I want to fall for the CRT meme. Are there ANY new CRTs being made?

I want to fall for the CRT meme. Are there ANY new CRTs being made?

Attached: 1461657480297.jpg (1440x2560, 612K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ofK3MI3xM_4
google.com/search?q=flat crt
gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3149457
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_panel_display
pcmag.com/encyclopedia/term/43284/flat-crt
whatis.techtarget.com/definition/Flat-panel-TV-Guide
amazon.com/Sony-GDM-FW900-Widescreen-Trinitron-Monitor/dp/B00004YNSR
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/flat-screen
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

god i wish that were me

No because there is literally no advantage to CRT

IIRC Philips was still making some for the Indian market as late as 2013-ish. I don't think you are going to find any newer than that since LCD has been dirt cheap for years.

Just get a nice used one.

Kill yourself trannie faggot

cute
sauce?

kys

youtube.com/watch?v=ofK3MI3xM_4

>saw a big-ass CRT TV on the side of road on my street

I should have picked it up. It was one of the very late ones just before flat screens.

let me red-pill you

Attached: crt.png (1536x1024, 2.38M)

just get a used set, but only ones that are above 100kHz horizontal refresh. Keep an eye out for nokias, sonys, eizos, etc

Autogynephilia isn't trans, it's just a fetish for s*yboys

you mean before LCD or before flat CRT?

Onions boys are worse, kill yourself scum

flat screen is synonym for LCD screen or any other technology used in current monitors

there aren't any flat CRTs as far as I'm aware

>there aren't any flat CRTs as far as I'm aware
dumb zoomer

>flat screen is synonym for LCD screen
only if ur a dumb burger
clearly you arent very aware because i had one

show me one flat (1) CRT

here's more than one you dumb nigger

google.com/search?q=flat crt

You've never seen a trinitron before?

how about you kill yourself, underage shitstain

none of these are flat

go see an eye doctor

>can't post ONE (1) flat CRT ITT
>"noo I swear they exist"

See

>cant use google image search
>"haha they dont exist!"

I didn't see anything monitors that looked flat on google image

CRTs aren't flat

am I being memed?

No
FST has been a thing on CRTs since 98

The TV set itself is not flat as it is rather bulky. Flat in this case refers to the glass surface of the screen, which used to be rounded.

gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3149457

The SCREEN is flat. As opposed to slightly convex. Older TV screens were slightly rounded. New TVs (we're talking about tubes, still) had a flat front instead of rounded. The glass was 1 flat pieces like a tabletop. The screen was literally flat. The entire structure was, of course, still bulky because it was a tube. But the screens were definitely flat.

>Flat in this case refers to the glass surface of the screen, which used to be rounded.
it's literally the first time I hear some using this definition

look at the description in the wikipedia article

>They are far lighter and thinner than traditional cathode ray tube (CRT) television sets and video displays and are usually less than 10 centimetres (3.9 in) thick
it excludes CRT TVs from being flat

FLAT SCREEN

kys, retarded zoomer

enjoy your eye cancer

i guess you dont use mobile phones either because MUH CANCER.

too bad all your neighbors have wifi giving you cancer aswell. no wait that's good since ull hopefully die

why are you so angry that you were proven wrong

googling flat screen on duckduckgo gives this article as the first result

flat screen is synonym for flat panel

you're grasping at straws and I suspect you ARE the zoomer here

imagine the smell

you cant even capitalize the right word. fuck off retard.

seething tech-illiterate

says the guy that didnt even know CRTs had flat screens

see
>They are far lighter and thinner than traditional cathode ray tube (CRT) television sets and video displays and are usually less than 10 centimetres (3.9 in) thick

I thought we were talking about (FST) flat screen technology

see i asked which, and then your tech illiterate retard ass went on a dumb fucking rant and cherry picking your own shit. fuck off and kys newfaggot. dumb fucking burgerstani

>
>flat screen is synonym for LCD screen or any other technology used in current monitors

That's flat-panel, retard. Flat screen just mean the screen doesn't have rounded edges at the sides. There were plenty of flat screen CRT's. They were way better than the old school LCD's and plasmas of the late 90's/early 2000's. LCD's didnt even get really good until a few years ago.

My new Samsung freesync display is the best display I have owned since my 19" flat screen CRT Sony 1280x1024@75Hz I ditched back in 2006, and I have owned at least 6 other LCD's and one plasma in between.

you were the one to mention flat CRTs

Flat screen is synonym for flat panel.

Google "flat screen" and the top 20 result will fit my definition, not yours.

Kid, we called those "flat screen". That is where the term "flat screen" originated from, and was later hijacked by LCDs. The original definition of "flat screen" was cathode-ray tube displays with flat front panels.

You're showing your age.

What the fuck is this thread
What's next, kids screeching about differences between magnetic tape and tape reels
fuck

>you were the one to mention flat CRTs
exactly, it was the first fucking post that started this hole fucking discussion, yet you somehow are still too fucking retarded to understand that and keep thinking we're talking about fucking flat panel LCD

fuck off back to /v/ you dumb zoomer

Attached: 1549222566618.jpg (645x729, 56K)

What's a 'tape'?

yikes

Attached: chrome_TIW1bIMNYH.png (617x534, 48K)

the thing amazon uses so your box doesnt fly open and lose the item

HOLD ME BACK, MAN! HOLD ME BACK!

Attached: 1538808464002.jpg (447x347, 65K)

CRT TVs are shit, specifically late ones.

based Jow Forums posters

There are no flat CRTs tho
You still wrong

>>back to /v/
>said by a CRT fanboy who will be using them for his retro gaymes
Be self aware for once

Educate yourself please
pcmag.com/encyclopedia/term/43284/flat-crt

because you're using your own made up definition of what "flat" means, inbred mongoloid.

the screen is what you look at. if it's flat it's a flat screen. there are CRTs with a flat screen. there's at least 3 people against you.

KYS brainlet

look, another article from the 1st page of results after googling "flat screen" supports my definition

I can't even find anything about yours

how old are you

are you retarded?

Why would you assume I meant the curvature of the screen when I compared the CRT I saw on the street to a FLAT screen. Do you think I examined the TV and looked at the curvature with a magnifying glass or did I look at its general shape?

They have 1 or 2 elements that are better (such as crisp blacks and durability) but newer displays of thousands of benefits over tubes. People gotta consideral general tech advancement. PPI/resolution, built-in wifi/bluetooth/streaming apps, DLNA clients capable of handling even MKVs, fine tuning the picture itself with dozens of tweaks. Size and mount-ability, of course. I mean, it's just not worth it.

I am 39 years old. I've had TVs that were made to sit on the floor. I had an iMac DV Graphite Special Edition with there CRT (rounded, of course) was built in. I've seen the old tech and what its limits were. I would never go back to it.

I'm not even debating this with you. You're just some stubborn kid who's immature pride is keeping them from learning a thing or two about the origin of the tools they claim to value so much. Fuck off back to Sesame Street and start learning the basics before getting the ring with people out of your league.

>still trying to use modern cherry picked definition of "flat screen"
>keeps posting link to "flat PANEL"

>Why would you assume I meant the curvature of the screen when I compared the CRT I saw on the street to a FLAT screen
that's why i fucking asked about it holy fucking shit just end yourself so you dont contaminate the fucking human gene pool you absolute imbecile

Can you be more retarded? SHOW ME ONE (1) FLAT CRT

>>still trying to use modern cherry picked definition of "flat screen"

flat screen is synonym for flat panel

you're retarded

>You're just some stubborn kid who's immature pride is keeping them from learning a thing or two
nice projecting kiddo

>i no efryting bout puterz
>how duz u gugle?
Pick one.

Attached: 1528818889646.jpg (1916x630, 285K)

>still refusing to admit that "flat screen" can mean literal flat screen instead of flat panel because he's not old enough to know anything else
ok zoomer

nice deflecting kiddo

Flat means not rounded, ergo a flat CRT is a thing. Still, it's not a "flat screen" like LCDs were called. Fucking idiot arguing semantics for stuff that doesn't even have an official definition.

Here's an example of a flat CRT advertised as such: amazon.com/Sony-GDM-FW900-Widescreen-Trinitron-Monitor/dp/B00004YNSR

Did you even read the link I posted?

He's right though.

LG Flatron F700P. The screen was perfectly fat. Everyone called CRT's like that flat back in the day. This was my first PC in 2003, used till 2008 but the refresh, even at 100Hz fucks with my vision.

Attached: Screenshot_20190223-220151_Dropbox.jpg (1440x777, 181K)

>SHOW ME ONE (1) FLAT CRT

Attached: 1549807391299.jpg (640x845, 103K)

all regular CRTs

>another crt thread ruined by semantics
thanks everyone

I had a Philips like that. Then I found a relatively older (but otherwise perfect) LCD on the street.
Much better. Either get a higher end used CRT, or don't bother. A cheaper LCD is far more tolerable than a CRT of the same price group.

>they dont fit my definition of what "flat" (which i think means thin) so they're wrong!

Attached: 1547758741764.png (960x960, 331K)

is this anime good?

The scteen isn't flat, fucking shitter. Only the very glass on the surface is flat, it still was round beneath and you still had not perfectly rectangle image.

That's wrong tho

It had to become a googling and agepeen contest

>can't post one according to the definition 99,999% of people use when they say "flat screen"

>my definition
the one everyone uses except you retards

>used to describe a television, computer monitor, etc., that has a thin and flat screen

THIN AND FLAT

THIN
H
I
N

No it's not. It still was a lense.

you're just reinforcing your own bias by not accepting other meanings, shithead

Is this a troll? That's not a flat CRT

incorrect

Attached: 43thincrt.gif (470x302, 20K)

What, do you want to ague about the definition of "thin" now?

>tfw waiting to pick up a rebadged Sony GDM5403, 21 inch, up to 1600x1200 at 85 Hz, aperture grille, FLAT SCREEN, for free

Attached: 1540925261937.jpg (567x450, 32K)

Please don't feed the trolls.

itt
>people sperging about flat crts and semantics
>not realizing flat tubes are inherently inferior

my first fucking reply to you i asked if you meant LCD or CRT

keep posting, moron

>FLAT SCREEN
HAY WATE A MINUT DATZ NOT A FLAT SCRENE

Attached: 1534617973772.jpg (566x616, 101K)

>it's a "Jow Forums decides to abandon common definitions and vocabulary in favor archaisms to shitpost the thread to death" episode

Attached: really.jpg (250x241, 6K)

>grille
yuck

Attached: 9mZgCHZ.jpg (334x290, 33K)

>flat was all the craze back then
>all the normalfags want bent screens now

Good shit dude

Attached: 1537164569515.png (250x244, 88K)

I bet you use the dictionary definition of feminism too, faggot.

you guys haven't posted 1 credible source to date

I have three

this. TVs are absolute trash compared to PC monitors. nobody seems to get this.

and I answered you

why do you keep replying to me when you've been proven wrong again and again

>keeps reposting the definition for flat-panel
>ignores the fact i said FLAT SCREEN not flatscreen or flat-screen
>keep ignoring the fact i asked if he meant LCD or CRT in the first fucking post that started this whole shit
what now, faggot

ZOOMER ALERT

If you haven't noticed, we're pretty much just making fun of you now.

Attached: 1535097606025.jpg (591x604, 98K)