B-but Linux is Soo Much Better Than Windows!

Can we appreciate the fact that Windows actually works and you don't have to spend hours scouring the internet just to check your email?
>try to install Ubuntu on a separate SSD like I've done on all my old machines
>create the USB and burn the Iso to it using the tool
>change boot options to UEFI+Legacy to support the stick
>change boot priority to the stick
>of course it doesn't fucking boot
>F11 to the boot manager, it recognizes the stick but it just won't boot it
>finally for some reason it goes to Pic related and freezes
>decide not to bother with a meme operating system. At least with Windows you can get a Pajeet on the phone
>plus Linus is a tranny

Fuck Linux, just stick with Windows.

Attached: IMG_20190223_170650.jpg (4160x3120, 1.8M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eAPnLwRdrYE
askubuntu.com/questions/136070/is-it-possible-to-completely-disable-grub-timeout
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dumbass

Attached: 1516558434005.png (394x450, 17K)

Just use Windows then you brainlet.

>booting
Guys does this mean kicking something with your boot to make it start, or does it mean putting on boots before you go outside?

You're telling me I can get an obscure distro like void to boot but you can't is tall the most mainstream Linux distro? I've been using Windows my whole life and only started using Linux recently and it's mostly simple.

Also: sage

you may skip the burning part, thats something you shouldn't do. burnt USB doesn't boot well.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

windows
>install takes 1 hour
>spend 1 hour to complete the task
linux
>install takes 1 hour
>spend 10 more hours troubleshooting, browsing obscure forums to make things as trivial as drivers to work
>start working your task to realise linux equavilent software is garbage
>waste 5 more hours trying to do anything but you can't
>install windows in a vm
>2 more hours and task is complete
>claim superiority over windows users

yo user I've had a similar problem. What SSD type is it? It might be an AHCI vs RAID sort of deal.

Learn to code.

Attached: 1541410127501.png (1280x720, 719K)

Now I fixed the problem with the USB stick and it's giving me this when I try to install on the blank SSD

Attached: IMG_20190223_172403.jpg (4160x3120, 2.75M)

>plus Linus is a tranny
Wrong Linus.

Attached: Linus_Sebastian_Screenshot_From_Youtube_August_5_2013.png (620x719, 564K)

every distro i've installed took less than 15 minutes lul
as for the rest of your post, stop being stupid
just give up nigger, and stop shitting up the board while you're at it too

Attached: K4c69Yp.jpg (279x304, 29K)

>can't install fucking ubuntu
op are you alright? A fucking 7 year old could install ubuntu.

Attached: question_dog.jpg (600x535, 37K)

But these same issues happen with Windows too,

It's a Samsung SSD, but I had to reformat the USB to exfat from NTSF to get it to boot.

the troubleshooting part is fairly accurate though

Attached: serveimage.png (716x250, 62K)

what ? i've run the debian installer on at least 15 different computers and everything worked out of the box on the DE's listed in the installer
stop spreading FUD, it's not 1996 anymore

Kek

youtube.com/watch?v=eAPnLwRdrYE

I am in the same position. Windows 10 on my computer occasionally gives me BSOD and the occasional headache (a few times throughout the year). I just installed Ubuntu and have been using it for the past week. First my USB headset wasn't recognized and in this one week that I've been using it I have had to reconfigure it 3 times, and get under my desk to connect the headset to a different USB port. My $150 mechanical keyboard spazs out, and it types random shit on my computer so I am having to use a $5 membrane keyboard.

Otherwise it is pretty nice but my boot times are shit. It goes from the motherboard logo to a black screen, then the GRUB menu, and then to a black screen, then purple and during this time it might flash and distort the Ubuntu logo. Finally it logs me in.

you should take his advice, OP
since you seem to be a bit less of a retard, here's how you remove the grub timeout :
askubuntu.com/questions/136070/is-it-possible-to-completely-disable-grub-timeout

Imagine being so retarded as to not even be able to create partitions and assign mountpoints to them.

Attached: 1529992496265.png (1280x720, 602K)

>iso9660_Toilet

Attached: 1544143334890874108.jpg (197x275, 22K)

>nu/g/ can't even install the most normie distro made for literal retards

Congratulations

If you can't solve this problem by yourself you might as well not be on Jow Forums.

imagine being such a retard you can't even click "automatic partitioning" and next 3 times
this, why are you here faggot OP, a technology board is for the technology literate

>every distro i've installed took less than 15 minutes lul
This desu. Gentoo took about a day the first time but that's an exception.

Give me some credit you fucking ni/g/gers, I'm back in Windows using disk part to format it to NTFS. I'm pretty sure it got corrupted and had no usable partitions.

There's 4 fucking partitions right in that photo you absolute Mongoloid

>iToddler can't even figure out Ubuntu and false flags as a Windows user
iToddlers BTFO

Attached: satania2.gif (540x304, 1.86M)

If you're going to use insults you should be aware of the fact that those partitions are of drives that are not the drive I am installing the OS onto.

nvm i figured it out

I refuse to believe anyone on this board can be this fucking stupid. Fuck off back to /v/.

then why the fuck did you select that disk and take that picture you abortion of a horsefucker

jajajajjajja

Why are you so mad?

>selects sdb
>bootloader installation to sdc
>takes a picture of sdd
>I swear I'm not a retard guys

Alright faggit I admit it I didn't really know what I was doing. Fuck off anyway.

Then fuck off back to /v/ and ask your mommy to buy you an iPad, you're too retarded to handle anything else. Jow Forums is not your personal fucking tech support.

Short for bootstrapping
To pull yourself up by your bootstraps

I will not fuck off. And I didn't ask for tech support you fat crusty faggot, I simply came here to shit on Linux v windows.

No one cares iToddler

You fucked something up.

>ooboontah
No.

Quit imitating me asshole. I said I figured it out.

Attached: notsogoodatcomputer.jpg (800x600, 88K)

>At least with Windows you can get a Pajeet on the phone
Help me pls indian Microsoft employee I'm too stoopid to do a search

What op is telling you is:
1) Fishing is easy.
2) Hardware support as compared to windows is still massively lacking in linux distributions, and varies massively depending on distribution and distribution build. Simply put, the "just works" "user friendly" "most supported" linux distribution called Ubuntu is a buggy unreliable cluster of bloated autism and spyware. It's also ugly, comes with subpar (aka shit) software, and its theoretically gay. Theoretically because its a virgin like you.

my gf meariiiii cuteeeeee

Attached: mpv-shot0696.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

OP again, I actually got the operating system installed, but I can't get online because the system doesn't recognize my USB wifi dongle. What a fucking joke, do people actually think this is an alternative to Windows or OSX?

yes but those people are neets. take my advice friend and just back to windows. I mean you use a computer to DO things. why else would you have one?

Retards itc

So when Ubuntu offered to do automatic partitioning for you, even though you know you are a dumbass who doesn't know how to do the most basic shit, you decided to do manual partitioning and come here to complain about it

Attached: don't cry.png (89x155, 12K)

It offered to partition and fuck up the drives that I didn't want Ubuntu on. I'm not a power user though, I will admit. It's just not worth the hassle.

Good, stay gone you insufferable fucking mongoloid. You utter fucking inbred buffoon. The quicker you fucking give up and leave the better.

Attached: peepo hammer.jpg (957x621, 55K)

imagine being so butthurt of your own stupidity you make a post on Jow Forums

Joke's on you I just deleted my W10 partition. I barely used it anyway and it was a maintenance burden

Linux is not for sissies. I shed a tear whenever I find out even Ubuntu won't let retards use it.

i use and mac OP
it just works

Attached: 1196645127218.png (384x384, 10K)

Good, don't need scum like you using it, or loving the CoC

do brainlets actually post on Jow Forumsnu linux?

Use rufus to create bootable USB, like anybody else.
Nigga, you literally just have to create a swap partition and a ext4 partition and assign "/" to it. Are you even trying? Read a guide ffs, you're embarrassing yourself.

windows
>install takes 1 hour
>most shit just werks
>except when you've got some shit old laptop, and that's a pretty common case, then you're hunting for old Vista-era drivers
>lol dealing with windows 10 updates
>why is this shit constantly hogging the disk
>fuck me

linux
>install takes 20 minutes
>most shit just werks
>unfortunately, that's only just a "most"
>in fact, you usually can't fix it if it doesn't since there's no drivers
>but when it works, it just works
>no photoshop though

coming from someone who uses a macbook air for school, the illusion only lasts as long as you dont do anything but light web browsing. 1200$ for 1.6 ghz dual core and integrated graphics lol no thanks.

Attached: 1548660584489.gif (406x202, 3.42M)

You know GNU/Linux is bad when an intelligent individual like OP can't get ubuntu to run.
May as well face it, guys.

fucking top kek

good lord how horrifying, where is this from

We're not gonna help you so fuck off and go to /sqt/ or sth

Fixing old laptop since yesterday
> Windows is fucked up so backup, format and reinstall
> Spend 1 hour searching and installing drivers
> Spend 2 hours installing basic programs
> Spend 36 hours updating OS and office suite
> Windows uses 1.2gb of ram on startup
> Windows update prevents laptop from doing anything anytime updates are available.
> Literally anything runs like shit and opening any program fills up RAM
> Install Xubuntu in 30 mins (including creating bootable pen drive)
> Update in 5 minutes
> All basic programs installed out of the box
> Spend 10 minutes setting up a toolbar and auto-mounting NTFS partition
> Xubuntu boots way faster and feels more responsible despite of ext4 partition being at the end of the drive.