Soldered ram

notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T490s-T490-T590-Sleeker-designs-brighter-screens-but-less-flexibility.410641.0.html

>soldered ram
>no ethernet port on the t490s
>no 2.5inch storage bay

It's over thinkpad bros. Looks like I'm sticking with my x220 forever.

Attached: t490.jpg (1200x676, 52K)

“sleeker design” is a funny way to say “ruined IO and modularity”

Lmao my thinkpad yoga 12 had 2.5 and m.2.

F

Attached: lenovothinkpads.jpg (300x300, 7K)

Thunderbolt three can do anything all of those random ports can do without Swiss cheesing the machine

We should get businesses to boycott lelnovo shitpads

>it's another twice the price half the specs because it's what sells
t-thanks itoddlers

Attached: 1551054007252.jpg (970x545, 58K)

It would be a good time do it with all of the Chinese spying paranoia flowing about.

What advantages besides MUH THINNESS do NVME storage options provide?

The Whiskey Lake CPUs are 100% useless, so there is no reason to buy these machines at all. They're functionally worse than *80 in all respects.

How many points of hardware exploits for the "sleeker and thinner" design?

Massive speed boosts over SATA3 interfaces, though your ability to actually take advantage of that in day to day use will vary by use case significantly.

What's the point of making the T4*0 and T4*0s so thin when the X1C exists? They seem to have slimmed down the T490s to the point there's no difference with the X1C.

I think it's less that the T4XX family is shrinking too much and more that the X1 line isn't keeping pace. The X1's whole thing is being the ultrabook-y, thin and light Thinkpad but it hasn't really gotten any smaller since it was introduced.

SOMEONE STOP THESE FUCKING CHINKS

Attached: fdsdsfdsfdsfsd.png (1344x965, 445K)

That X1C7 with a carbon weave lid is gonna match with my 911 GT2RS so fucking well.

this is bad news boys

what paranoia? lenovo has been caught up in that mess of suspect and malicious hardware already at least twice

Can it boot through PXE which is almost mandatory for all big corporations?

>soldered ram
fucking why

You're either trolling or actually fucking retarded.

They're making laptops for businessmen and women who want something lighter to carry around. You guys aren't using them for their intended purposes, which is business machines on the go. Portability and convenience are the top priorities. Thinkpads are designed with feedback from businesses, not for neets who buy a thinkpad to keep on the desk because they fell for a meme. When a whole crew of executives of the Texas need to go to NYC they want slimmer, lighter, out of the way, just enough to get their business done on the flight, when they're at a cramped hotel desk, and when they're giving presentations and on call on a shared meeting room board desk, access to power is rarely a problem, it just needs to last a intercontinental flight at most. You guys are normies creating noise in an otherwise responsive B2B focused business. I doubt the thinkpad operations even care about anyone buying anything less than 50 units at a time.

>form factor doesnt matter
:)

Welp, I guess it's time then.

Attached: REEEEE.jpg (500x368, 63K)

>t. never actually worked in a real business
Take your roleplaying to /tg/ dude