This is the only acceptable web browser

This is the only acceptable web browser

Attached: brave-browser-logo.png (583x548, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/brave
warosu.org/g/thread/S69812193#p69820836
spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
hub.packtpub.com/brave-privacy-browser-has-a-backdoor-to-remotely-inject-headers-in-http-requests-hackernews/
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/facebook-twitter-trackers-whitelisted-by-brave-browser/
basicattentiontoken.org/about/
basicattentiontoken.org/
github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

your mother

>using a botnet that injects ads in the http header
no thanks. shill all you want, brave is a flop

Might as well use chrome. At least it gets all the patches first and it's more throughly tested.

>botnet
Yeah, sure.
github.com/brave
Mind telling us where?
>that injects ads in the http header
You don't even know what you're talking about and you're acting like a professional in the matter. Just insufferable.
warosu.org/g/thread/S69812193#p69820836

>warosu.org/g/thread/S69812193#p69820836
damage-controlling much are we? you are defending a re-skinned chromium with added extra-features no-one wants + blockchain-cancer (that alone disqualifies brave at all levels)

>might as well use a paragon of tracking/telemetry instead of a FOSS browser with Ungoogled-chromium patches

Cent Browser is comfy
Unfortunately not open source but nice feature set

Damage controlling what? You demonstrably don't know what you're talking about and here you are yet again claiming high ground with utmost certainty. I am not defending anything, I am just pursuing a fruitless endeavor of explaining something to someone who lacks reading comprehension but still acts superior. And guess what? You don't have to use those features genius, Brave shields can be turned off and you have to go out of your way to enable BAT. And you're of course completely full of shit, because it has nothing to do with mining - you're collecting this currency by seeing ads. Talking to a wall would've been more productive, because it wouldn't respond and claim to know better when it clearly does not.

Yes, they don't block certain trackers because it would break sites like Facebook.
The question is: Should a privacy focused browser by default block those trackers or allow them for a better user experience?
Hint: Even Brendan stated that they want to get rid of the whitelist.

Also the custom HTTP header injection is a different story.

>google default search engine
no thanks

Who cares what the default search engine is? You can change this on every browser, I'm not seeing the big deal here.

I actually agree with doing this, I need my web experience to work correctly but I want the most privacy I can possibly have, this makes Brave perfect

if you don't think a browser defaulting and encouraging people to use jewgle is bad and a warning sign for worse I don't know to tell you.

These freetards don't like the promotion of non free software, little do they know normal tards would just stop using Brave if Brave was set to anything other than Google

Fuck off cunt, if a browser didn't have Jewgle by default normal fags would stop using it and they'd go broke

I don't know what to tell you either, because people who go out of their way to install Brave most likely aren't going to use Google as a search engine.

Other browsers that emphasize security don't have google as default.
>if a browser didn't have Jewgle by default normal fags would stop using it and they'd go broke
yeah why don't they just run ads or collect data on you, otherwise they'd go broke. Money isn't an excuse faggot. Go shill this shit on reddit.
> people who go out of their way to install Brave most likely aren't going to use Google as a search engine
oh? then why have it as the default?

>oh? then why have it as the default?
Fuck if I know, I'm not a developer. You're making a big deal out of nothing really.
>people who go out of their way to install Brave most likely aren't going to use Google as a search engine
Still stands. And people who use it are most likely capable of changing their default browser as well.

>Brave encourages people to use Google
>People who use Brave aren't going to use Google
That don't make sense

>Brave encourages people to use Google
This is definitely a false premise.

Yes, but this can be achieved without whitelisting those trackers permanently. As far as I understand it they work on a solution to only allow those trackers if the user actively tries to login.

I don't see how Google as default search engine matters, when you're already using a Blink based browser.

r/iamverysmart

>using a known spyware browser

Here we go again.

Attached: 1551088867434.png (583x548, 42K)

Nice meme reply.

>horp derp it's open source so it can't be spyware

Motherfucker, Firefox is open source too and it has a buttload of spyware features that you need to change over a hundred variables in about:config just to get it to stop phoning home. FOSS DOESN'T MEAN JACK SHIT

That aside, you're a paid shill and won't listen to reason anyhow.

What reason? You're not giving any arguments for either side. But you're quick to claim everyone and anyone is a shill for something.

Yeah, Brave will implement a solution for that soon, until then you can actually install ublock in Brave

Why does the privacy function whitelist facebook?

What is a "privacy function" exactly? What do you mean?

spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html

hub.packtpub.com/brave-privacy-browser-has-a-backdoor-to-remotely-inject-headers-in-http-requests-hackernews/

bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/facebook-twitter-trackers-whitelisted-by-brave-browser/

To keep every site working, Brave whitelist some things for comparability because ultimately it is a normie Browser

>it's a privacy browser with spyware compatibility

>chrome skin with even more build in trackers
no ty

Brave removes Google tracking, fucking autist

Just to be VERY CLEAR, Brave browser gathers telemetry on it's users OUT OF THE BOX.

>and contains a ledger system that anonymously measures user attention aggregate to accurately reward publishers.
basicattentiontoken.org/about/

>The Brave browser knows where users spend their time, making it the perfect tool to calculate and reward publishers with BATs.
basicattentiontoken.org/

I see what kind of Autist you are now, kys

SO WHAT FUCKING BROWSER CAN WE USE THAT WON'T TRACK ALL THIS SHIT

Literal meme, literal, only used by literal retards. Enjoy the botnet cock in your throat, user

>bRavE rEmoVeS jEwGle tRAcKinG
And proceeds to do the tracking themselves you absolute brainlet

>I see what kind of shill you are now, make sure you get paid m8!

How? It's not like you'll anything new because everything has been touched on in the thread you refuse to read.

>I'll deliberately misunderstand everything I want to
Cool. Then Chrome is the best browser ever right, as per recommendation of one troglodyte in these threads.

NO, IT DOES NOT. For the thousandth father fucking time - all of this only begins to take place if you go out of your way to enable BAT. And big surprise you'll see ads if you chose to do so. It wouldn't be tracking or data mining even then, because the data is anonymous. But good thing you and countless of others will continue to shitpost about this every chance you get without any understanding.

Just because you tOuChEd oN It doesn't mean you're correct or valid you fucking moron

Falkon.

Great explanation.

I love cock in my mouth user

Attached: 1548713048603.jpg (554x554, 53K)

Keep shilling your spyware user, we won't buy into it

BAT is literally the only thing anti Brave shills have, but yeah, BAT only runs if it's enabled, and even then the telemetry isn't sent to Brave, but shills need to make fake reasons I guess

Falkon sucks dick, lacks a shitload of modern features and doesn't support extensions, keep your freetard browser to yourself Autist

>muh botnet botnet botnet
Great discussion we're having.

Botnet is the only argument Jow Forums knows, what do you expect?

Ungoogled chromium
GNU icecat

They're both shit and nobody but the most deluded of faggots is going to use them

Epiphany is also quite nice (especially for a GNOME project)

There's also the somewhat lacking fingerprinting protection.

>especially for a GNOME project

Attached: 1548974786080.jpg (209x250, 27K)

Brave is /comfy/ on Android. I would use Firefox if it wasn't trash on Android.

Somewhat, but from what I've seen its by far the most compatible fingerprint protection and it even has TOR if you want to go a step further, if that's not good enough install a chrome fingerprint protection and basically what you have is ungoogled chromium with some nice features

can you show me how they are doing the tracking?

I thoroughly enjoy my Firefox Focus app on Android

FireFox on mobile is absolute shit, the closer to vanilla Chromium on mobile the better, it's nice on PC too

Just use TOR then

What can I say? It's the only GNOME project that I actually like (although the old GNOME system monitor is ok; only the new one sucks).

You could, or you could not because Brave has it built right in thus cutting down on the amount of programs needed

I'll take my old brave on mobile is comfy comment back. Just updated it and they've added the chrome feature that closes the browser if close all tabs.
Sucks for me because I usually close all the tabs and navigate from the home page.

Brave's anti fingerprinting is already poor, and using Brave with Tor makes you even easier to fingerprint.. He's right in that you should just use properly configured Tor if you want to use the protocol. Using it in a browser that cannot spoof its fingerprint to that of the Tor browser is counterproductive.

I don't really care, I'll still recommend brave to my friends and family.

Likewise, Brave is the best normie browser, best browser for anyone really

>I don't really care, I'll still recommend brave to my friends and family.
There's really nothing of substance in his post, as he didn't bother to read the links he's provided. All of those functionalites come into effect only when you go out of your way to enable them.

I've compared Ungoogled-chromium with the latest Chrome user agent string added through an extensions to Brave's fingerprinting protection and the results were identical. Either way, it's possible to disable it and easily disguise it to mimic Chrome as a user agent.

The user agent is but a fraction of your entire fingerprint. There are various fingerprint testing sites like Panopticlick that will give you a taste of what a fingerprint consists of. Actual tracking companies are likely to employ much more than that.

>and it even has TOR if you want to go a step further
Yeah, but it spoofs different values than Tor, which kinda defeats the purpose.

I tried browserprint.info and the two didn't seem any different there. It is far more comprehensive than Panopticlick.

Ungoogled-Chromium vs. Brave or Tor vs. Brave?

This is Firefox v66 on panoptliclick and browserprint

Attached: 1.png (5450x1003, 1.41M)

brave very good i use every day for browse and search with duckduckgo, 10/10 stars

The summary is not as interesting as the detailed results.

fucking bat bagholders, go back to /biz

On Android?
Yeah

Just Ungoogled-chromium vs. Brave.

Op is retarded. There's no way he'd use something that actually respected his freedoms.

github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium
fuck off brave shill and everyone else switch to ungoogled chromium

Not him but what the hell do you use? I'm seriously asking because it seems that every browser that isn't complete shit is spyware and/or botnet so I'd love some alternatives

Firefox with the spyware mitigation user.js

Ungoogled-Chromium shill

well i also second it, its just good and also prioritizes privacy. just give it a try mate. Ive tried every single other browser, and nothing comes close.

The main problem with it is that is very often not updated fast enough, not on Windows or all Linux distros either. Definitely not something you want from a browser.