So who is winner?

So who is winner?

Attached: 0225022428431899.jpg (1720x545, 257K)

the chinks

Huawei by a large margin
Samsung phone looks like revived 90s prototype

It's too early for the "most retarded design of the year" award, user, give Apple some time.

Both suck, so who cares?

Huawei easily

These are pure marketing devices so it doesn't matter if the Mate X isn't practical. The only fuck up is Huawei didn't announce first.

Neither are out and we don't know how viable they are in the real world, so nobody yet.

Samsung since it's not Huawuei shit

Neither they are both going to lose money on this meme. There's no way there are enough people with two grand to blow on a foldable tablet for them to do more than recoup r&D costs. Even Apple sheep have stopped when the price was elevated over a thousand and this is twice that. Just give me a larger 16:9 phone like my Mi Mix 1 (which is actually only 17:9) and I have enough screen real estate for my textbooks. Doesn't anyone think it'd end up annoying to flip it open after awhile?

koreans are SEETHING

Attached: 1551009314778.png (650x243, 23K)

These aren't meant for mass sales. They're for brand recognition. It's advertising.

Huawei by a mile.

Has a company ever been BTFO as quickly as Samsung just did?

flexpai

not the consumer, that for sure

I wish out of the dust kicked up by those others fighting, Japan would suddenly emerge with some ACTUALLY revolutionary design.

Attached: 145546878454.jpg (634x457, 52K)

>tfw China is surpassing Japan/Korea/America in technology

How did we let this happen?

japs in consumer tech are finished

Sharp and JDI didn't bet on OLED and are way behind. Also they refused to collaborate.

Huawei wins on the overall look of the device in the folded mode. However it's already been shown to have a godawful crease in the middle when unfolded. If both have a crease on the final design, Huawei wins. If Fold has no crease and Mate X's terrible crease remains in the final design, Samsung wins.

Also, a satisfying fold/unfold motion is going to be very important. Fold seems to have a spring mechanism that snaps it closed, while Mate X looks like you have to manually bend the hinge all the way. Seems like an unimportant detail, but just try to remember how satisfying it was to flip a Motorola Razr or whichever flip phone you had back in the early '00s.

Sony has the best TVs right now.

Attached: 2018 shootout.png (1363x1237, 189K)

enormous bezels on secondary display and corner notch are horrible on samsung
also no headphone jack, why even bother.

For quite a long time Samsung and LG's entire business model was "fuck japan", now chinese companies are coming along with "fuck korea"

Japan seems to be settling into being mostly high end stuff, Korea is the midrange, and china is the new entry level garbage. To put it into broad terms.

The Samsung fold looks like a tablet first and a phone second. I don't get why the folded phone has such large bezel. Hauhweis is much more expensive though.

>Build quality
Samsung
>Specs
Samsung
>Folded design
Huawei
>Unfolded design
Huawei
>Status symbol
Huawei due to higher price and a modern design
Huawei wins because specs aren't really that important (wow I just opened Facebook 0.01 seconds faster!). Samsung Fold already looks like an outdated phone because of the Mate X

Not really, by announcing it later they burned Samsung with "other foldable phone" comparisons

Huawei and it isn't even close.
Why the actual fuck did samsung think they could get away with that pitiful excuse for a front screen? It looks like utter garbage and paints the product as an incomplete mess.

xiaomi

>neither of them have a headphone jack

Attached: hero.png (500x490, 184K)

This

Both have a crease, the technology they use is the same. The reason you don't see it on the Fold is because Samsung didn't show the phone outside of the studio and have a conveniently dark wallpaper hiding the screen coupled with camera angles on the dead center

THIS WHAT IS THAT FRONT SCREEN. THE MORE I LOOK THE MORE RETARDED.

Me for being sensible enough to have an iPhone Xs.
Out of the two the chink one looks magnitudes better than the Korean one.

>Samsung
>screen turns on only when unfolded
>nice mechanism
>I bet it does that satisfying click when unfolding
>Huawei
>looks like a cheap "le epic phone of da future" concept or some #bendgate screwed iPad
>no clicky mechanism
>screen is on when folding
>fucking disgusting

Attached: IMG_20190225_012345.jpg (1280x591, 64K)

Huawei because Samsung chose a retarded aspect ratio. Any app that isn't specifically designed for the Galaxy Fold is going to be fucked up on it and it's too narrow to use like a mini-laptop with a full screen keyboard on one half and content on the other, which would otherwise be the best thing about it.

>>Doesn't know how AMOLED fuctions

The Samsung Fold is a portable tablet
The Huawei Mate X is a big smartphone that can become even bigger

Yeah, but the poorfags of Jow Forums won't buy them when they can get a chinese TV that's """""""""""""just as good"""""""""""" for a quarter of the price.

Both are shit.
Samsung's design is more practical when closed.
At least it wont get scratched in pocket as easily.

You didn't get my point. It doesn't matter if it's AMOLED, or something else.
The thing is that having your screen on when folding may look cool for a proof-of-concept device, but for an actual device it is quite yucky.
There is more for that though. You basically have a phone with two sides as screens and the bezel is a screen too. You touch the touchscreen area on the back. You lay your phone on the desk with a screen at the bottom, because both sides are screens, so tons of scratches are inevitable. And so on, and so on. Again, just pig disgusting.
Galaxy Fold has these problems audited and fixed. And it also has a better hardware, nice clicky feel, and, suddenly, much lower price.
Foldable trend is hell of a gimmick, but countered with choice between these two, I would wholeheartedly choose Fold as the less gimmicky one.

Samsung one is real thing and available for purchase
Huawei is le epic prototype meme that would never go beyond their dreams

>steal your r/d and technology from you
>pay your works 1/100 of everyone else.

HOW DID WE LET THIS HAPPEN.

Whawei clearly,
their model actually looks like a functional version of this meme, rather than some half-assed attempt like samsungs. Also Sumsung has an ugly notch whereas whawei is all screen real-estate.

>Both have a crease
Citation needed.
Also, while they both use foldable AMOLED, they fold in the opposite directions. In Mate's case, the crease is convex and there is nothing to straighten it by pushing it in. Fold's hypothetical crease would be concave and therefore it would be pushed flat by the structure of the phone itself behind the screen.

Attached: mate x.png (604x514, 333K)

Attached: 1551038000458.gif (320x280, 1.27M)

The phone is not fully opened on that gif, you can see that the bottom bezel doesn't make a straight line and reflections go from one half of the screen to the other as if they were positioned at an angle.
And even so, a straight line visible only when a bright light shines at the screen is a bit different than picrel, isn't it?

also this is the early adopter phase. In a couple years everyone is going to be using this tech. Production costs will be lower and by then they will figure out how to get rid of the creases.

my thoughts exactly. who is this product even aimed at?

inb4 Apple polishes the tech, makes it work with iOS, and everyone says it's revolutionary and Apple invented folding devices

oh wait jobs is dead and that doesn't happen anymore

If Apple (Samsung display) can curve the screen like pic related, why don't they implement that to make the crease less obvious?

Attached: file.png (1080x540, 250K)

>oh wait jobs is dead and that doesn't happen anymore
please don't remind me

Attached: f3Gr1Ac.png (1102x967, 501K)

Primarily early adopters who splurge on cutting edge tech and who have disposable income.
That said, if you were to like, spend on a $750 phone (10e) and $430 on a tablet (midrange iPad), then getting the fold instead carries a $800 premium which is certainly high but less insane then thinking of it in isolation. If you were to be getting better versions of either the premium will go away fairly quickly.
I think the use case of being able to fit a tablet sized screen comfortably in your pocket is pretty neat if you tend to do things where the screen size would be beneficial (play games, watch netflix, etc), but for many its going to be pretty unnecessary.

Well, one of them is literally codenamed "Winner".
Excuse me user, please explain what do you mean because I don't see how a permanently folded part of a normal smartphone screen could help eliminate creases in folding phones.

Attached: winner.png (678x763, 478K)

thank you for that well thought out answer. that does make sense then.

I prefer the screen being on the inside, but the tech isn't there yet. Since the screen is not flexible, the geometry of unfolding the display will create a crease. It's more obvious on the Huawei since the fold radius is larger.
They need either a stretchable outer layer, or a sliding mechanism that will accommodate the extra display in unfolded mode.

Me for not buying any of that shit and sticking with my Galaxy S7 for another couple years

Attached: 1535602756643.jpg (320x317, 18K)

I need to see how the "outwards folding" screen looks like after few months in a pocket before I'm ready to pass the judgement here

Attached: 136035278899.png (700x714, 579K)

I prefer the Huawei because it doesn't have the big notch and completely unnecessarily display on the other side of the phone.

90% of phones today have a display that is outward facing. Unless you have some strange clamshell case.

desu I'm not really sure why people are so focused on the creases. Both have them, to what extent remains to be seen however.
Inward vs outward fold is kinda relevant but literally just buy a screen protector and the problem is solved.
The biggest fucking difference tho is the pitifully small front screen on the fold vs the big dick huge display on the mate. Like holy shit the fold's front bezels makes it look like a toy.

The Chinese one has worse creases because it has a worse build since it's cheap Chinese shit

a lot of the phones today come with a protective foil/glass inside of the box already, on top of the screen being made from a very hard glass and not plastic
especially the the bent edge part worries me, edges tend to wear out faster

google pixel fold

Unless they have flexible materials (which they don't because that would result in stretched pixels), it stands to reason that the inward fold is less likely to product a bulge. On the other hand, it has a sharper crease more likely to fail.

Attached: bothshit.png (1276x628, 19K)

>dem 'jus smoothin out the creases' thumbprints
you'd think the chinks would have at least erased his fingerprints first

Sony has always had good tv's.
Sony is also one of the few who give z fuck about input lag.

But they are shit on thé "smart" part of the tv and thé price is high so normies ignore Sony.

>Not using Bluetooth headphones
Not even memeing here, using them since the psp go launch, can't go back to cables

>.gif
Begone subhuman

That's the touchscreen digitizer crystal, not the display you double moron

There, I made a way for the Samsung phone to have a bigger outer screen.
I'll be waiting for the internship

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 4.37.58 PM.png (512x478, 20K)

There are plenty of flexible screen protectors on the market. I don't see why you couldn't use one of those or that they wouldn't have something like that on by default. Just because it isn't orangutang glass doesn't mean it will scratch from pocket lint.

They use involute movement mechanism that maintains it's size when folded and unfolded.

Sorry, literally pulled that from the /spg/ thread because I couldn't bother looking it up

You forget there is a small 3rd piece in the middle.

Attached: phones.png (971x544, 7K)

>Samsung phone looks like revived 90s prototype
I agree, but in a nice way.

Huawei will be the winner with all the normies.

How would anyone have that without looking like a complete retard in public? Why would you want to have that? What a load of crap.

It doesn't have a dead center.
It's just slightly different from the rest of the screen, I think because there is some empty space behind it what will show through a bit.

It is for internet browsing and productivity. Large screens when folded out means you could use it for programing, sys admin related things. But it will probably be most popular with the business types that get their phones and tablets provided by work. This replaces two devices with one.

Looks less retarded than a tablet.

>you could use it for programing, sys admin related things.

No you can't, don't be silly.
It's for Facebook and Instagram, not for anything serious.

inward fold > outward fold
still meme devices tho

Only a normie wouldn't realize that a phone is just a general computing device capable of anything a computer is.

Attached: nothingpersonalkid.png (1911x799, 1.08M)

>no you can't log in remotely and press a few buttons or edit config texts

wewlad

Attached: liberal power.jpg (638x1000, 61K)

I seriously hope it won't become mainstream.

Yes, I to cannot reach the grapes and thus wish that non should taste them!

>17mm thick when folded
>massive bezels on the smaller display
>disgusting notch on the large one

Attached: P04180.jpg (3413x1920, 1.42M)

when i said i wanted flip phones back this is not what i meant

You could do the same on a Nokia feature phone.

this

Attached: 1374529709126.jpg (600x557, 50K)

Can you find me a pair of bluetooth headphones that will work for 12 hours continuously without needing a charge?

THE FUCKING ASPECT RATIO WHEN THEY'RE UNFOLDED
LMFAO

April 24 vs Summer?
$1980 vs $2605

design wise what is better a notch or a sidepanel/bar

Attached: Samsung-Galaxy-Fold-vs-Huawei-Mate-X-the-Big-Battle-of-Foldable-Phones[1].jpg (940x627, 84K)

Sony makes a bunch with pretty impressive battery life. I have the MDR-XB950N1 and they claim 22 hours for them, I've never gotten close to that but I've had them on for at least 10-11 hours at a time (on international flights) and they still showed around half battery when I was done, even when using them in with bluetooth and noise cancelling on. They're not the greatest-sounding headphones on Earth but my priorities were battery life, effective noise cancelling, and price, and they delivered on those points.

Attached: mdr-xb950n1-controls-large.jpg (3840x2160, 2.89M)

here's 30hrs senpai

Attached: 8117Z6zWB8L._SX425_[1].jpg (425x510, 12K)

Yeah wow so comfortable. Why not telnet using a rotary and farts?

Why not use a laptop?

This is a toy, not a tool for programmers.

>17mm thick when folded
jesus christ my laptop is thinner than that

>$600 more for the chinkshit version

The tables have turned but Samsung still wins

Side bar is better because it lets you only have one set of cameras and eliminate the "notification screen".

just samsung dex with a monitor

>we're living in a timeline where Chinks makes better phones than Koreans