/spg/ - Smartphone General

LG G8 ThinQ Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Screenshot_1.jpg (1043x1053, 189K)

Other urls found in this thread:

androidpolice.com/2019/02/23/nokia-shares-stunning-presumptive-nokia-9-pureview-photo-sample/
google.com/amp/s/m.gsmarena.com/nokia_9_pureview-ampp-8867.php
gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2017&nDisplayResMin=3686400&chk35mm=selected&sDisplayTechs=1&idDisplayNotch=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Specs

Attached: Screenshot_5.jpg (909x599, 176K)

Wtf is an LG lol?

Fuck outta here zoomer

A company that makes fridges and thought they could make good phones. They were wrong and thankfully they will leave that market soon

So now our resident hobbits and dwarves have a phone just for them huh?

Attached: galaxy-s10-e-announcement-1.jpg (1500x1000, 167K)

Any video samples / front facing samples taken with the Nokia 9 PureView?

Do you dislike it?

I FUCKING HATE NOTCHES

Attached: 1543185934738.jpg (661x528, 45K)

Why do you want to know my opinion?

>post processing software still utter shit compared to Google's
let me know when they get their collective heads out of their asses and allow bootloader unlocking and the device tree for making ROMs
fuck the gooks

androidpolice.com/2019/02/23/nokia-shares-stunning-presumptive-nokia-9-pureview-photo-sample/

>got iphone
>thoght it would run like shit because dual-core
>it actually performs like a quad-core android phone
Now that I want to go back to Android because I got sick of how restrictive iOS is, which phone should I get? Hopefully not chinkshit, because I want actual technical support in my country, and the price within $400. Extra points if the battery is great

google.com/amp/s/m.gsmarena.com/nokia_9_pureview-ampp-8867.php
>sd845
>3320mAh

Attached: 1548666942107.jpg (498x360, 61K)

Because I value your thoughts

Should I buy an S10? My only concern is the S11 will have a full infinity display.

I need a 3.5 jack

I like it, it's cute. Wish the hole was smaller though.

>Wish the hole was smaller though.
don't we all

Attached: heh.jpg (245x300, 10K)

Do decent phones in the 4" to 5" range still exist?

I also very much like it

Wish I could afford it though

Sony Compact phones or >iPhones.
The rest is the usual third world trash

Processor? not to bad, it's a high end soc after all

But that battery capacity will kill any chances for the phone being any successful

>telephoto?
>wide angle?
>tof?
>lmao no, just stick the five identical modules in there ecksdee

t. the absolute state of nokia

Has Chink Nokia done anything good? Every phone they released is either overpriced and/or disappointing. Brand recognition can only carry you that far

this
fucking Pekka thinking he can into fone

despite the multiple camera ginmicks the best cameraphones are still the single lenses ones

at $700 it's got nothing to offer if the image quality turns out to be no better than the pixel 3.

It has a telephoto sensor (black sensor, top right)

3 monochrome sensors alone will blow the water out of other shit in terms of detail

my fucking phone has been sitting in dhl Cincinnati the past three days and all the tracking update says is processed Cincinnati once every day.
the fuck are these dhl niggers doing to my chink phone

You most like meant a "ToF" sensor

What are my options for a new phone with these specs?
>headphone jack
>no notch
>no curved/raised display like the new Galaxy phones
>decent to good hardware
>1440p screen
>no oled

One of the Nokia phones?

Thinking about getting a Pixel 2XL, current phone is a IphoneSE.
Good or bad idea?

good, just make sure you get a factory unlocked model

What's with all these faggotry where everyone is whining about the frontal camera space?
That "punch hole" is absolutely NOTHING, it's well done and you faggots are whining about it
KYS

i think i'm onboard the punch-hole honestly
the next phone redmi comes out with punch-hole under 200usd i'll snap it up
waterdrop notch looks like i'm covering it up with my finger but punch-hole could just be a bunch of dead pixels in the corner of my screen which i'll relegate to the bottom right or something
finally took samsung giving in to the front cam on screen to make me feel the same tbqh

How do the galaxy A series compare to S series? All I really care about is a nice camera, waterproof, and good battery life, and I don't want to spend a grand on a phone

With slider and clamshell designs somewhat coming back, will qwerty keyboards return?

Why does LG make phones?

Reposting: wanna make it simple. Trade in 8+ ($550) for student discounted S10+ with galaxy buds. Or get Note 9 and try to sell the 8+ on my own.

Wanna ask HTC the same question.

is there any way to identify a phone/firmware and if it was ever modified?
my sister found a s7 edge (SM-G935FD) with firmware G935FXXU1APEQ, but if you search for this firmware it only gives you results for the single sim version (SM-G935F)
this phone also has small issues like not saving wifi log-in info, "login service has stopped" on boot, knox shit and so on
im guessing someone tried to flash this thing and they used a single sim version of the firmware and fucked things up, any ideas?

I've been thinking about getting an LG phone but I am not quite sure which one I should get. I mostly want it because of the 24bit DAC.

Any suggestions? Preferable under 500$

give it back, tyrone

>5.8 inches
Not even in the ballpark of acceptably small.

Why the fuck do all modern smartphones have rounded corners? It's stupid as fuck.

How did some random literal who company btfo Samsung so hard?

Attached: g.png (1455x564, 721K)

2-3 years away ide say. Jackwill be gone next year. Every s10 is getting the free buds.

The Huawei phone is too big IMO. If they shrunk it to S10e-S10 proportions when folded it would have been nigh perfect. What's the point of having a phone that's larger than a Note 9 when you're just going to fold the thing out to be even bigger? I thought the point was to have a small phone again while keeping the capability of getting a huge screen, not a huge phone with a danged iPad.

So I dropped my Samsung A5 (2015) into the toilet.
Xiaomi A2 Lite seems nice for the price.
I don't need spectacular performance, just a reliable phone with good batterielife and preferable a nice camera.
Is it good?
Otherwise I might just get a A7 and be done with it.

>random company

Attached: 2019_02_24_21_21_39_Huawei_has_surpassed_Apple_as_the_world_s_second_largest_smartphone_maker_Busi.j (1117x993, 201K)

It's hilarious how Huawei steals so much of their tech from other companies like Apple and Apple gets pissy even though Jobs admitted he stole his ideas.

Meh

I got a S7E and is there any way to get rid of all the INSANE bloat samsung put on this shit?

Attached: 1551068987919.jpg (900x900, 70K)

Honestly? My advice would be to read the fucking sticky.

>copying the Mix3 front but still add a notch
Useless.

imagine how scratched it'd get

Liquid foil.

>Notch
It's almost perfect. The last lg think without a notch would have been great if it had custom Roms.

ok Jow Forums I lost my old phone, I had a lg G4, I have to get a new one tomorrow, so people can actually contact me, what should I get? I was thinking of a note 9? it has pretty much everything, the only things I care about are battery life and the camera, I guess a headphone jack would be nice too, am I making a mistake?

Attached: 52005951_321447038477439_2871916928572588032_n.jpg (718x893, 69K)

which phone is best phone

Who the fuck asked for foldable phones? It's obviously a gimmick phone without any sort of real usage.

It's just to show that they can, they are not the product these companies are actually planning to make money with. I'd imagine it will take few years until there's actually decent products with foldable screens.

I'm kinda curious if they'll be a norm someday or if it will just flop like all those old 00s Nokia gimmicks.

What is a fast way to drain a battery in a phone?

I need purchasing advice
Mexico, telcel, 215 usd max budget, preferably something without MIUI, 5 or 6 inches.

I recently got a redmi note 5, it's ok but I don't like the os, is there something better than it on this price range?

What country you in?

Watching videos/streams non stop.

gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2017&nDisplayResMin=3686400&chk35mm=selected&sDisplayTechs=1&idDisplayNotch=1

Pocophone

>but I don't like the os
Unlock the bootloader and install a custom ROM then

I could, I guess.
But with that done, best I can do is another note 5?

At ~$200 the best you can get is one of the Redmi Note phones, or Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1/M2.

>142.2 x 69.9 x 7.9 mm
that's pretty smol my dude

What about the mi a2 lite, is it good?
I'm browsing Aliex right now and that one came up, I think that one could do it.

Where can I get a phone with a larger than 5.5 inch screen for 16:9 content? The widthlet 18:9 phones do not add any screen size for 16:9 videos. Should I just get a XA2 Ultra?

It's good, but less performance (SD625 vs SD636) and worse cameras than the Note 5.

Ok, thanks.
So, it's MIUI or less performance.

I want a phone for browsing the web, watching streams/videos, and reading what’s my best option? Assume no budget.

I currently have an iPhone 7plus and I’m not really happy with it.

Thoughts on the line of Doogee S# phones? I've had a Doogee S60 for about 2 years now and love it. Looked in to the most recent addition to the lineup but the S90 just seems like a straight down grade from the S80. That 10800mAh battery is really attractive.

If only there was a rugged phone with physical face buttons that don't break instantly.

Attached: s60.jpg (569x569, 41K)

these are obviously prototypes which let consumers in on them to fund R&D, and have them get reviewed on youtube for feedback

If you're not a burger, get the Pocophone.

Should I get a pocophone?

Mi max maybe?

>Chink Nokia
>HMD is headquartered in Espoo, Finland, and is largely run by former Nokia executives.
???

>mi mix 2s 64gb from western webshop for 300 eurobucks with warranty
Do I pull the trigger lads?

what's your opinion on the Note 9? I personally like my phones big and I think the size of the Note 9 is perfect

Holy shit that's massive. Thanks user.

Location is Germany. Will look into it. Thx.

>s8+ 959 cad on Samsung site
>S9 959 cad
>S10e 1019 cad

Hmm so much for lower prices

Why no oled? It is fantastic for phones

Be aware that it's not the highest tier and newest phone also its strong point is the size.

Save up for a mix 3, it's already falling in price.

Doesn't it have the same specs except for the slider shit?

Just gimme the Note 10 already.

Attached: 1548511009414.png (626x503, 456K)

your mistake is looking on the Samsung site

I have an XA2 Ultra and it's the perfect video phone.

Should I choose a phone with AMOLED over one with IPS?

Should I wait for ENERGIZER P18K Pop?
That 18 000 mAh battery looks neat

Attached: ENERGIZED.png (1092x958, 1.35M)

It's the same on newegg

How much should this cost to be worth the Pooled, 845, bezels and only 6 GBs of RAM?a

Its a clear flop at 599€

Attached: nokia-9-ensituntumat-artikkeli.png (831x724, 643K)

What ar the best non flagship phones I can get in a shiny blue?

Fucking thicc