Jow Forums project

I was thinking about starting a solo project but then I thought 'fuck it let's include Jow Forums's autism'. It's been a while since we worked on something together.
So my idea is this: an open soros (2D?) fighting game using the godot engine. Simple enough and there are to my knowledge no open source fighting games. I was thinking about including pepe and wojak as the main characters you could play.

Good idea? I'm about to start set things up. Creating a github and doing some research.

Attached: wojak vs pepe.gif (500x375, 2.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/NEET-FEET/That-Fight-When
soundcloud.com/thewalruslounge
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I will make the logo

No need, I already made one. Pic related

Attached: kisspng-gimp-brush-bell-pepper-chili-pepper-layers-5af9eb968b0b81.1278805615263282145695.png (512x512, 139K)

you will quit tomorrow
guaranteed

>pepe
>wojack

Not this time.

name a more iconic duo

Attached: tenor.gif?itemid=9988760.gif (178x498, 313K)

I'll contribute if you write it in Haskell.

Bad idea. Fighting games are fucking boring and the only way you'd be competitive with such an unimaginative concept is having top notch art assets.

There are haskell bindings for godot but I think it's best to stick with either C++ or GDscript.

Uhm, honey... shit games get a pass if they're open soros

Isn't Mugen open source?

This. People often underestimate the amount of work that making a vidya takes.
That's why Ubisoft and Konami have code monkey sweatshops complete with managers with whips in their hands.

>fighting games are boring
git gut

>implying you know anything about frame data to make the game playable without being completely boring or broken

Fists of Collusion

politically based.
each political figure gets a power up.
Obama has a drone attack.
hillary calls on mollach
etc
etc

have to beat the game with each character to unlock trump who transforms into god emperor and actually can't be beaten and takes no damage.

MUGEN is freeware apparently, not free as in freedom. Also the official site has been down for a long time now.

depends on the scale desu but I think I can whip up a prototype in a few hours.

you got me, that's where I'm gonna need help.

let's keep Jow Forums out of this for now.

I created a repo:
github.com/NEET-FEET/That-Fight-When
Will stick to using GDscript for now since it seems like a nice high level language.
Gonna read up on the docs of Godot, it's been a while since I last used it.

Mugen already exists also go back to /v/

Extreme Tuxfighter 4.21 Turbo coming to your distros's repo soon!

To add to player roster
>Chad/Virgin as a tag team
>GlowInTheDarkCIA
>Memeballs

PORT MUGEN

Okay, so I made a little start by adding some basic movement and a placeholder sprite. I will be pushing it to the git repo. I think I will work on it some more tomorrow when I come back from my daily wageslaving.
Feel free to fork and run it yourself, it should work fine if you have the Godot engine installed.

Attached: preview.webm (892x480, 454K)

What would you guys think of a story driven fighting/strategy game? I had a pretty neat idea for a story and game mechanics. If you've ever played the flash game Imperium the combat would be something like that but with your character also being playable.

I would definitely would be willing to help OP, I like the idea of a fighting game I just think you could beef it up with some story and other simple things.

The character is too small and the area is too bug, unless you want it to be an Arcana Heart type airdasher

I very much like to add a good story and have some ideas on my own, but I think the first thing on the roadmap should be the gameplay, once the basic fighting mechanics are down and you're able to play basic arcade type of matches then story could be worked on.
Checking out Imperium rn, what are your ideas?
True, will change

Well if you're doing a Jow Forums inspired game the story can be a simple rise or fall out of NEETdom depending on how you want to play it. I had other ideas that would work well with the game style that imperium brings (the multiple smaller enemies). But for this game fighting wouldn't 1v1 would work better. You should ask each board on Jow Forums to make you an enemy to fight. It could be a gladiator type story with some end goal.

tfw i want to help but im shit at programming

GDscript is pretty easy, you should check out the tutorial projects of Godot. Easy as fuck

I hope some of you niggas will make some og memes like happy negro and pedobear, not everything has to be wojaks right?

Looking for some music?

soundcloud.com/thewalruslounge

I do a lot of jazzy stuff and jrpg type music but I'm willing to try anything. My work is not the most professional but it gets the job done and I make stuff for free for exp.

Attached: 0a304c413b2082bd5fa223d0a8ddeadd.jpg (550x428, 25K)

Where is a good place to get some free spirtes?

>game
im out

I know enough C to get around user, but I can work a lot better in Python

Attached: desk_clean.png (1052x780, 1M)

how about make it Jow Forums vs other boards?
i know is kinda huge scale project but it seems cool.
anyway

as the concept,how about "the strongest wojak" championship?

b-but unlocking rare wojak is cool

Consider posting this in /vg/'s amateur game dev threads. They might be more willing to help with something like this

I think there is an user in /agdg/ who is working on a Mugen style fighting game where everyone can make and add their own fighters.

Not sure if it's open source though