is this
a) botnet?
b) a meme?
c) all of the above?

Attached: file.png (663x462, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Tyrrrz/LightBulb
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is there any reason to use flux over Win10's blue light filter?

Not a botnet.

It's somewhat legitimate. (I did a lot of research on this personally.)

I demand maximum picture quality and colour fidelity at all times, therefor flux is a meme for me.

Not a botnet but kind of useless since most operating systems already have this built in

probably not
maybe
quite possibly

monitors are just one source of blue light, if you want to cut out blue light for sleep related reasons you'll need to address other sources of artificial light which also put out a lot of blue light and you should probably keep in mind that there's dozens of other things you should also probably be doing

The dimming and the shortcuts.

The diapason of "non-blue" lights is A LOT wider, there's simply more filters and it's more personal in terms of day and night.

It is somewhat less straining for your eyes to look at light that is warmer, but warmer colors emitted from the screen won't really do much for you that is different from having a little lamp in your room. Put your brightness at maximum in darkness and turn on a lamp and you'll see the difference. Of course if you don't have a lamp that can provide some nice ambient lightning, a software color filter is pretty good, but with a little lamp you get the same benefit without looking at shitty colors.

No.

c) windows, mac, and most noew phones have some sort of equivalent built in, as well as GNOME night light or redshift (sadly, x only)

Attached: Screenshot_20190225_020217.png (266x136, 12K)

>Windows
c)

>no way to control update checking
pepperidge farm remembers webkit...

github.com/Tyrrrz/LightBulb

it makes my eyes not hurt

i dont have any windows in my room
irrevalent for me

Enjoy your snake oil, meanwhile I have glasses with blue light filtering build in.

Marginal solution to a big problem if flux is used to relieve eye irritation and not sleep. For sleep purposes did not help me, so a meme it is.
Get work eye glasses. Helps with eye strain caused by focusing something close for extended periods of time. Try to find a good distance where your eyes feel relaxed. Helps with eye irritation the most. No need to get eye drops. Also get a silent computer. HDD's sound is very annoying.

What's stopping me from just using a tiny bash script or cron job to run "xcalib" at a certain time and lower the blue light?
Why do I need a whole separate program to do this?

I use both a filter and a lamp (and dark theme for everything on lunix) for maximum comfiness

>not foss
thus
>botnet

boy that was hard

>proprietary software
>not botnet
Pick one retards

These botnets use way too much RAM. Use a CLI like Redshift instead

idk lol

i use on windows. on linux.

It actually hurts my eyes and it completely destroys whatever I am looking at. Except reading something, there is literally no reason to use this shit. Hurr durr playing games, watching a movie, programming stuff with GUI, it all looks nicely fucked.
As said
>For sleep purposes did not help me, so a meme it is.
Same goes for me, besides I don't have problems sleeping at all. After looking about 16 hours a day on a dark gui in a dark room with no lights I just go to bed and sleep in less than 5 minutes. Been doing this since the 90s.

This. Fuck sleep lmao my anime can't be distorted

Helps me with eye strain but not sleep, the one on my phone helps with that. Also too much blue light damages your eyes over time.
I use the filter that comes with the phone and another, and brightness never goes over 1/4. It really helps.

I calibrated mine to a proper photography color chart.

f.lux uses 26mb of RAM.

thanks for all your responses guys. I'm on Windows 7 so no built-in night filter for me. I set it for "color accuracy" so the filter is not that brutal.

Not a botnet, and it helped with my insomnia, so I'm going to say not a meme.

The built-in ones aren't quite as good most of the time.

Or is it useless since all serious operating systems already have this built in?

I'm on Win7.

I've been thinking of buying a pair of these. are they any good?

It helps a lot for me at least. Now if I disable it or wait for it to laod on boot I simply cant look at the screen.

You right

Attached: lightbulb.png (319x37, 2K)