Does your free os have its own building?

Does your free os have its own building?

Attached: Red-Hat-Tower-Night-min.jpg (3000x2000, 988K)

Other urls found in this thread:

community.redhat.com/software/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>dude pizza hut lmao

>Empty
Lul. Typical.

Redhat is not free as in free beer.

>cubicles
based red hat

Why should they?

lol

I never pay for my windows, so I guess.

But user it is.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-23 Linux for Developers.png (1833x1006, 183K)

Costs money for businesses though, for licensing.

Plus IBM is backing them now

then what do you pay when you pay for redhat?
the tech support?

Yes, also knowledge base and repo access

You pay with your freedom

You can't take what's not exist.

Linux is slowly becoming corporate, many distros will flourish with this system.

>then what do you pay when you pay for redhat?
>the tech support?
Yes.
Many corporations, including the government and its contractors, are only allowed to use software that has active support.
CentOS is literally Red Hat. It's GPL licensed so they can distribute a free copy with no strings attached for the consumer, but you have no support.

Red Hat exists solely because of stupid government regulations and corporate bureaucratic rules.
Keep that in mind. You could start a company that does nothing except offer support for popular free/open source tools and become a multi-billion dollar tech giant.

This is free license for "development purposes", that also includes pic related.
If you want the desktop use license you have to pay it, that includes customer support from RedHat which is not the same as the knowledgebase

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-23 Red Hat Enterprise Linux Overview.png (975x221, 44K)

Read -> If you want to use Debian, CentOS, even Arch, etc. you have to pay to any company that offers support anyways, unless you work for a clandestine business.

If you sign up with a free account you get full access to their documentation

documentation isn't customer support

Attached: DobxZpUUcAMbVmZ.jpg (1200x1800, 274K)

That's actually kinda cool.

Then why are nobody here running it?

And they don't even actually own it

Various reasons:

1- You'll be entering a closed enviroment, that means you can get support and software only from RedHat.
2- Is a distro intended to production, so it doesn't offer the latest package versions and software for desktop use.
3- There is a desktop oriented, community supported, free and cutting edge version of RHEL, it's called Fedora.
4- There is a build from RedHat sources version of RHEL called CentOS.

So there is no reason to use it unless you're will be working with RedHat's software or testing for future production implementations.

Attached: sMBnuqU.jpg (4380x6570, 1.74M)

Thanks for info.

Can you post some more cute asians?

Attached: 1522177416156.png (279x232, 12K)

Jow Forumskpics
welcome

Jow Forums btfo

Canonical has a floor in some building in London, and several offices around the world.

This is true but i kinda like it!

Redhat is transforming wasteful idiot bureaucrat money into quality FOSS software.
RedHat is a powerhouse in the the Linux enterprise world thanks to this.
As always the US citizens pay for the development of the world.

The list of software directly created by or contributed by redhat is quite impressive!
community.redhat.com/software/

>Does your free os have its own building?
They are moving into the IBM building real soon now.

>checked every window to see
I like your style. I wouldn't talk to you in public, but I like your autism.