What do you think is going to be the next big thing? Something equivalent to what the Internet was back in the 90s

What do you think is going to be the next big thing? Something equivalent to what the Internet was back in the 90s.

Attached: Brain-Meme[1].jpg (880x480, 50K)

my upcoming inventions.

>next big thing
my dick when I see your twink butthole

Running a forth on a system with 128 gigabytes of memory and 4 terabytes of vnand when it does not need it.

haha, good one! now, fuck off, this is an 18+ website.

deep learning content creation

5G...

tesla cars

>What do you think is going to be the next big thing?
ECMAScript 6

When they announce Internet 2

Apple releasing a OSx variant so IPads and Macs make a convergence.

Same with surface products.

Android is doing this with ChromeOS laptops.

Quantum PCs

i'm thinking cybernetic implants and this possibility scares me

The Internet of Things. It’s going to become more prevalent than ever.
Newer WiFi standards too. Faster 802.11 and newer WPA encryption standards means companies will eventually be replacing all wired LANs with wireless. Goodbye cables.
These along with 5G will also change the face of hacking. If you’re reading this and are actually a true hackerman, start brushing up on your wi-fi and Bluetooth attacks, as they’ll become more relevant than ever.

Human augmentation. Curing stuff that can't be cured by simply changing what doesn't work with a synthetic one that works even better than the original.

Robotics and Machine Learning. What we have seen so far is the tip of the iceberg. Almost any physical task could be automated, e.g. most of food services, agriculture, manufacturing, transportation and construction. It hasn't happened overnight because industry is conservative and needs time to catch on to new research. And we still need advancements in ML to automate all these tasks.

ML will also augment, but not replace, intellectual labor. E.g. summarizing documents, editing documents, better semantic search.

High IQ City States and Nick Land

AR glasses that don't make you look like a dipshit. In the period between them being them being accessories and them being the device themselves phones may stop coming with displays.

Smart Contracts (plz buy me bags sirs)

the extermination of the lesser races and the revival of western civilization

those cheeks aren't gonna spread themselves twink

AR(VR) HMDs that meet certain requirements in quality and price, which should, realistically, happen within 4-10 years, unless something goes horribly right/wrong in marketing and some other factors.

I think what'll end up playing out is that we get a variety of device form factor "architectures" (should the phone and HMD be combined, split with a wire, split with a wireless adapter, etc) at first from companies willing to experiment to see what the public wants, and then they'll converge on what I'm predicting will be the most successful form: an AR(VR) HMD that has computation and battery built-in on the headset enough to deliver on most casual tasks, and hardware that enables "wireless foveated transmission" (basically makes huge high res video data possible to transmit wirelessly cheaply by taking advantage of the limitations of the human perceptual system). This HMD would be able to be used standalone, so that you get the advantage of being able to take it anywhere and use it conveniently at any moment's notice without needing to plug it into a computer/phone. And it would be able to be used while connected with a computer/phone wirelessly, for more advanced users. It would have a power/data port like most phones, but that wouldn't need to be used for video (though it probably could, if you really wanted).

t. fag that's involved in the VR/AR industry

Post credit sequences at films will cost extra ($1.50) to view

I feel like by the time that we've reached Moore's Law (which is 2020 at the soonest and 2030 at the latest), we would have new technologies like new batteries and quantum computers and vacuum tubes central processing units. Also, phones will be replaced by wearable devices that is controlled by brainwaves. The wearable devices will be slow, bulky, faulty, and ugly at first but overtime, it will be fast, slimmer, functional, and attractive. It would be. more or less, like the evolution of smartphones in the 2000s. Oh, and also, we will have continuous, wireless charging and better WiFi coverage so you would stay connected all day, every day. AR and VR games will become far more prevalent among consumers as wearable devices become more widespread and used. Then after all that, we will get smart contact lenses and then some electronic device that you attach to your brain in order to use it as your personal communication device in order to keep in constant contact with the Internet and everyone that you know and love. All of this will happen within this century. Of course, that's just my guess.

Attached: futureshockcomic.jpg (500x323, 53K)

hi daddy

Attached: u5870qrmrkh21.jpg (715x483, 27K)

singularity

I'm fuckin excited. Hopefully I can become full android before I die of old age or cancer.

I don't know one thing about coding or hacking. What do I do to prepare?

>The Internet of Things. It’s going to become more prevalent than ever.
In what kind of way, may I ask? This isn't my field of expertise, but I can't imagine adoption in a major way happening over the coarse of any short time period. People will not want to replace some of the more long-term electrical appliances and components in their homes until they really have to. For new infrastructure though, sure, they'll use the new cool stuff, as long as it's cheap enough and meets their requirements.

3d printing of people who don't exist in flying cars.

VR

This so much. Once quantum computing becomes available then everything that has ever been posted on the internet will be made public. This is a war on social identity and it will cause chaos in the modern world, distrust in a government and industrial establishment and possibly catastrophic results ending in extinction.

Faster computers would be nice, unironically. Like computers that operate in the petabytes and make today's computing look like a joke.

Bitcoin

Fully automated travel

graphene memes
quantum (______)

good response, friend.
a lot of appliances are shitty and break beyond affordable repair. the average lifespan for long term stuff can't be more than 10 years. for every damn fine appliance that lasts decades there must be a dozen shit ones that don't last 6 years.

bitcoin

I am releasing a 7-bit trinary processor.
This is the next epoch.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.75M)

the end of the internet

I think most of us are going to die/be killed before the next actual big thing. It just seems to be the path, guys. In less its a viable non-binary/non-mentally-ill computer architecture I don't see anything technological have as big of a societal impact as everyone being slaughtered.