Just installed Gentoo a few days ago, and everything works fine, exept because the wifi inteface isn't deted...

Just installed Gentoo a few days ago, and everything works fine, exept because the wifi inteface isn't deted, while in the gentoo's live cd it worked and it was named wlp something (I installed the system by wifi), now it apears to be named sit0 and Im un ¡able to make it run, recompiled the kernel but I ddn't found wifi drivers for my card (Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter)

Any ideas on what to do?

Attached: Screenshot_20190223_194231.png (1366x768, 464K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/System#Automatically_start_networking_at_boot
youtube.com/watch?v=C-Np_IOImqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

install gentoo

I have the exact same card surprisingly. I remember also dealing with the same thing but then I realized I fucked up on this step
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/System#Automatically_start_networking_at_boot
after the reinstall everything worked fine

I forgot to mention. name it net.wlp2s0 instead of net.eth0

I've already done that when installing, but had to change it from the chroot cause network didn't start up.

did you try changing sit0 to wlp2s0? it's listed how to do this in the link I posted

Did you use genkernel or manually? Cause I've done manually.

But in the installed system wlp2s0 isn't detected.

I always use genkernel but even when I did it manually it worked. I think you should try genkernel to see if it would work

yes but creating a symbolic link to it may work

I've done it before:

underrated

717 packages really? do you maybe have a spare systemd just in case?

Nope, openrc and kde plasma.

yeah I guess kde became a stable bloatware these days

>kde
stopped reading there

op maybe if you don't use gentoo desktop profile but base instead you could have the same setup with less packages

install networkmanager for kde and it should help you

I really liked the kde vault thing when I was testing made my own with encfs later

Remember the older the network card the more secure it is and the more likely it is to work with Unix

lol op sorry, plug back the boot usb take a good look at the modules loaded there and see what you've missed, also use lspci lsusb. If I remember correctly you have to enable more than one thing in wireless device menu ( where you choose specific drivers for nic ) when configuring kernel.

Gnu's not unix

also op take a look at this video youtube.com/watch?v=C-Np_IOImqU at one part this guy explains how you can see the loaded modules in live usb but I don't remember exact point. sorry

you guys are insufferable sometimes

reinstall gentoo

But the handbook told me to do it that way, and it's my bible, the main reson for using gentoo: easy documentation.

Use dwm nigger

>it was named wlp something (I installed the system by wifi), now it apears to be named sit0
/etc/default/grub:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="net.ifnames=0"
grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
reboot