ITT: Post guts, rate guts, praise guts, ridicule guts

ITT: Post guts, rate guts, praise guts, ridicule guts.

Attached: 1550903390732.jpg (1200x800, 170K)

>Corsair everything

Attached: ohfkr4ijoo601.jpg (1280x960, 185K)

>Not having an asus mobo i9 build in a Corsair case with corsair memory

Attached: 1512179093613.png (500x500, 235K)

That's all I'm gonna post so you plebs can't bully me as much.

Attached: gay rave.jpg (1000x750, 662K)

>rgb
gay and fagpilled

It just werks

Attached: 1.jpg (3264x1836, 1.51M)

Read the filename.
I totally agree, but I can't even see them though.

RIP dual channel.

rgb niggers in a nutshell

I like. I also like you didn't overly spend time on cable management while it still looks somewhat decent.
Fix that GPU sag though, that can be an actual problem in the long run.

>i'm so poor i can only buy one stick of ram
>but i can sure damn well make sure i have led's
>and a cosair AIO
should have ditched the corsair aio garbage for a $30 212 evo and put the savings towards a standard 2x8 16gb kit like non retarded people

The AIO looks old though, not anything recent

its not op build. its the build "the verge" did for their guide on "how to build a pc." notice how the cpu cooler block ISN'T EVEN FULLY BOLTED DOWN. its missing a bolt. bottom left of the block.

so? he still spent more for that used than a $20-30 212 evo.

It's a dual fan rad though, it takes dumps on heatsinks. Lets say one of his sticks failed, with two sticks it would have been perfectly reasonable, you can push a lot of wattage out of a CPU with that.

S8's shitty camera makes the LEDs look a lot more obnoxious than they are. In real life they're much darker, especially with the side panel on. It's basically black inside the case save for the red highlights.

Attached: 20190225_170412.jpg (2724x3024, 1.95M)

R8 H8 masturb8
16GB of RAM
2x1TB SSD
128GB nvmeme SSD

Attached: 95E0E0B7-E6F0-4732-A28A-F45B195C5857.jpg (4032x3024, 3.18M)

Attached: IMG_9053.jpg (3254x3792, 1.86M)

Thats even more chaotic than mine.

Attached: IMG_20190124_174233_042.jpg (3492x4365, 3.27M)

>big cases
>underutilized space

why

How could you utilize this better then user?

Standard-ATX MB and not some Micro-ATX for that case for sure. Why get big case if you get Micro-ATX anyways?

>takes dumps on heatsinks

No it doesnt. A proper tower cooler is just as good as a shitty aio with an expiration date.

>A proper tower cooler is just as good as a shitty aio
Amen. A good AIO is better than a proper tower cooler.

>with an expiration date.
>tfw 5 year warrant for the AIO and the parts if it should leak on if it ever does
Seems like they are pretty confident in their product.

>non user serviceable device with water in it and corrosion inhibitors that expire with mixed metals

Keep buying into the aio jew retard. A scythe mugen or similar quality air cooler will beat, tie or come so close to the aio as to not matter for less money while being more reliable and many times even quieter since you dont have a pump.

Nope. Still get 2C lower than any tower cooler.

>pump noise meme
It's inside a case, you realize that?

>2c

Youre an absolute fucking retard and the case has ventilation. Kill yourself aio mongoloid.

>but my testing before running for an hour to let water reach temps! Muh 2c! Muh margin of error differences!

Enjoy that extra 60-100 dollars for your debatable 2c difference.

so a dual fan rad is more important than better performance? wow you are retarded.

user should sell the AIO to buy another stick? If his second stick failed after he bought the AIO?
Reading comprehension? I swear.

posting my guts since i know /g loves it.

Attached: gutsmaster1-big2.jpg (6912x3072, 3.57M)

only one with reading comprehension problems is you because of how autisticly retarded you are.
>hurr maybe one stick died?
RMA like a normal person you tard. No reason in #currentyear to run single channel memory. period. you're either top 1% of retards or so autistic you're better off with a cumstained used chinkpad from 2008.

I love how poorfags randomly bring up AIOs and start to bash on them on every way possible, for no reason whatsoever.
Its like when a AMDrone sees a 2080 To and starts shitting on it for no other reason than its better then what they have but they can't afford one.

Literally the best part of these threads.

Maybe he bought it used? Maybe it's all used parts? Fuck what a smartass everyone's tried, but fails to be here. The butthurt is priceless though.

>muh poorfags muh israeltel

Kill yourself retard.

Attached: guts.jpg (1000x1285, 565K)

you really can't read can you? lets try again, read what I wrote you tard.
>RMA like a normal person you tard. No reason in #currentyear to run single channel memory. period. you're either top 1% of retards or so autistic you're better off with a cumstained used chinkpad from 2008.
let me break it down for you
>No reason in #currentyear to run single channel memory. period. you're either top 1% of retards or so autistic you're better off with a cumstained used chinkpad from 2008.
>No reason in #currentyear to run single channel memory. period.
>No reason in #currentyear to run single channel memory.
>period.
now stop being a raging retard you fucking piece of trash.

>I'm rich because I have an AIO!!!
Holy shit, you couldn't possibly come off as more insecure.

I probably spent more on my NH-D15 plus two Chromax fans and the metal cover set for it than you did on your gaymer-grade AIO. Only retards buy them, rich or poor.

Attached: gayme.png (1920x750, 553K)

Jesus Christ, not only are you blind and dumb, you have serious temper issues.

not really. you're just that retarded. no matter how much you autistically reeee, there is none, and never will be, a valid reason to only have a single stick of ram in #currentyear and beyond you bloody retard.

look, i understand daddy touched you at night, but no need to be the raging retard that you are. go seek help bro.

At least post case, I'm looking for one with a horizontal motherboard mount

Now this I dig

Is this from that Verge nigger's "tutorial"?

yes

I wish I was around for the threads when that came out.
It's hilarious to think about that in how many steps along the way a video like that should've been stopped in a normally functioning tech "news" outlet.

see
they didn't even properly bolt down the damn cpu block.

meme

Attached: IMG_20190126_190643.png (1440x1080, 1.78M)

>AIOs are good

I wish this meme would die. My Noctua L9x65 performs _better_ than a Kraken x52 (240mm). Plus it's quieter. Plus it has less points of failure. Plus it was literally 1/3 the price. Sure, it's marginal, only 3-4 degrees, but wew lad.

What's the purpose of the gigantic metal ring around the CPU? It looks cool though.

I didnt know NZXT made GPUs?

There is no point other than acting as a plate to push the acetal waterblock down.

sorry for the table leg in foreground. First time with water cooling, went pretty okay.

Attached: rbgvomit.jpg (1210x908, 249K)

it just clamps down the mirror for the infinity™ effect. theres leds on the bottom outside too.

Attached: IMG_20190102_203649.png (1440x1080, 2.27M)

I installed my 2TB SSD and 2080Ti edition.

Attached: NewGuts.jpg (2048x1536, 939K)

sorry my weiner is in the pic

Attached: IMG-20181211-WA0013.jpg (1600x900, 169K)

Attached: IMG_20170301_152357.jpg (4208x3120, 3.64M)

I personally try to minimize the number of manufactures in my builds for a purposes.

Current one is almost entirely MSI and Corsair.

I just realized nothing in my new build is by the same company

Enough airflow?

Attached: IMG_20190225_191722.jpg (4608x3456, 3.59M)

Why did you gut the 5.25" bays? They weren't obstructing air flow at all.

I don't really like how they look. If I had even the slightest use for it I'd keep it.

disc drives user. Blu-ray and UHD blu-ray are relevant unless you stream everything. If disc drives aren't your forte, get a cup holder. Or cigarette lighter.

Scrapyard Xeon, Kijiji finds and cheap Amazon shit edition. Now with bad cable management.

What's the purpose of the fan on the bottom?

Is that the Dark Rock Pro 4? Pretty hefty cooler there. What's it cooling?

Attached: IMG-3528.jpg (4032x3024, 3.05M)

>get a cup holder.
Probably the most use I'd get from it.
>cigarette lighter
Uh, how would one do that?

>Is that the Dark Rock Pro 4?
Yup! Cooling a little R7-1700X. 3.8GHz @ 1.34v. CPU barely breaks 60C even under heavy encoding loads for literal days on end. I didn't NEED the cooler as my old Hyper 212+ was still doing its job, but I was tired of the fans noise. Figured I'd drop $180-ish on a BQ! top dog cooler and 140mm BQ! fans all around. Plus it's nice to have in preparation for 7nm Ryzen. I'm hoping for 5GHz.

Your case looks tiny and cramped. But as long as it works, fuck it.

How much does the GPU mod actually help with temps?

I forget how many USB connections it has to actually heat the lighter though.

Attached: WhyNotBoth.png (650x300, 157K)

ngl i dont like gimmicky shit but that's pretty cool

lmao

You have some serious problems in your build.
>godawful cable management in a top tier cable management case
>missing a screw on the CPU cooler waterblock
>RAM is in single channel or won't-boot configuration
>use of RGB RAM in an otherwise don't-care-about-the-looks build
>PSU is installed backwards so as to block the fan

Why would it use USB to heat the lighter? Why not 12V off a SATA or PCIe power connector? Then you'd even have the proper voltage if you plugged a car charger or other accessory into the lighter jack.

Those are pretty good thermals. I originally had a stock Intel cooler on the E3-1225v3, and the thing would get up to 70 or 80 under sustained load. Now it idles at 22 or so and doesn't get much above 50.

The case is a Thermaltake Versa H15. I got it because the mobo is mATX (bummed that from a friend), and for $35 I can't really complain.

Looks objectively fine apart from le tiny meme board in a big case.

Not him but the only use for optical I have is old CD based games that are generally better installed from an iso on my NAS anyway. Owned movies and music are all on my NAS as well.

I miss my dual sapphire rx580 nitro+ but I dont miss crossfire

Just added a single 10tb hdd for my steam library and its great so far

Attached: Untitled.jpg (6488x3000, 3.43M)

the secondary idgaf build

Attached: 20171016_163317.jpg (3264x2448, 2.39M)

who else here C U S T O M F A B B E D

Attached: 20171016_163250.jpg (3264x2448, 2.38M)

I've went from a cheap hyper 212 evo to a dual fan aio $80 and see 10-15°C difference I dont know what that clown was talking about

and my actual machine
>already 3 years old edition

Attached: gutsspec.jpg (2160x1216, 773K)

idk I didn't make the thing. All I remember was there being a bunch of USB ports to power it. It was either that or like 3x molex.
Yup. Big bulky cooler is worth it's weight.
I have a blu-ray capable drive for ripping my rather vast collection. I have a very large and growing collection of physical media. I rip, encode, and shove them onto my server. I'm trying to find a UHD capable drive that can actually rip them. Cocksucking manufacturers have been updating the firmware on a bunch to not allow ripping anymore.
Is that a Radeon VII? And yea xfire has always been a nightmare right along side SLI. No one even codes for it anymore.

How's the Gigabyte software?

Yea, I got a sapphire one on launch day and gave my dual rx580's to friends. This is my old config in pic. It kinda sucked though because I couldn't fit the vive wireless card or the 10gig network card with dual gpus. (the vive card would FIT but it wouldn't run due to IRQ shit that hasn't been fixed in drivers yet)

Suprisingly there's a lot of support for xfire its just not as much as I'd like, for example Elite Dangerous has great crossfire support but not in VR so its useless to me. All of valve's vr stuff has native xfire support, as well as lots of older titles like kf2,

Attached: IMG_20180221_214447990.jpg (1536x2048, 546K)

>Phankeks meme res
>Barrow infinity mirror CPU block
>No hard turbing
>Alphacool GPU block
Lmao

>Cocksucking manufacturers have been updating the firmware on a bunch to not allow ripping anymore.
Well then fuck buying discs anymore. Piracy is the way.

>Yup. Big bulky cooler is worth it's weight.

I spent $20 on mine, is it worth its weight in pig iron?

This thread is inspiring me to de-fuck my cable situation.

>EK

Their non-rad watercooling parts are perfectly fine, albeit overpriced.

How are the temps with that?

the primary (top) card was always 5-10c hotter but it never got very hot and was whisper quiet, I wish the radeon vii was as quiet as the sapphire nitro+ are

Would honestly memes aside have expected higher temps for the top card than just a 5-10c increase desu

I have a 1080 Ti with a 960 below it (for KVM GPU passthrough + host GPU), and the 960 looks like it ought to seriously choke the 1080 Ti but it doesn't seem to have that much effect.

Yeah then compare it to a good tower cooler

Weird I had a similar setup but with two 980 Ti's for a while before I got a 1080Ti as well. But the top 980 basically died when both were under load.
I later split those into two VM hosts because the temps were horrid to say the least.

Attached: guts.jpg (750x742, 118K)

Attached: averageamerican.jpg (480x640, 30K)

I've only tried running both under full load at the same time once, running Unigine Superposition on the host Linux system and Windows 10 VM at the same time, and I didn't have temperature monitoring running at that time.
My 1080 Ti is a Zotac Amp Extreme with a really enormous cooler and the 960 under it isn't nearly as long so it doesn't interfere with airflow as much as 2 of the same card would. Also since the bottom card is a 960 it won't be generating near as much heat itself as a 980 Ti. I think this thing maxes out at 120W.

The 980 Tis were ASUS Strix. On their own the heat output is completely okay and honestly pretty good. But two in one system is a bad idea as I learned. So I basically had to split them into two PCs and cluster them but now the temps are okay and don't throttle under load.

You could have gotten a PCIe extension wire and mounted the lower one someplace else, so as not to block airflow. Then you'd just have to worry about having enough fan to get the hot air out of the case.

I had a quite small case at the time which made that impossible sadly. And I still had parts lying around that I used to build the two "new" PCs that put the 980s in. Sure they have shit CPUs now but I only need the GPUs not CPU performance in those PCs so that was the better option at the time.

Downsized / Upgraded last week. Waiting on some new SSD storage to finish it up.

Attached: CurrentBuild.png (1183x788, 1.42M)

Oven aesthetics tho.