How do I get out of this bottleneck

I bought an old Asus M32 series with an A86500 that seems to be bottlenecking my 1050ti and 16gb ddr3 @ 1866mhz. What is a FM2+ socket CPU that can actually game, i know their old and no longer produced. Canadian BTW

Attached: a8-6500-a__46860.1516780362.500.750.jpg (500x465, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4RE7XC5743
aliexpress.com/af/lga-1155-motherboard.html?SearchText=lga 1155 motherboard&d=y&initiative_id=SB_20190224214342&origin=n&catId=0&isViewCP=y&jump=afs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>FM2+
time to move on, grandpa.

I have heard that the athlon x4 845k has the highest ipc count of the FM2+ cpus. When I had the athlon x4 860k paired with a rx 460 2GB and I was able to play older games at 1080p and some newer titles at 720P for higher framerate but That was about 7 months ago so I can't remember to much.

Athlon X4 860K, or any quad-core Kaveri/Godavari APU if you can't find it. Also overclock the NB, all of them can do 2000 MHz

>845k
It's not unlocked though. It's also a rebadged mobile chip, buy only if don't plan to overclock (it falls behind overclocked Kaveri/godavari)

So it turns out an athalon is the best i can do without a new mobo and psu. Might grab a X4 860k or 845k. Also grabbing a hyper 212. Will this balance out my system

Yes

bump. Should I OC my athalon when it comes, 400w PSU

thank you man, my ASUS mobo is fine just need an upgrade for the time being

You must. Does your mobo allow overclocking?

Yes it does, surprisingly modern mobo for 2012. Hoping the hyper 212 should give me enough thermal margin to OC a bit on the Athalon

bump, currently on Gskill 1866mhz DDR3 so id rather not upgrade my mobo. Is a hyper 212 enough to overclock an athalon

It's a "your mileage may vary" situation. What other fans do you have on your case? Do you get good airflow? Is your computer near a heater?

Sure, you can overclock any chip on any cooler. The only question is: how much?

It will take experimentation and some messing around to find out what's faster than stock but stable on your cooler.

I was in the same bottleneck and i honestly just ended up with a full new build. It wasn't worth it trying to maintain the years-old parts.

I sold my GPU and kept the rest for a home server/NAS and then loaded it up with hard drives, so now I have nice network storage that I can put movies or photos or whatever on.

Probably. Also consider Keep it below 70C if you want it to last.

I have great airlfow, my A86500 is on 50-60c max. I shall look up what margins I should OC to.
My local PC shop suggested a new MOBO and ryhzen CPU, however those alone are worth more than my current PC. May sell them and grab a 700-900 PC off newegg. Thoughts?

What specs? Though even a Ryzen 3 would be an upgrade for you

Yeah honestly I wouldn't listen to your local PC shop. Try to do most of the research yourself. They'll always try to upsell you on more expensive parts, needless upgrades, etc. You can always come to Jow Forums for honest advice, cuz no one here is trying to sell you anything.

A prebuilt isn't the worst option. I bought a gaming laptop after decommissioning my old gaming desktop. It just made more financial sense - my desktop build would've cost $1400, and my laptop was only $1100.

So yeah, a $700-900 prebuilt would probably be a great upgrade over your current PC, plus you could swap out parts and upgrade stuff later.

Thanks for the advice man, might just go upgrade to rhyzen socket and buy some DDR4. I can play older games but current ones struggle. I know my 1050ti is fine for medium settings so my bottleneck is def mobo/cpu

Also Im gonna try PC builder and see what I can get for 700-800. I can throw my zotac 1050ti in there as its all i need GPU wise

bump

Are you retarded? Why would you buy into FM2+ in the year 2019?

Because he is probably poor. If he had money he would obviously go with a ryzen build.

Attached: 1549152684782.jpg (816x979, 118K)

kys

Because it's a cheap and meaningful upgrade and his GPU isn't high-end. Only consumerist niggers throw away perfectly good hardware for muh 30000 FPS

Dont have enough for a new mobo, ddr4 and a current gen cpu. rather get an athalon and game at a modest 30-60fps

There are WAY better cheap used CPUs.

Chuck it all in the bin then buy a used Zen 1700 or better with mobo and decent 3000+ ram and get a Vega 56

bump, such as, need 65w to not need a new psu

There aren't if you consider that any CPU upgrade will need a mobo change as well

It's Athlon, not "athalon"
It's Ryzen, not "rhyzen"

GODaveri is your best bet, save some used ~60-100 eBay purchase that would probably be on 2600k/8350 level, but might come with board/chip/ram.
If you can stretch the cost of am4 socket the upgrade would be huge for you. If not, the best purchase you can make is Athlon 845 or 860.

Fm2 cant game faggot sorry your cuck president taxes you to death

Attached: 1550320067053.gif (173x267, 2.51M)

I agree with the eBay suggestion as well. Don't be afraid to buy used parts - sure, sometimes you can get bad stuff, but eBay is pretty good about issuing refunds if you're sent broken shit. You can save lots of money building a rig from used parts.

>newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4RE7XC5743

is your best bet. It's benchmarked at 5000 range, which is on par with an Intel i5-2400 considered bare minimum for gaming nowadays. However, it only benches 700 points higher than your A8. You should upgrade socket if you can.

>amd cpu
>game
pick one

lga 1155 motherboard
i7 3770
and you have the ram
aliexpress.com/af/lga-1155-motherboard.html?SearchText=lga 1155 motherboard&d=y&initiative_id=SB_20190224214342&origin=n&catId=0&isViewCP=y&jump=afs