg (800x518, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/996970/Far_Cry_New_Dawn__HD_Texture_Pack/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Radeon VII

15% more FPS with RTX off, but it probably drops by a third of you enable its meme feature. The 1660 is the better of the two, but I’d spend a hundred bucks more and get a refurbed 1080.

1660 Ti is enough for 9.5/10 games at 1440p@60FPS ultra settings.

/thread

Attached: watercooling.jpg (4496x3000, 365K)

If you're aiming for longevity, 2060, but if you need a card now get the 1660 and wait until RTX2

wait for larrabee 2

80 bucks to move up a tier is worth it imo. Beyond the 2060 its 150 and then 200 to move up teirs

16 > 11 > 8 > 6

There's no reason to not ever buy the Radeon VII

welt it depends, do you want a GTX 1080 or a GTX 1070?

undervolted vega 56 works too

590 and Vega 56 have better incentives/rebates which tend to make them the better deal unless you're in Scandinavia or SEA.
Or used Pascal card. You can get a 1070, which is around the same perf as the 1660ti with 2Gb more VRAM, for around $200. Why spend $80 more for less?

2060 is not a 1080. Less VRAM, and slower. It tends to be close to the 1070Ti, sometimes better in DX12, but 6Gb isn't always enough.

ew, neither. 1070 or something not uncucked like that

> If you're aiming for longevity, 2060
Heh. You do understand it will be useless in 2020, when first ports from PS5 with 24 GB of RAM will release?

next year being 4 years from now okay.

Right now RTX is pointless gimmick
it's not worth additional money until next generation desu

Vega 56

By the time RTX is widespread these 2xxx cards will be useless. They barely have enough horsepower for raytracing in 2019 never mind a few years from now.

By the time DXR/VKRT catches on, you'll need a more powerful card to actually run it well than these 20 series RTX cards.

Anyone buying an RTX card for "future proofing" is an idiot. It may not even be until 4nm/5nm that real time ray tracing can be handled well and be a clear benefit over last gen.

I've heard the RTX cards can actually perform worse in some games than the older 1070, 1080, and 1080 ti cards. Is that only while RTX features are enabled or is it across the board? Trying to decide whether to pick up an RTX 2080 or a 1080 ti now for VR and multiple monitors.

That's stupid. You're stupid.

RTX 2060 is like a shittier 1080, barely matching up to the 1070 Ti.

I agree but I didn't even mention the RTX 2060.

>4nm/5nm
so year 2050?

Don't buy any of these. They are too marginal an improvement over the previous gen. Way way way behind Moore's Law.
Get something cheap (

> next year being 4 years from now
What? Remember when games like Sleeping Dogs started to include HD textures? August 2012, PS4 released in November 2013, in a year. Same thing happens now with Far Cry New Dawn (it's probably shit, but it's irrelevant to my point). Either developers are lacking resources or already develop software targeting the nextgen and they know what to expect from it.
store.steampowered.com/app/996970/Far_Cry_New_Dawn__HD_Texture_Pack/
> Those of you with the high-end 6+ GB GPUs, you will be able to play the game in a sharp 4K resolution
This is right here right now, 6GB is the lowest you could possibly have in 2019 for /v/ needs. Expect higher requirements in a year from now.

I can't wait to see what Shawn has up his sleeves...

Why the RTX hate?

I have 2080ti and raytracing and dlss looks amazing
Runs fine on 1440p ultra

Don't buy Pooga56

AYYMD SCAM EXPOSED

Attached: Pooga.png (1280x290, 47K)

>going this far into diminishing returns
baka desu senpai

They perform worse for the money.
It is the first generation of graphics cards to ever offer less performance per dollar than the previous generation, and significantly so.
Usually every 18 months improves how much performance per dollar you get by around 25%. That's held true for like 2 decades before the Turing cards.

A 2070 was sometimes a little slower than the 1080 at the time, despite costing like 25-40% more money.
And Vega 56 had dropped down to 250-400 while often matching or coming very close to the 2070.

I'm surprised there is 3 threads for this shitty card. I thought most credible reviews covered it fine
>it's better value and makes more sense than the original RTX cards, but that's not saying much when those were terrible and there are better cards to get for the money already on the market

In a few years we'll look back and laugh at people who were dumb enough to buy RTX cards. They'll be afraid to show their system specs for fear of being ridiculed. Worse than 3.5Gb.

>DLSS looks amazing
LMAO!

>so year 2050?
Uhhh 5nm is already having engineer samples made for it.

The reason 7nm took so long was figuring out EUV. And it took a while for other fabs to grow to the point of making Intel's fabs look shit when they used to be world class. Now that EUV is mostly figured out, getting down to 2.5nm is going to be a lot more steady.

5nm should be in consumer GPUs in 2.5-3.5 years.

>sales are a scam. Pay full price for Nvidia cards only!

Vega 56, if you aren't retarded a cheap 1070 or a 1080Ti

I have an RTX 2060. Please don't make fun of me. I don't take well to being laughed at.

>Tfw I bought a 970
>Tfw to this day games constantly stutter and become slide shows for a few seconds for me any time the card dips into that 500Gb of VRAM.
I need to to move up to something else.

>tfw you bought 8gb r9 390 instead of a 4(3,5)gb 970

Attached: 256815918.jpg (601x601, 232K)

It's a rough position because a 570/580 isn't a huge upgrade despite being the current best value cards, but outside of going back in time to the previous Vega 56 sales or getting a used card, there's not much worth buying.
I'm not sure why you didn't jump at the $300 Vega 56s, really. You can sell the games pack if you don't want them. It's been the best deal on a new GPU ever that I'm aware of. It's like AMD is subsidizing them just to hold market share, since I don't get how they can be making money at those prices.

You're just stuck having to lower settings to stay under 3.5Gb until more affordable 7nm cards come late this year unless you want used.

Don't listen to these idiots. It's either 2060 or 2080 Ti, the only rational choices.

$350 for a 6Gb 720p card lmao.

VRAMlets never learn.

Attached: muh games only use 3gb i mean 6gb i mean 8gb i mean 11gb.jpg (576x768, 43K)

Just use integrated graphics.

Attached: 1550733113293.png (888x894, 520K)

I just pirated 10 games on my 970 including bf5 on all ultra and mine was fine but i still sold it

You mean a based 1080p 144hz card? Its so nice and oced so much

A 580 is equal or worse than a 970

you're retarded if you think the 970 is faster than the 980.
RX580 is around GTX 980 performance on average, and generally double-digit percentages faster in newer games.

Attached: igiot.png (1328x2879, 174K)

Yes, because games need that 16GB VRAM right?? By the time game need that, the Radeon VII will have fallen off

> games need that 16GB VRAM right
imagine btfoing yourself by not reading up just 6 posts There are a number of games which currently will use at least 12 or 13Gb if available. Or even more.

And only Vega can run them at their fullest due to HBCC. It's a well established fact.

You're retarded. Just because it reserves any excess VRAM you have doesn't mean it needs it or has a use for it.

>Hey install this brick that can't do anything that you wanted to do

Shut up retard

590 and Vega 56 have better >incentives/rebates which tend to make them the better deal unless you're in Scandinavia or SEA.
They don't have cuda, or software support, so fuck and GPUs. They are pretty much garbage.

>he uses closed source CUDA software

Attached: punctuation is important.jpg (460x355, 47K)

>He buys garbage

>don't play x game or use y software
-amdshill

>defending closed source

Attached: cunt.png (1442x944, 1.88M)

>costs 30% more for 15% more performance
that's like every piece of hardware.

>defending amd for not working on software compatibility themselves
You're such a faggot cuck that you payed money to cram yourself into a little Linux box that yoy can't run any decent software anymore.
Tfw you should have just bought a Mac, or console if you really didn't want to use a PC to do computer stuff.

Good question. 1660Ti matches 1070, but mostly has below Vega 56 performance, even when OCed. 2060 is guaranteed above 56, but by a small margin. The only question is, do you overclock? If you do, you may want to gamble and get results close to 56/2060, it costs just a bit more than 580 8 GB. BIOS mods also may be underway to increase dat power limit.
Also also, there are suspicions of having some tensor cores on that 1660 silicon, because FP16 is the same with 2060, but all RTX features are unavailable.
All in all, it's tempting. Still think I'll abstain, it would be unreasonable to pay more than 200 euros when all I do is work and fiddle with Linux, having maybe one gaming session per month. Maybe you don't need it either, think about it.

wait for intel gpoo.

>Free to play that's available on consoles
Definitely an amdfag

This is wrong. There was never any Vega 56 sold for $279. They listed a model for that price that was already sold out just so they can say see look ours costs the same.

VII

There is nothing wrong with closed source you poor communist faggot i write closed source for a living.

>muh bideo gaymes are the only use for computers!
Fuck off /v/ermin
So do I put I don't actively shill for it here because foss is better for humanity.