Just installed openbsd and it's slow as shit lmao

just installed openbsd and it's slow as shit lmao
firefox literally crashes when i try to go to a web page this is honestly so bad

i am giving this OS 0/10 and a downvote straight from my reddit gold account -REP

Attached: 1200px-OpenBSD_Logo_-_Cartoon_Puffy_with_textual_logo_below.svg.png (1200x781, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/gjournal-desktop/article.html
freebsd.org/doc/handbook/geom-gjournal.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>actually buying into the openBSD meme

.t cia

"sir. we were unable to hack his CP collection because his os does not work."

it doesn't work only if you're a retarded niggermonkey

interesting you chose to refute only that part

read: you need to be a professional reddit gold bug fixer to make this broken os work at a basic level
hahaha nah w10 just werks

Your Firefox not Working has something to do with the way open BSD allocates memory.
It can be fixed

I'm trying to make freeBSD work. The problem is the shitty WiFi I'm provided and that i3 doesn't start when I type startX, even after adding it to this xinit file. It gives me some more error that I just can't fix. Other than that and with xfce4 it's working all right.

So many good ideas died, because of the complete lack of compatibility with so much hardware out there.

BSD is only for contrarians who want to feel cool and hip for using a Unix-like OS that isn't Gahnoo/Linux, there is no real reason to use it on a desktop.

Recent xorg releases dropped the setuid bit for startx due to security issues. You should investigate using a display manager to start X (OpenBSD uses xenodm).

not into little kids but to each their own. i don't judge.
and you need to stop sucking dick.

If you're not checking hardware compatibility before you install it that's on you. OpenBSD is a research project first and a desktop operating system second. They don't have the resources to write drivers for every esoteric piece of hardware.

>SSP kills your buggy web browser instead of letting it take over your system
>>this OS sucks!
This is why Linux has dogshit security.

Security hardly matters for gayman desktawp you guys use, go LARP in your containment board.

Display managers are bloat

I would use OpenBSD if they had support for my SUPER ESOTERIC ath9k wifi card.

Attached: 1385996003072.jpg (400x283, 25K)

Anything written in C has dogshit security. Linux at least doesn't pretend to be secure, unlike BSD.

this shitty os use only nerds and mentally ill faggots

Enjoy getting fucked by setuid exploits.

Been using OpenBSD as a desktop OS on my X200 for several months now, no issues. But I'm running an almost entirely suckless install, so that might have something to do with it.

What a waste of time. If a web browser doesn't work out of the box, nothing will.

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read. Is a bloated, resource-raping browser's ability to run smoothly on a system actually your benchmark for how good that system is?

>openbsd
>still using firefox
>trying to use an obscure os while staying with normie browser
welcome to bizarro world

this OS is about security over everything else. of course everything is going to run worse, it runs decent on old hardware but that's it. your post is obviously bait but there are people in this thread who think the exact way you typed. also you need to do a bit of configuration if you want to run big and bloated applications like firefox which is something these idiots in the thread don't understand

startx works fine on freebsd 12.0.

chromeos doesn't have this problem

>it's either setuid or display manager
Brainlet

On every system I installed openbsd on, chromium just works. Straight into youtube, sound works too. Which is kind of amazing.
Firefox is notably bad on anything than Windows, unfortunately.

Attached: 1530617429246.png (1920x1080, 1.58M)

>falling for the bsd cucks

Attached: km.jpg (200x211, 10K)

This is an anti white OS with an anti white logo.

Theo is white as fuck.

OpenBSD runs fine on my Acer Kabylake meme laptop.

extremely low quality bait

Attached: FB_IMG_1550795638788.jpg (164x269, 13K)

Tell that to the fish lips bitch. This is a racist anti white OS

>OpenBSD Project Goals
Be as politics-free as possible; solutions should be decided on the basis of technical merit.

heartly kek

I also fell for the meme.
All the bad things you hear are true.

>be me
>install OpenBSD
>wifi didn't work
>sound didn't work
>battery lasted literally 30 minutes
yeah, fuck that

Attached: 1548549778171.jpg (597x592, 46K)

>He couldn't use ifconfig or even wpa supplicant
>He doesn't know how to configure mixerctl
>He didn't enable apmd -A

Yeah. It's always pebkac. Fuck the users!

Fuckin oath it's pebkac mate!

You’re lying. Just admit you were too dumb to even install it.

Attached: 2E872B38-C25D-4E8E-8D2E-19F910010A61.png (752x930, 1.42M)

Wait till you learn it doesn't support any journaling file systems, something the rest of the world switched to 20 years ago. That basically means it can't be used for anything more serious than muh-unixway circlejerking.

Anything running on an Intel CPU has dogshit security

>muh journal
explain this retard:
freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/gjournal-desktop/article.html
freebsd.org/doc/handbook/geom-gjournal.html

UFS is still perfectly usable as a modern filesystem

Good god that form is irresistible.

You can turn on journaling in the fstab file or at mount time.

afaik openbsd's implementation has no journaling but it has softupdates as an alternative

it doesn't even have kernel sanitizers