twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes

its cancer thats for sure - now be a good guinea pig and embrace it

youtube.com/watch?v=lCIAcZov5Hs

Attached: 3ac4fba322.jpg (604x604, 39K)

Let's skip to 6G

*blocks your path*
Hehe nothing personal goym just enjoy your 1GB data for only 2 seconds

Attached: IMG_20190225_020947.jpg (300x250, 45K)

>5g
>internet of things
are you making ice cubes in your intelligent fridge from 300k miles away or something.

Fucking this, doesn't matter if we hit 1tb speeds while we have 2gb caps

>hd, 3d and ultra video
not gonna happen because of data caps

>botnet of things
yeah seem really fucking secure connecting your """smart""" devices to the cell network instead of wifi where you can at least to some degree isolate it from the the rest of the internet

>1/10 gbits
lol no be glad if it reaches 100 mbits

KEK

lmao imagine living in a country where u have data cap
also imagine being excited about 5g while my whole country is covered by wifi lul

/thread

no and it's a beautiful thing for mobile carriers, they're incentivized to make their data transmission as fast as possible because that means their users hit their data caps faster

WiFi that's protected

Imagine being this retarded and thinking your data cap is going to be reached faster if you download a 10 MB file at 1 GB/s instead of 1 MB/s

fpbp

>living in a shit hole with data caps
kek

it's free lul

>internet of things
>as a selling point
kek

>3G 1998
more like 2008
>4G 2008
more like 2014

Ladies and gentletards, look at this retard.

it's the biggest meme. 4G is still great they need to focus on giving better coverage for certain areas or keeping that shit stable before thinking about 5G.

THE BIRDS ARE DYING THE BIRDS ARE DYING THE BIRDS ARE DYING

is 5G cheaper to implement and make coverage with or something? 4G was fine for me and I finally got some normal internet plans for it in my shitty remote village but now every retard and their mother got a plan so that single pathetic tower can't handle it and is slower than fucking ADSL in the evenings

they are dying for ages, so are insects, which are pretty much the base for our ecosystem

if you are worried about the wildlife you should fight the chemical and agricultural industry first

if you are worried about emv move to some remote area in Alaska without telecommunication coverage

>3G is capable of streaming 480P video or maybe even 720P
>4G is perfectly capable of streaming 4k video.
>implying your ISP will actually deliver you the 1gb/s it's tecnically capable of
>implying internet of things isn't a spyware nightmare.

>THE BIRDS ARE DYING
Good.
That's what they get for shitting on me. Fuck the flying rats,

Niggers

A mobile service provider in my shithole country actually experimented with it and they managed to reach 22 Gbit/s
Highly doubt 5G speed will be that huge in practice, just a good way to boost up phone prices that support 5G. Wait a few years and the avg price for a mid-category smartphone will be over 2000 dollars.

Even cabled internet services have data caps in Americuckland, I'm actually glad only mobile services have those here.

But I can already watch UHD video on 3G and on 4G I can get 100mbs+. 5G is a dead meme.

no point in 5G

3G does 1080p YT without issues if you're not in a shit country

>5g range 1,500 feet
so only NYC maybe

5G will let the cell providers compete with cable and fiber internet where fucks like verizon comcast time warner frontier etc have monopolies.

>3G does 1080p YT without issues if you're not in a shit country
Youtube's 1080p content has a higher bitrate than both cdma2000 and utms, if you are talking about hsdpa+ that shit is considered 4G.

IoT is the most rage inducing caveman speak.

Can someone please play devils advocate here and rationalize data caps.
I understand the old argument that the lines physically couldn't handle everyone maxing them out at once so it was necessary in the beginning in some places. But this can not still be the case. Why are data caps STILL a thing? This shouldn't be allowed.

They're only a thing because some folks around the globe allow it.
We haven't had data caps for mobile for at least a decade and never for cable/adsl in Finland.

Most ISPs give you a 1TB data cap and say "no data cap, we just throttle you after 1TB".

Because they can charge extra for "unlimited".

What the fuck is an ultra video

>5G
>1 - 10 GB/second

Attached: vXbWQmm.png (326x160, 27K)

Here is a representation of a frame from one. Obviously the real thing would have separate representations depending on your current perspective of the particular dimension you're focused on.

Attached: df7.png (309x276, 122K)

I get 60Mbps on 4G with no data cap... for $15/mth. No, no throttling, either.

Only issue is the ISP uses a CGNAT, which means I need to route everything through a VPN... with no significant speed loss so far (50 vs 60 Mbps isn't significant for my use case).

I wonder what kind of normalfag would need more than 15MB/s.

60Mbps isn't that good. 60MB/s on the other hand...

With how unoptimized everything is and the "fuck it" attitude people have, I'm not surprised.

You say that, but I don't have that big of a need for bandwidth. It works fine for music/ youtube/ gaming and work.

If I did hoard data, maybe it'd be viable. But I don't.

No

Who needs 5G when your data cap is ridiculous

Eh 150Mbps is pretty good already

kek, brainlets don't know what's going on

It's litteraly cancer

Way to got to reach my monthly datacap in 2 seconds.
:^)

Are you legally retarded? I don't wanna make fun of sick people.

>4g
>already faster than most wired home broadband
>already more than fast enough for 4k streaming, downloading massive updates, handling all your notifications and self-streaming from the camera
>"uh nuh you need 5G to do the stuff you already do"
it's a meme.
1-10 gigabit is useful for downloading 100GB PC games or an actual workplace, but nothing your phone is doing needs anywhere close to that speed.

Attached: 1547484501385.jpg (1279x1065, 112K)

It's evil

>cgnat
Cucked.

ye
Do people who shill for 5G actually want to live surrounded by it? Or is it somehow being pushed exclusively by dudes living in mansions with lead paint walls, 5 miles from the nearest tower while the rest of us are supposed to be drenched in 5G signals.
Now I'm not one of these anti-vac, anti wifi fucktards who being their moron and wrong instincts over knowledge and science. But I see literally nothing to be gained by implementation of ubiquitous 5G. More-over the energy of 5G photons are approaching concerning levels and manufacturers are implementing methods to make mobile devices "safe".
How the fuck do we stop it?
Corporate cunts will sell anything if it provides "growth" and increases stock price. They're not even intelligent, they're just blind to everything but money.

i thought 5G had worse range and penetration than your average wi-fi router.

>Internet of things

Attached: Confused.jpg (600x512, 24K)

>Now I'm not one of these anti-vac, anti wifi fucktards
You clearly are

>load random video
>it defaults to 4k
>data cap reached in half a second

I heard 6g is around the corner. Should I wait???

>1bg/sec
buullllshiiit

>not sexting your laundry machine from the moon

>ultra video

>iot not included in 4G

>4G
>more than 400kB/s
>ignoring the insane latency too
"no"

Here it's 200GB or so data cap internet, but you get to pay an extra $10/month for unlimited (on top of the $50/month for 20mbps down)

Get way over that in the UK. Get back to your poor people country, peasant

>*Line of sight, 500 feet with a SNR of -18db at 24GHz with 400MHz channel bandwidth.
As soon as you put any significant distance or obstruction between you and the tower, expect 200Mb/s max. Average will probably be closer to 80Mb/s. This technology is best suited for stationary applications with a directional antenna; as a replacement for cable and fiber.

Why the fuck do you need 1GB/s speeds to download a 10MB file you nigger

There's way more EM radiation. Phones today are actually pretty low in EM radiation compared to old phones. Either way, EM radiation hasn't conclusively been linked to cause cancer or anything like that.

I had an RF Engineering prof. at my predict that the field is going to experience the next revolution in technology with 5g. He predicted it will replace cable internet. I don't know if it will be that big but I'm excited to see what happens.

To clarify, by EM radiation I refer to radio waves.

Im still not seeing how 5G is going to be economical. It's sounding like Edison's DC electricity, where you need a repeater station every couple blocks because the range is so bad. Meanwhile a traditional cell tower can cover dozens and dozens of miles in flat areas.

WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD YOU NEED A WIRELESS CONNECTION THAT FAST WITH THE CURRENT BANDWIDTH NEEDS? ARE NORMALFAGS EXITED ABOUT STREAMING 4K NETFLIX OK THEIR PHONE AND USING THEIR MONTHLY PLAN DATA IN 25 SECONDS? WHY AM I WIRITING IN CAPS I'M NOT. REALLY THAT MAD BUT THIS SHIT IS RETARDED.

Why can't we get good long range data network instead of focusing on shit short range garbage

Because maybe I want to download a 1 GB file instead.

>internet of things

I implore you to try and find a move aggravating set of words.