In 2050 you will still need Microsoft Office for your job or school

>in 2050 you will still need Microsoft Office for your job or school

How does this make you feel?

Attached: Satya-Nadella.png (600x400, 295K)

Well, what alternatives would you suggest for normies?

I don't need it right now, so that's a quite frightening idea.

>living past 30
why tf would i want to do that?

i already don't, bitch

>user is born literally this second
wtf?

I do not need MS office right now. My job uses Google shit, and my home uses Libre Office.

If current course holds, by 2050 they will have made it completely unusable and everyone already migrated to LibreOffice, which will only reach unusability-parity in 2060, by which time everyone switches to... I guess Calligra.

uhhh... I have been using \LaTeX for years now

I haven't touched msoffice in like 4 years.

i'll already be retired in 2050.

LibreOffice

How does it make me feel your are 100% dead wrong? Feels good man, Mr. Rajeet Basak.

10 rupees have been deposited to your Windows live acount.

google docs :^)

cuck

What job?

I just write open source in my basement :^)

I don't require money to do it.

Attached: 1kdaht.jpg (1000x1000, 83K)

That's a lot of time us8ng poo.

MS Office is going the way of Lotus 1 2 3. Why bother paying when there's software like Libre Office? You can also pay less to access to very versatile and sharing platforms like Google's G Suite. Enterprise is having less and less reasons to stick with Microsoft for many thing. Soon enough we'll potentially see Linux replace the desktop OS once the ecosystem matures a bit more in the enterprise end user space, and that will probably be headed by some other big tech company, like Google.

Attached: twaddle.jpg (640x480, 137K)

in 2050 microsoft office is a literal office. Microsoft has determined the optimal solution for extracting the maximum theoretically possible amount of productivity from workers. The microsoft office resembles a coffin like pod which can be stacked or is wall mounted. Once the worker jacks in they enter a virtual productivity suite which can be configured for any job. From debugging production warehouse issues to sales the high bandwidth fiberlink lets them do everything. All the worker's needs are taken care of discreetly and automatically using the microsoft office's biological management system. FDA approved for worker shifts as long as 2 months!

>Why bother paying when there's software like Libre Office?
Because LibreOffice is shit. That's like saying why bother paying for a house when you can live in your car.

I don't care. I don't have to pay for it.

Way to back up your claim. How is it "shit?" It couldn't be used in place of MS Office to at least 90%+ positive use case by end users?

Does Libreoffice fuck up formatting still?

LibreOffice
OpenOffice
MS-Office online
Calligra

Most of them don't have even 50% of the things MS-Office has. Yet 99.99% of users use no more than 10% of everything their office software is capable of.
I personally have no problem living with LibreOffice. Compatibility is good enough to not cause problems, easy to use, free, not bloated. The only issue is that it's written in Java and used to be unstable shit.

Long story short: It's your problem that you are using MS-Office to do your monkey school projects. It literally costs more than the fuckin OS it's made for.

good
alternatives like libreoffice still need a billion year to catch on

I can't remember a time I ever needed MS Office.
I switched to Linux even before university and started using Open and later Libre Office.
I learned LaTeX at university, and pretty much dropped Office programs altogether.
Now I have a job and use S1000D to create and manage technical documentation. The only downside is a lack of free software for S1000D currently, but I've been steadily building my own.

>I don't have to pay for it.
Yes you do (unless you don't pay taxes). You're paying for Office licenses used at public institutions.

>Pirating office enterprise edition
Heh , nothing personal kiddo

It's awful software and sickening to use, I'd rather be forced to use Google Suite.

Wps office

>2000+x
>he still needs aby MS software for his job
secretary/.net monkey detected

I use libreoffice with the ods extension. Fuck the teachers, I did my homework, it's their problem to open it.

LaTeX

the world literally run on Excel

It makes you feel LaTeX, that's nice.

By 2050 Microsoft will change their name to
Pajeet Singh's dads Garage operating system

Jokes on you, I’ll be dead

Normies move towards BotnetDocs instead of LibreOffice.

Either way -- plaintext, markdown, LaTeX with a good editor(that is emacs or vim) are superior to any "word processor", especially in terms of usability.

I’ve been using free office alternatives 15 years ago. Office will always be used, but now it’s almost never Microsoft anymore

>in 2050 you will still need Windows for your pc
How does it make you feel?

Like I've spent £2,500

Attached: 365.png (1004x550, 28K)

>subscription

dude what

I actually have Office 2019 through the Home Use Program. I got a full licence for £13. It was cheaper for me to split the subscription with other people though than it was to pay for 1TB of Google Drive storage. So now I get Office 365, 1TB of OneDrive and pay a 5th of that myself each year.

What do you use it for that absolutely cannot be done with something that costs literally nothing?

Exchange email (of which I do not have a choice)
Bloomberg add-ins for Excel

Aside from that I just prefer it. I am not someone who is averse to using free software but I'm also not averse to paying for it if I find it makes my life easier.

I'll be one year away from retirement so I wouldn't give two shits.