BASED AMD

Based AMD for being even slightly competitive lately. If it weren't for them, Nvidia wouldn't have given us the 1660 Ti. This is a great example of Nvidia holding back because no real competition from AMD, while being able to deliver more if they want. The 1660 Ti is the best low priced GPU since a long time.

>inb4 Vega 56
Yes-Yes, I know about Vega 56's being better *IF* you can find one for the same price and all the undervolt stuff, but most people won't bother with that.

Attached: nvidia-gtx-1660-ti-best-deal-banner-980ox-v1.jpg (980x380, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

overclockers.co.uk/msi-radeon-rx-vega-56-air-boost-oc-8gb-hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-343-ms.html
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/8u60ze/buyer_beware_gigabyte_radeon_rx_vega56_gaming_oc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can I just get a new 1080 Ti for original RRP? Like make a 1880 or 1680 Ti or some shit. I couldn't give a wet shit about ray tracing or DLSS or any of that gay shit, just want raw power.

>the nvidia shillforce experience

I bought a 250€ vega 56 yesterday. Why does this 1660 thing even exists?

Good for you.

>>inb4 Vega 56
>Yes-Yes, I know about Vega 56's being better *IF* you can find one for the same price and all the undervolt stuff, but most people won't bother with that.

This is correct. I have a Vega 64 and I LOVE tinkering with it, but to all novice builders and people who want an "it just works" experience I recommend Nvidia. People who are not interested in overclocking, adjusting voltages, tuning their card, etc. will have a bad time with Vega. So I tell them to just buy 1060/1070/2060/1160 and get it over with. Even better for me, since the large demand for Nvidia cards and low demand for AMD cards means I get to buy Vega 64 for 400€ when a 1080 costs 600€.

I'll just leave this here...

overclockers.co.uk/msi-radeon-rx-vega-56-air-boost-oc-8gb-hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-343-ms.html

Attached: 1548256102224.jpg (225x225, 12K)

novideo shit
>b..but I gayme on my windows PC masterrace!
not even RTX
It's like you're a loser and poor, lmao

>The 1660 Ti is the best low priced GPU since a long time.
The 1060 was basically a low power 980 and the 1660ti is barely better than a 1070 and it was a long wait

The only smart person on this website so far. Stuck with 1080TI sli atm and I would love NVlink turning but 1080TI performance at 12nm. Hell if they can give me more performance at 12Nm I’ll take it with out ray tracing or dlss
>pic related sli is smooth
>inb4 reddit normie says sli is shit cuz YouTube told em

Attached: F0C68457-674F-45ED-A873-1BADCA34E931.jpg (4032x3024, 2.25M)

SLI is bad, since it scales badly, it isn't bad inherently, unless you have a unoptimized title that will stutter. It's the price argument that makes SLI bad too.

SLI is a brute force method to get more performance, it isn't the same thing that made it great when it was still 3dfx SLI.

Just wait until Navi drops, it'll be toasted.

I would get the newer tech. DLSS has a very big potential.

>blur 80% filter has great potential
If they ever bother to put 50000 manhours of gameplay wroth data into the base model to train it for each game separately.

>The 1660 Ti is the best low priced GPU
hahahaha

>v56 undervolt stuff
i expect amd buyers to tweak their card. normies should go buy novidia every gen.

>overclockers.co.uk/msi-radeon-rx-vega-56-air-boost-oc-8gb-hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-343-ms.html
>blower
not sure if want

Do, not. If you want to get a Vega 56, buy a used one I'd say with a better cooler.
Even though this is a reference PCB, you can throw a cheap 3rd party heatsink onto it.

>UK

Attached: download.jpg (480x360, 11K)

as in 5 pixel big jaggies?
yeah sure

Reminder that Video Coding Engine is shit.

pajeet nigger

>12 newton-metres
Don't tighten down your cooler so much, user!

.0000000000001 rupees have been deposited to your geforce experience account.

Attached: tomsnvmerchant.png (500x500, 70K)

>buying housefire Radeon

Attached: fire.jpg (1200x800, 846K)

Same here from a local retailer. (when converted to yuros)
t. north/east yuropoor

>most people won't bother with that.
This is Jow Forums. If anyone fucking would put the extra coupke hours of effort to have nearly gtx 1080 performance for $279 Jow Forums would

The 1660 Ti is garbage and relatively inferior to the 1060. Fuck off, shill.

Navi will make this launch irrelevant, but will take too long to get to the market. Sad!

Have fun with the electricity bill and the noice

Poor local retailers. Nobody wants to buy those cards.

I bought a 210€ Vega 56 (included 3 games for free) yesterday.

Attached: s75dvasd90f7adsf54ar90hj734.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

FUCKING WHERE???

The gigabyte vega 56 is known to have serious issues tho

They are usually sold out in a day or two each time new stock comes in. But yeah, like said, normies don't want them.

i just bought an rx590 with the same 3 free game deal and amazon didnt fucking send me an email with a claim code. I DID however get 5$ off at the amd fanstore with my r5 2600 processor. Thanks AMD

The average Jow Forums tard has no idea what even a undervolt is. Just look at the fastest generals, it's all /v/. Plus most freetards have no use for higher end GPUs.

It really is time for Nvidia to introduce a new naming system for their cards
x60, x70, x80 should have ended at 1080.

Source?

If it doesn't come with at least 6GB of vram it's bad

Nigga it takes watching a 30min video at 1.75x speed to understand all there is to tweaking your vega and getting the most of it. You're not special snowflake for doing that.

Vega 56 has been discontinued.

Attached: 1550608890523.jpg (812x806, 85K)

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/8u60ze/buyer_beware_gigabyte_radeon_rx_vega56_gaming_oc/
It's not only there, there's a lot of complaint about that card across the internet

>Nvidia wouldn't have given us the 1660 Ti.
Thank god they rehashed GTX 1070. It's not like we had the superior and still cheap RTX 2060 already.

In Europe 1660 Ti costs over 300€ while a 2060 costs under 400€. Only a moron would fall for that overpriced 1070 rehash.

>t. 580 owner cope

>GTX 1070 performance for GTX 1070 prices two years later

Based 1660ti

Everyone was shitting on that card a few days ago, but then the reviews went up and a complete turnaround happened.

>reddit

>I know about Vega 56's being better *IF* you can find one for the same price and all the undervolt stuff, but most people won't bother with that.
>Yes-Yes, I know about Vega 56's being better *IF* you can find one for the same price and all the undervolt stuff, but most people won't bother with that.

Used Vega 56 goes for $230 and 64 for $270 and it is VERY easy to find at those prices. They are both faster than the gtx 1660 ti STOCK.With proper tweeking they both hang with the RTX 2070. If you are on this board and not willing to tweak you should probably not be on this board. The only way the 1660 ti makes any sense is for SFF PCs due to thermal constraints.

Attached: 1455927433863.jpg (455x628, 64K)

>Europe
Kek

>Used Vega 56
>VERY easy to find
Lol no.

Even living in a small EU country and just checking the local sales sites, I can find a buttload in that price range, bought locally with local retailer warranties still going for a year or two.

>small EU country
You have proved my point.

>smaller market it suddenly better

Sorry for not living in a small EU country.

He's not saying he is. But the matter of fact is that most people don't bother. Are you going to disagree? Most pc users are enthusiasts now?

Yeah gigabyte messed up with the bios but It's fixed by updating the bios which is easy to do.

I bought the giga56 and it crashed a lot. I returned it and got my money back because I don't live in a 3rd world shithole like the USA. I read that the bios update could fix it and bought it again knowing that if it doesn't work again I can just return it. So far it works.

DISSAPOINTING BOTH AMD AND NVIDIA.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN 1160TI, YOU DUMB SHILL!

WHERE IS MY NAVI!

KEEP YOUR CARDS! SAVE YOUR MONEY! THEY'RE NOT WORTH YOUR TIME!

You don't even need to spend that much time tinkering with Vega 56/64 these days. There's a one click Auto Undervolt option in radeon settings now that gets power consumption down fairly close to what you could achieve manually.

The "Auto Undervolt" is good, but manual is better.
It's really simple once you understand how it works, you're not settings constant limits, you're inputting numbers into a equation. Best way to do it is to have the card render something heavy, like Furmark, while checking current Clock/Wattage/Usage on something like GPU-Z while tweaking under Radeon Wattman or OverDrive NT.

Voltage too*

Oh absolutely, manual tweaking will always grant the best results. I took the time to get specific power state settings when I was doing mining on my Vega. I just like to mention auto undervolt because it does a surprisingly decent job for people who may not be willing to do so.

Yeah, still feel like it should have been something out of the box, the stock settings in both BIOS and Wattman are ridiculous for Vega.

>I returned it and got my money back because I don't live in a 3rd world shithole like the USA.
You can return items in the US you obsessed turbo tard.

It should have been 2061ti.

AMD did nothing remotely competitive, you can suck Huangs dick for blessing us with this card

The average /v/ kid doesn't even know what voltage is, they would probably set it to some really high amount, kill the GPU, and shitpost here about it.

>590 release
>vega 56 dropping in retail prices
>nothing remotely competitive

The 1660 Ti was released as a direct competitor for the RX 590.

citation needed

>12 nm Turing part is a rehash of a 16 nm Pascal part
Absolute state of Jow Forums

Glad you understand that. Turing literally is Pascal with more shit glued onto it. This card is literally Turing with all the shit taken off.

From who? It doesn't work that way.
Like, you'd expect Huawei to say their new foldable is a competitor to Samsungs that they got wind off with corporate espionage? Neither do Nvidia or AMD, but those are the cards from the competition they use for their benchmarks, same performance and price range. You compare with the similar class product from the competition, so they acknowledge that it was a card to compete with it, without directly stating it in writing.

So it's a rebranded 1070?

Turing is not just Pascal with RT and tensor cores.

Who said that? It'a a new fab and upgraded architecture. It isn't a simple rebrand.

Care to show me?

this tbqh, too bad SLI is total crap
>inb4 muh dx12
I don't play dx12 games... I tried Far Cry 5, I think.

Attached: gpuz.gif (535x643, 30K)

NVENC
Different cache hierarchy
Concurrent integer & FP
Task/mesh shaders (replacing vertex/tessellation/geometry pipeline)
Variable rate shading

>upgraded artitecture

>Micron memory
Absolute state of """"high end"""" Ti hardware.

>Turing literally is Pascal with more shit glued onto it. This card is literally Turing with all the shit taken off.
This is what I was saying is false.

>Task/mesh shaders
Is this like the primitive shaders in Vega, but actually working?

It's not better. It's around the same as 1070, better in some games, worse in some.

Vega got a driver update ages ago that enabled them, it's up to developers to use them. I think Far Cry 5 supported them.

They're roughly analogous. They're basically just compute shaders (there's no input assembly stage, you just read from buffers) except task shaders "output" mesh shader invocations and mesh shaders output primitives. Shaders that are able to schedule themselves are a big leap.

I think that's something else. AFAIK there are still no primitive shaders for Vega.

>>vega 56 dropping in retail prices
heh

they're the only company that did gddr5x and now gddr6

The UV'ing process is literally a fucking button you click now.

Are the normans REALLY THIS mentally handicapped? Because if so I want god to wipe us out already, it would be an act of supreme kindness.

Also stock is running dry which is why they're so expensive right now. But a few weeks later we'll see them back to ~$350 and maybe close to $300 sometimes. I'd rather pay $50 more if it meant I got 20% higher performance and 33% more vRAM.

uhhh

>tfw mutt
fuck the british

>t. uk 2.0
>fuck uk 1.0

Just wait for navi!

Isn't vega 56 already 90% as fast as the rtx 2070 with the latest drivers? I think the wait is over.

>gigabyte
oh nonononono hahahahahahahahhaha

I know they work on Linux for a while no, no idea about Windows

when is the 1160 supposed to come out?

Both valid posts.

Micron is a very respectable manufacturer, you fucking retard.