E-mail providers

Hey Jow Forums

Has anyone of you ever used (or currently use) an e-mail provider other than the bogstandard g-mail and outlook duopoly?

I would like to get into more "premium" e-mail experience without ads and other bullshit attached to running my own and just pay for one.
The only one I know of is FastMail but I have no idea whether it's actually good and if there's a better alternative and I'd like to hear some feedback from more experienced users.

I've been excited about TutaNota (since their pricing seems fair) until I learned that they require a dedicated application to run outside of webbrowsers since they don't support standard IMAP/SMPT

Calendar support would be a nice addition.

Attached: Ege_GBkr_400x400.png (400x400, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

securityboulevard.com/2019/02/protonmail-ssl-certificates-and-darkmatter/
protonmail.com/about
black.host/
mailinabox.email/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 1389866885232.png (759x551, 25K)

For me, it's cock.li.

Set-up your own server you'd be proud of it.

Protonmail

For the long term Gmail and Outlook. Imagine losing your email address because some small company goes bust. Excite doesn't allow new registrations anymore.

riseup.net (you need an invite)
protonmail

Selfhosted

Kek
>ProtonMail SSL certificates and DarkMatter
>securityboulevard.com/2019/02/protonmail-ssl-certificates-and-darkmatter/

The best.

Attached: Cotse1.png (160x120, 13K)

This.

Attached: logo.jpg (400x150, 9K)

I've been using FastMail for over a year now, on recommendation, it's pretty good

>Registration is disabled

Use Protonmail for serious stuff and cock.li for trashmails.

I've had Fastmail for a few years now and I will be moving away from it when my subscription runs out in August (had a three year plan) to a self hosted solution in a non-14 eyes country. I've already got a Romanian VPS from an Icelandic hosting company.

There's nothing wrong with Fastmail. I just refuse to give money to internet hosting companies in the 14 eyes now. "Vote with your wallet" as they say.

I used to host my own personal email. I think that's what everyone did back then.

lol
good luck sending email to any big server

True. Because of the incident. Otherwise, it's again up & running.

Bluewin?

Attached: screen-2.jpg (451x800, 41K)

Been using Fastmail for about 5 or 6 years now.

If you are looking to get away from Google/Microsoft they are pretty good.

Obviously they have the issues with the new Australian legislation that you probably know about unless you have been living under a rock, but in theory it shouldnt really effect them because they are not set up on 0 knowledge encryption and have already been complying with government requests for information for ages. But atleast its not the NSA having direct pipes into the servers.

If you really have reason to keep your emails private from the government because you believe it effects your safety in some way, go ahead and probably use Protonmail or something, but its a little overkill for just standard everyday stuff. And the fastmail webclient is great, probably better then gmail.

>Protonmail
Honeypot, funded by the Swiss government.

Attached: Beni-Weder.jpg (1600x1200, 87K)

Anything wrong with Protonmail?

>Anything wrong with Protonmail?
Depends...
>protonmail.com/about
>Antonio Gambardella
>Antonio also serves as Director at FONGIT, a foundation supporting innovation on behalf of the State of Geneva and the Swiss Federal government.

t. Beni from KaPo Zurich

Attached: antonio-gambardella.jpg (500x500, 20K)

>Hacker Say They Compromised ProtonMail.
www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/hacker-say-they-compromised-protonmail-protonmail-says-its-bs/

I’ve used protonmail for like 3 years at this point and i love it

Good goy.

Attached: beni1.jpg (520x390, 18K)

Don't use Protonmail they got hacked and have inredibly aggressive shills. They'll probably show up in 5..4..3..2...

Never had any problems before.

Fastmail has good web UI, good apps, calendar support, 2FA, unlimited aliases (afaik). All in all I'm pretty satisfied, migrated from and imported a 10+ year gmail inbox, was relatively painless.

cockli with PGP, everything else is shit

>2FA
Kek
>Is there 2factor?
>Ya 1 factor's ur username's the other's ur password

what domain?

Agreed, user.
>Cock.li is your go-to solution for professional E-mail .

I've tried most of the recommendations in this thread and always end up coming back to Gmail simply because of Google's integration with everything else I use. To each his own, though.

>using cock.li

neo/g/s crap

bol.uol.com.br

>To each his own, though.
True. For me, it's Cotse.Net. Joined them after the VFEmail meltdown.

Looks good but not in English, hueanon.

lol good lie

Most people who go through with it actually want to get away from Google services. Congrats on being a lazy faggot

Well, a lot of ppl use Gmail. If he's happy with the botnet, why not? Whatever floats his boat.

Man I want an invite for this

I can give you one :D

Hell yeah [email protected]

I wouldn't mind having an invite
zr506 at airmail.cc

black.host/
mailinabox.email/

Have never had any problems and have been able to store a bunch of pirated crap and a shitton of loli along with email with no problems. They just send me a notice every 6 months saying they denied some DMCA requests.

Attached: ultimate_human.jpg (1080x1331, 216K)

I’ve been using protonmail for a while now but they’re starting to sketch me out. The internet has become too centralized and i think we all need to start dialing back the centralization as much as we can personally. I feel like self hosting on my own hardware at home is the best way to go but it seems like a huge pain in the ass. Self hosting on a vps seems like the most pragmatic approach for a self hosted solution. When I get the time that is my plan.

But if you self host on a VPS it’s already on a big server hehe

Sent ;)

Oh man, I would love an invite to this.
shinra at cock.li

If you're still giving out invites, I'd love one too
[email protected]

Proton

>Sent
You guys wouldn't have a private tracker invite would you?

Thanks, just got it.
I don't have any invites.

Jow Forumsmail

Posteo.de/en/
Mailbox.org
Runbox.com

That run box one looks interesting

Runbox appears to be super-legit and relatively inexpensive. Anyone had any experience?

Also, if I wanted to register a domain name, what the best no-bullshit place to go through these days?

If you want paid/professional email, you can try these:

- Kolab. Pros: Excellent roundcube UI, just werks. Discounts for multiple email. Monthly payment possible. Cons: Price
- Mailbox.org Pros: Cheap. Monthly payment possible. Cons: Need to contact support just to get your account properly activated, even after payment. Setting up group accounts is a hassle. Not recommended for SOHO
- runbox. Pros: Cheap. Good admin interface. Cons: 1998 UI(but you can use their updated beta UI)
- Proton - Pros: Clean UI. Easy alias management. Cons: Web UI is buggy on mobile. No IMAP.

Regardless of choice, the most professional thing you can do is get your own domain so you're never locked into any of these providers.

secmail.pro

Tutanota. Weird name but the web interface rocks.

I can has inbite 2 pleece?
[email protected]

Attached: e3439f39-575b-41c9-971d-747dc878e17d..png (587x466, 22K)