Windows 10 AME 1809

Windows 10 AME just released their 1898 version. They pretty much addressed everything mentioned here.

>inb4 pajeet botnet

ameliorated.info

Windows 10 AME aims at delivering a stable, non-intrusive yet fully functional build of Windows 10 to anyone, who requires the Windows operating system natively. Spyware systems, which are abundant in Windows 10 by default, have not been disabled using group policy, registry entries or various other workarounds – they have been entirely removed and deleted from the system, on an executable-level.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-24 23-59-34.png (933x558, 363K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/VincentXII/Longhorn
ameliorated.info/documentation.html
ameliorated.info/faq.html#method
winaero.com/blog/beware-windows-7-convenience-rollup-adds-telemetry/
ameliorated.info/faq.html
winehq.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why not just use linux and use wine when you need it

Attached: 1548056788661.jpg (640x853, 65K)

I use linux, but gaymes run better on windows desu

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-09-02 00-21-23.png (251x417, 168K)

thanks, OP! gonna try it next!

>not just debloating Windows 10
github.com/VincentXII/Longhorn

from their website:
>In conclusion, it appears to be extremely difficult to genuinely disable data collection, as proven to be monitorable in a controlled environment, where a constant uncertainty, subject to change by Microsoft's backdoor via Windows Update, plagues any methodology of mitigation, when making use of the built-in tools of Windows 10 such as the basic Privacy settings, gpedit modifications or registry edits. The only logical and unfortunately required method in this scenario, is the removal of the affected services from the system entirely, along with Windows Update.

Attached: Eldar_Warlock.jpg (666x1260, 235K)

Attached: cope.png (977x304, 249K)

Yeah it kind of sucks but developers should use vulkan anyway. There isn't really anything else I could find wrong with it. My Adobe apps work so I'm happy

Attached: pixiv_43112494_12_00000.jpg (662x900, 179K)

This is literally a fucking botnet
Either use Windows and accept that microsoft will be getting all your data or switch to linux
You're feeding your data to an unknown 3rd party by using this and I doubt they will limit their use of it to collecting and delivering ads

nothing you ever do will stop your proprietary shitware from spying on you. this is a placebo

It literally isn't. Look at wireshark logs.
Also they documented everything they do:

ameliorated.info/documentation.html

Attached: 201708_01_Detour2_m.jpg (1280x629, 185K)

it's still subpar experience, it's better do to clean win 10 installation and then remove every bloat yourself or just install gentoo

How does gentoo solve the DX12 problem?

Also see The only option if you want privacy is to remove everything like AME does

DXVK, not sure if you could build it for windows
t. not him

>from their website:

I can't find it on their website. Link?

It's not the same. I use linux too and have set up proton with steam. But the performance just isn't the same and stuff crashes and shit. I really want things to work on linux but they don't yet. I will keep tabs on it though but until then AME does what I need very well.

>it just werks

Attached: rocket_launch.gif (480x271, 338K)

ameliorated.info/faq.html#method

Attached: undefined.jpg (1286x964, 177K)

I might give it a try over LTSC next time.

>polishing a turd

This is retarded on multiple levels.
>satiate your paranoia by using a 3rd party custom distribution made by some randoms

>AME does not allow for the installation of critical security patches

see

That post came before mine, I already saw it. What was this supposed to do?
In no regard is this a sensible thing to do.

Thanks! This is outrageous, why isn't people up in arms about this?

because they are npcs

>No, the activation components are part of the spyware aparatus, and have been removed to the extent, that they don't send or collect personal data.
Holy fucking shit

I mean that you could build it yourself, and compare it.

>you can cripple the OS yourself
Oh boy.
At the cost of security, stability, GPU applications, and more, I can rest easy knowing that at least Microsoft isn't going to sniff my user data.

they ship the OS with the default user demoted from having admin rights and do a few other things for security, but I get what you are saying. To me personally it is worth it. I only use it for gaymes and adobe. It is also much stabler.

>no UWP
>no DX12
Why would anyone use this over 7? A clean SP1 ISO won't have the telemetry updates and it won't be a frankenOS held together by duct tape and 'maintainted' by autists that can't implement security updates.

Stop posting this shitty art.
I like this shitty hacked version of win10 also but fuck off shill.

>no UWP
How is this a bad thing kek

>using custom windows builds
>in fucking 2019
kys

>using normie tier windows
>any year
kys

>unsername
thank you, very cool

The point is, UWP and DX12 are the only thing W10 offers over 7. If AME doesn't have these, then why not use 7 instead of a half-broken 10?

winaero.com/blog/beware-windows-7-convenience-rollup-adds-telemetry/

>because windows 7 is also literally a botnet
>because windows 7 is old as fuck

windows 10 has a bunch of other features that are actually cool. (such as the fact that the OS can be plugged into any other computer, and it will just boot, like linux)

> UWP and DX12
Those are actually rather negative aspects of windows 10.

>hat can't implement security updates
>wants to use unpatched version of OS from 2010

wtf

>such as the fact that the OS can be plugged into any other computer, and it will just boot, like linux
This could be done since W2k. Just open device manager and use a generic IDE/SATA controller instead of a hardware-specific one. Done that countless times. I still have an XP install that I use to test old components and it's set up exactly this way

ameliorated.info/faq.html

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-25 01-29-47.png (747x34, 20K)

Everyone walks around with a GPS in their pocket that records everything they do and say, I doubt an OS on top of that is going to change things.

>convenience rollup
so don't install it? AME doesn't get security updates at all, so how is it different from a non-updated Win7?
>windows 10 has a bunch of other features that are actually cool
lol

>uses a hacked-together windows 10 made by literally who
>expects security
wtf

>two choices are between two shitty mega companies that don't respect their customer at all and have some of the worst anti-consumer practices ever
>"lol ur dum just install linux! So what if a bad driver can kill your entire OS and you spend half the time in a console typing and oh yeah so what if 75% of the programs you want to run don't even work!"

Attached: 1536711771172.jpg (400x396, 36K)

>such as the fact that the OS can be plugged into any other computer, and it will just boot, like linux

Buddy, I have been able to do this since Windows 95.

hello, Arisu

>yo we heard you like botnets so we put a botnet in your botnet OS so you can botnet while you botnet

Attached: 1483717119877.png (601x508, 127K)

lots of people were at one point a few years ago when the big bad was the NSA, once people realized all the companies they use shit from like facebook, twitter, msoft, google, apple, etc etc are all doing the same thing except worse they all got tired and just accepted it

Wow, thanks OP, I was just looking for a cryptominer

It's been well established that one doesn't install the "rollup" updates for some time.

you are a retard OP, just use Windows LGTB and enjoy a clean system without bloat.

pajeet botnet

stop shilling your shitty hacked iso

>such as the fact that the OS can be plugged into any other computer, and it will just boot
Lol

Microsoft still recommends to reinstall windows if you change your motherboard or cpu.

this

We are firmly out of the TinyXP era, OP, since secrets and CPU time sell better than ever. How many rootkits does this contain?

Yeah the win dlls work on...windows.

sir please be doing the needful and delete this comment promptly sir

thank you

-Vishnor Dishaba

So this is the windows i will use when in the future i buy hardware which doesnt offer windows 7 drivers at all?

Interesting. But maybe i will finally master the GPU passthrough in VM by then.

Attached: downloadfile-1.jpg (1800x700, 674K)

Wine is pretty decent now, and DXVK is nothing short of fucking magic. (DXUP will help here, also.)

Only issue is getting .Net installed since Mono "team" doesn't like WPF for some reason, so some WPF stuff won't work and like the W7 D11+D2D interop thing you're shit out of luck for.

Though you can weasel 4.7.2 onto latest wine and WPF stuff will kind of sort of work sometimes, sort of.

>But maybe i will finally master the GPU passthrough in VM by then.

Hardest part was figuring out how to get usb shit working, had to emulate an xhci hub.

Attached: derp.png (964x1067, 292K)

Yeah, this is all nice and dandy but then you encounter THAT ONE GAME (pic related) which doesnt work in anything and there goes whole freedom out of window :-)

Attached: street fighter juri.jpg (1781x1019, 449K)

The only thing I couldn't get to run yet was Spellforce 3, and that's a game-side bug that was "fixed." (Render shitting the bed on createdevice blah blah.)

But yeah.

is this really botnet free?

Yes. Santa is also real.

Read the entire guide and check those scripts before doing anything. No reason to trust a bunch of randos who have been spamming AME for like what, 2 years?

That's the thing, the focus is on the big titles, but as long as you have your preferences you might be screwed.

I just installed LTSC, can't be fucked to reformat again.
I'll try it next time.

why even bother when you have LTSC???

>the people behind this closed source project said it's safe so it must be safe
Imagine being this fucking retarded

>posts complete documentation
>posts all scripts used (they are in plain text)

>hurrdurr its cLoSeD sOuRcE
>hurrdurr its a pajeet botnet

Stay imbecilic Jow Forums

Attached: pqafkb6d9ba01.jpg (645x729, 57K)

See

This
At least they have fucking documentation now. I remember the last time was a complete shit show

how can i trust a customized windows image if they don't even know what audit mode is?

anyone wiresharked that shit ? I'm tempted to do so later

Some user did in the old threads and said that it was fine but people still blasted them in the threads

They removed UWP apps, so the initially setup won't work. I think that's why they provide a preconfigured user, they could also just be retarded

well it is windows 10 after all, ms are negroid tier and I might not believe it if I do it myself

>How does gentoo solve the DX12 problem?
Not necessarily gentoo, but any linux, since wine 4.0 supports Direct3D 12
See winehq.org/

>they posted a bunch of scripts which means their 5.8 GB image isn't botnet
stay imbecilic indeed

It has a bunch of software preinstalled. They have a minimal image without all that.

Think it's safe to dual boot Win10 (that is used for vidya and absolutely nothing else) and a full disk encrypted Linux installation?

What about gpu passthrough via Windows virtual machine?

Yes.

I use the skip ahead build
the telemetry of this build is probably writing this reply for me now while I am in the bathroom

Attached: file.png (397x184, 12K)

Requires 2 GPUs, most people don't have that

>waah waah propritary waah
why are all freetards such manchildren?

literally irrelevant
grow a brain

Less to do with freetards being retards and more to do with it only possible to be a freetard if you're retarded

>pajeet botnet with extra botnet added
Might as well use the china government edition

How hard would it be to create a WindowsOS clone? There are fuckton of distros around, why hasn't anyone already made something like it?
I have no idea how an os is made btw

Why the fuck are you even here? Doesn't Microsoft have forums or something?

Attached: snake-eating-psider-pinterest.jpg (360x640, 71K)

I'm just here to laugh at faggots

>what is reactos

linux offers a piss poor desktop environment

just use windows 7 or linux and wait till reactos gets gud

hello, Alice

Wholesome

Last time it was essentially "you have to download this specific version of windows to do this whole process anyways and it's a link to our shit"