Friendly reminder that this exists

friendly reminder that this exists
and you don't have one

eizo.co.jp/support/db/files/catalogs/crt/F980.pdf
>0.199mm horizontal pitch
>137kHz scan rate

no better crt has ever been made
prove me wrong

Attached: 1549493429062[1].jpg (2048x1536, 609K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ofK3MI3xM_4
manualslib.com/manual/699326/Sony-Gdm-5402.html?page=13#manual
arachnoid.com/modelines/
tftcentral.co.uk/images/asus_rog_swift_pg27uq/P1200645.JPG
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I still don't know why they were pushing the specs on these so much most people were running them on 640x480 in games and a bit higher but almost always stuck on 60hz for desktop work.

cool, where can i buy one for under a gorillion

muh gaems

I bet Irem games look great on Eizo monitors

I know of an F930 for sale, completely negotiable, but it's a four hour round trip to pick up, what do?

Attached: 1537551712036.jpg (736x736, 75K)

>wanting to buy a crt with a pair of extremely visible horizontal wires running across the screen
I got memed into buying an aperture grille once, never again
shadowmask4life

garbage taste

My GDM-5402 may not be the holy grail, but it's comparable enough that I don't want anything else

>CRT

Hipster trash. Give me that 31-inch 4K monitor they make instead.

here's your blacks, bro

Attached: black.jpg (770x513, 11K)

Brofist, basically secured myself a free GDM-5403 a few days ago, only waiting for a convenient time to pick it up.

Attached: 1500416404595.gif (139x211, 371K)

Attached: 1550640001557.jpg (560x746, 54K)

>4K
>31 inch
What's the fucking purpose? 31 inch is barely the right pixel density for 2560x1440. For 4K to make any sense you'd basically have to put a 45-50 inch TV on your desk.

Attached: 1538684332948.jpg (500x375, 40K)

Buy an IPS based panel monitor with much higher resolution than a shitty Eizo CRT could ever display instead.
Save hours of driving and wasting gasoline on top of that.
Belive me, you won't be able to make a better deal than this.

I have a 15-inch Full HD laptop and it looks fine, 31-inch 4K is the same DPI.

If all you use is nu-software that scales well. Even going back to Win 7 will already put you into a world of pain.

almost BLACKED

>just be a liquid crystal cuck

I don't use scaling. It's completely fine.

>EIZO
They make professional equipments for color correction and post-processing shit for the film industry, so I guess they are expensive as fuck... do you have one OP?

Wait a minute
>waiting for GDM-5403
>see GDM-5402 mentioned
>google specs to figure out the difference
>GDM-5402 specs list all sorts of resolutions
>GDM-5403 specs list exclusively 1280x1024 and 1600x1200
What's going on here? I mean, I'll still pick it up and try it out, but can it be that a CRT can only do two resolutions?

Attached: 1414162594072.gif (270x271, 301K)

These are not consumer products, they are made for very specific workflows and tools.

Should I get a VR headset or a new monitor?

My current monitor is an HP w2207 and still works fine. The monitor I'm thinking about getting is an AOC - G2590FX

They are the same monitors for different markets. Exact same specs.

VR and Gaming Monitors are not comparable in terms of utility. You use a monitor to do desktop based stuff and VR to do VR stuff. There is very little overlap.

>tfw got a Dell P1130 for 10€ from a friend

I had two of these fucking things at work like 20 years ago. It was replaced with two EIZO LCD's. It was nice to be able to use the desk to fit more than just a pen on.

Why the fuck would I want a CRT

>not getting GDM-5510

Easier to clean than an LCD when you jack off onto it.

Who fucking knows. I've legit never heard such stupid shit.

you kids these days....

youtube.com/watch?v=ofK3MI3xM_4

jesus christ, get it
how is this even a question

It's not exactly like I can choose which high end CRT to pick up for free in my little town of 20,000. I was happy to even find something that's more than just consumer grade cheapshit tubes.

A CRT provides a unique visual experience that cannot be replicated.

It's analogous to asking somebody why you would want to drive a 1969 Corvette Stingray when you would get better gas mileage with a Toyota Prius.

Can anyone make out the model or at least the brand of this thing? Ad only states it's 22 inches, nothing else.

Attached: $_57.jpg (1024x768, 50K)

>when you would get better gas mileage with a Toyota Prius
And by less of an annoyance to everyone around you. I'm all for exciting cars, but not at the expense of other peoples' peace and quiet. The electric performance revolution can't come soon enough.

Jesus christ. I spent up until 20 using CRT monitors because it's all that existed. They were dog shit.. flickers, headaches, burn in, shitty colours, bleeding.. I could go on. I am exiting this thread. Enjoy your CRT monitors, good luck getting one in to a Starbucks.

Ask the person that put up the ad?

Flickers and headaches are usually a sign of poorfag 60 Hz models.

try not using shit tier models

I hadn't thought of that honestly, I can be a little bit of a sperg sometimes.

Why would I want to drive a 1969 car? Explain yourself.

I had two of the model in the OP. I wrote this earlier

>It's analogous
no it isn't an old car is actually cool, having a CRT in current year of our lord is just fucking sad.

Attached: 1536681444819.png (849x425, 234K)

yeah I'm just joshing m88.
I had 2 of them back in the day becuase there was a local oil/minerals company with hundreds of old Sun workstations being replaced.

Relying solely on a CRT would be sad in the same way relying solely on an old rust bucket would be. This, just like classic cars, is about something that you can engage in on the weekend when you want a different experience or to relive past memories.

all your issues could be explained by incorrect settings.

this CRT will BTFO almost any LCD, why should i get rid of it?

Attached: basedCRT.jpg (2043x2188, 2.08M)

Because it's fucking cool.

Attached: 1969-ford-country-squire-1968-chevrolet-kingswood-estate-rear-three-quarters.jpg (1600x1200, 591K)

better than being a CRT cuck

It's an amazing monitor for PC gaming and web browsing, but I would still take a Sony 40XBR800 over it. 19.7" viewable size makes all the other benefits it has less impressive.

>keeping the CRT but not the infinitely more interesting Sun workstation
and they ask why I hate you CRT faggots. I see this all the time
why is it cool?

Because the interaction with materials and technology which is unknown to one's daily routine not only evokes excitement and curiosity towards a new kind of experience, but also - as is the case with objects of historical cultural significance - feelings of nostalgia and a better connection to one's own culture. Old cars among other things are stuff your parents and grandparents grew up around and cherished, why wouldn't you be interested it getting to know it?

Disregard all that bullshit from manufacturers about resolution support and look at the scan range.

Look here:
manualslib.com/manual/699326/Sony-Gdm-5402.html?page=13#manual
>Deflection Frequency
>Horizontal: 30 to 121 kHz
>Vertical: 48 to 160 Hz

Now go here:
arachnoid.com/modelines/
and plug in a resolution you want to know if this monitor supports, like 2048x1536@60hz.

That would come out
># 2048x1536 @ 60.00 Hz (GTF) hsync: 95.34 kHz; pclk: 266.95 MHz
Modeline "2048x1536_60.00" 266.95 2048 2200 2424 2800 1536 1537 1540 1589 -HSync +Vsync

95khz, which is well within the range of the GDM-5402

2048x1536@75hz would be 120khz, which is probably the ceiling for this monitor. You can push it to 2400x1800@60hz but you are going to run into issues with interference and the limits of the screen pitch.

Thanks, really helpful stuff.

>relive past memories.
i guess, if you don't have autism you can literally emulate anything you would use it for though and usually looks worse than your memory of it no matter what hardware you got cause its a childhood memory the place and time matters just as much as the cathode ray tube and chink shit hooked up it.
i wouldn't get rid of it, just wouldn't go out of my way to acquire one at some nostalgia tax price

i take back what i said about car analogy though, ive seen car shows as pathetic as pic related so whatever.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-23 16-53-37.png (1201x803, 1.18M)

And here's the spec sheet for the GDM-5403
it has a range of 30-109khz, so 2048x1536@60hz will work on it too.

However, you don't want to use that resolution because the benefits of it are next to nothing at that screen size and you can instead push your refresh rate up to get less flicker and better FPS in games. I would use 1280x960@100hz.

Attached: sony_gdm-5403_g1_chassis.pdf_1[1].png (761x991, 22K)

>and usually looks worse than your memory of it
Actually if I get a high grade CRT and build a period correct high end computer now it'll most certainly look better than my midrange hardware and consumershit monitor experience at the time.

>better connection to one's own culture
not only do I personally have zero culture, but what do old cars have to do with culture?
at most they would be representations of imperialism
besides, my grandparents always said old cars were shit, and so did my parents

iyama :v

I was thinking 1440x1080 (apparently good for 95hz) on desktop to get the same pixel density as on my main rig, and in games 1280x960 (apparently good for 105hz) or 1600x1200@85hz depending on support.

I had this mofo. Did 100+hz on desktop resolutions with bnc vidaya cables. No crosstalk, everything good. Had some convergence problems, but fixable via OSD. Fodsend for old gaems and divx/dvd vidya - you could view them in native resolution and the quality was 10/10.
Only problem I had with mine (except the heat and weight) was the text sharpness loss above 1600x1200 - but gaeman and video worked great.

Iiyama vision master pro 530? 430? 450?

>always stuck on 60hz for desktop work.
my fucking eyes

Thanks. I've googled Vision Master Pro 22 inch just now and it brought up the 510 and 514 with 130 khz and 142 khz hsync ... wew!

mfw skipped out on a free 514....

Good thing ill hopefully be getting a really cheap viewsonic with a 130kHz horizontal soon...

>no better crt has ever been made
>prove me wrong
GDM-W900s/FW900s are nice for coming in a 16:10 aspect ratio. I'd consider that a nice lateral upgrade even if the scan rate and pitch aren't as nice.

>stop buying things you don't need

Attached: E3C3C952-9092-47D2-B80D-BA6BDD41F1CB.jpg (226x223, 5K)

Make me. Especially when it's about driving around to pick up free professional CRTs.

For some reason 1440x1080 is not a standard resolution for PC monitor so it can be a bit of a pain to get working. Try setting a custom mode and see how it works, but don't be surprised if you run into issues.

Never got the opportunity to buy any of the workstations, they were already gone - some company in South Africa bought them.
They didn't want the monitors though.

There were CRTs that could do 141kHz. I don't know the models off hand though.

Ladies and gentlemen, a perfect example of a de-cultured future.

CRTs can do whatever signals fit the timing. You can get a run of the mill 15kHz CRT TV to do 1024x240 if you really wanted to.

I've seen those. none of them have a pitch anywhere near 0.199mm though.

> I like to cause eye strain and damage my vision with a CRT because like most hipsters, I'm an idiot

To play some old dark games like Thief (they look pretty bad on IPS).

They aren't that noticeable, and they screens are flat.

They also make shitty displays, and try to sell them with a huge premium. Not all eizos are worth buying.

It'll most likely do 2048x1536@80fps. The cap is mostly vga, but some monitors look better at that resolution than others.

crt emit radiation much farther than flat screen tech so I'll pass on the meme display

Is the difference between 0.24 and 0.20 that noticable?

your phone emits more EM radiation than any crt yet you keep it right next to your balls

>128 vs 106 dpi
yes

gave that shit up a long time ago

60Hz was seldom used because flicker is very visible on a CRT with such a low refresh rate. 85Hz was the minimum for me at least, 75Hz in a pinch.

>i liek pixel beeg!

How do you calculate dpi on aperture grill?

25.4 / pitch
note that shadow masks have 3 dots per pitch interval, so you could say they have 3x higher dpi than triads-per-inch.

>i liek ant sized letters

My preferred dpi range for desktop content is in the low 90s anyway, especially for older software that doesn't scale well for high resolution, if at all. Even a large consumer CRT of like 21 inches isn't an enjoyable experience above 1600x1200, and for smaller ones the optimal resolution is even lower.

I'm sorry your vision sucks and you're unable to operate the DPI scaling controls.

>25.4/pitch
But aperture grill doesn't really translate like that. Iirc even Sony pretty much admitted that their dot pitch was kind of just bullshit for marketing's sake.

>so you could say they have 3x higher dpi than triads-per-inch.
You can't though, because shadow mask has 3 larger sub dots, and aperture grill was really a lot better user.
It's why Trinitron, and Sony dominated so fucking hard.

To degauss it, of course. LCDrones will never know that feeling.

been using CRT for almost 20 years stay mad with your basedboy eyes

>glow in the dark IPS nigger
nope

try again

tftcentral.co.uk/images/asus_rog_swift_pg27uq/P1200645.JPG

but how expensive is it?

It may surprise you to know that 99.9% of high-end CRTs were not originally designed or purchased for playing games.

Attached: main-qimg-0aedf815f360ca95baa5f3ce3832b8a7-c.jpg (2592x1936, 1000K)