Buy a laptop

>buy a laptop
>Spend almost $1000 bucks
>intel i7
>Geforce 1050 ti
>Decent. Not great, but decent
>Comes with Windows fucking shitty 10
>Had no intentions of buying this laptop for gaymen
>Months go buy and i realize I dont even need this much RAM or this kind of CPU for my use.
>Literally just code fun hobby projects and look shit up all day.
>feel like an idiot that got screwed by big corporations and proprietary software.

Is it worth buying a machine with a linux distro for a noob like me? Or should I dual-boot it of this thing?

Attached: PENfifteeen.jpg (590x335, 198K)

It's simple

bool dualboot = YA_PLAY_GAMES ? true : false;

>I feel stupid for buying this PC I don't need
>So Jow Forums, should I buy another one?

>>Spend almost $1000 bucks
>>Geforce 1050 ti
lmao

just dual-boot, it isnt hard
kek, this

it's OK, you just happened to grow up right after getting tha laptop.
I'd sell it and get something like a t460s (new). shit graphics but a great screen and keyboard, battery life, weight, etc. That will fit your needs better.

>Blaming someone else for being retarded

Just look for laptops from companies that don't try to prevent you from actually running Linux, or better yet, don't come with any OS installed.

This could be any Clevo vendor (which some Linux laptop sellers are), Gigabyte, MSI, and maybe Dell if you want Linux preinstalled. There's a weird price hike where there shouldn't be, like I wouldn't really buy a System76 Laptop for the price they offer.

But I would recommend that you do the following with your laptop:
>Set up Dual-Boot on the laptop, 60 GB for Windows Partition, 40-60 GB for root folder on Linux install
>Either two primary partitions or one extended partition , one for Home folder where your user data on Linux resides (Formatted as ext4), and one shared folder that's formatted as NTFS

I'm assuming you have more than 8 GB of RAM so you will not need to set up a swap partition, but try not to delete the boot partition if possible. Try installing Windows first and then Linux afterwards, so that Windows doesn't override the GRUB bootloader.

Hope this helps!

Attached: kleines.png (180x192, 3K)

Wow you're fucking retarded and the reason why shit code exists.

Go buy a business laptop, generally ThinkPad and Dell Latitude are the most recommended. They usually have more standard hardware thus better Linux support, better build, and upgradeability.

Pleasr realize how shit that code is.

There is a reason why we've been telling you niggers to get 200$ ThinkPads with Gentoo instead, but you never listen.

U got trolled

>>feel like an idiot that got screwed by big corporations and proprietary software
How exactly did you get screwed? You bought an i7 and dedicated GPU with no intent on gaming.
Also what did you expect for Gentoo to come preinstalled?
Shit thread.

This, retard

buy a thinkpad 200$ thinkpad and install arch linux faggot

Gentoo is to hard for me. Can a beginner use it?

its hard for everyone
stop pussyfooting and just do it

>using a ternary to set a bool based on another bool
Redundant and unnecessary

Defining a bool as another bool with a ? Operator

Attached: 1550192051665.png (1508x892, 169K)

Either:
a. sell the laptop and buy a system76 one instead
--or--
b. delet wangblows (if you don't use any of the software) and install mint (because its a good user-friendly start install)

>feel like an idiot
Check
>that got screwed by big corporations and proprietary software
Nope