pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

previous:

Attached: nUPiE7Z8J4YBXsVe_GN2Q2pgKNZUDtNfYX2jI4qoXTM.png (462x593, 339K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/issues/2011
amazon.com/Velocifire-Mechanical-Double-Shot-Copywriter-Programmer/dp/B071W16NVZ.
kbdfans.cn/products/topre-keycaps-to-mx-keycaps-adapter-x
amazon.com/dp/B01NAI2TXC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_IOnDCbQY76PQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=S7ToG3W2cbI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

do we really need a general for keyboards of all fucking things

shut the fuck up

Gergo man

I have too much work
I'm stressed

Please send my order so I can type on the keyboard I did a mediocre job soldering and feel slightly less dead inside for about a week.

what company sells the best doubleshot PBT caps? i'd guess SP, but I'm don't have any experience with them, I've had PBT caps from EnjoyPBT and Tai-Hao, though. Tai-Hao's are fine, I guess, they're pretty thin. EnjoyPBT's seem a big thicker, though the set I have is dye-sub, not doubleshot.

SP doesn't do doubleshot PBT.

No good looking shine-through or translucent ISO-DE KEYCAPS

Attached: 1505892266497.jpg (600x600, 46K)

>ISO
retard

oh, you're right

who then?

Other than the chinks and leopold (who don't sell their caps separately anyway) I can't think of any other maker.

I think Varmilo does their own doubleshot PBT, and Ducky/Vortex do PBT/POM doubleshots.

>topre-tards

same desu pls send keyboard

kill yourself americunt and eat my fucking ÖÄÜ?

>mfw moving back in with my mom so I'll have loads of money for shit now
Whats new in the mkb world my dudes? I haven't been up to date for like a year now

Attached: 5024.jpg (155x186, 13K)

Lots of new switch types, kailh box, zeal v2, outemu sky, etc.

Nothing really, just more chink shit.
Cherry finally came out with a new switch and it sucks.

clickbars, box royals, that's about it.

Attached: usp2000.jpg (2400x1600, 1.48M)

Zealio V2, the new best Cherry-style tactile switch on the market.

My Keycool84 with browns arrived from chinkland today buy im still at work so I havent opened it yet :(

are the 40-50 dollarido keyboards on aliexpress okay?
I'm looking to buy one with
>smooshed up 80%
>ru/en keycaps
>blue switches
I found a few but they're all chinese and have the RGB pride parade

Hows the corsair k95 with macros and cherry mx speed? Plus, I'm not really a huge gamer.

>corsair

>I'm not really a huge gamer
>how is this keyboard made for gaymers with gayming switches
???

>gergoman MIA
>gondola keycap man MIA
shit

Attached: sad help helper.png (658x662, 59K)

I was under the impression the 6 macro keys were not exclusive to gaming. If I'm wrong, the keyboard is def not for me.

just get a mechanical macropad.

Probably busy shipping boards out m8.

reminder to clean your key caps

Attached: 20190225_211116.jpg (2048x1152, 664K)

Been looking everywhere but I don't think it exist.

Are there Japanese keycaps (with English and Japanese characters) that are backlit? Looked in Pastebin but nothing.

Corsair gets memed on here because their boards are overpriced for their build, their keycaps are hot garbage and annoying to find replacement sets for because of their non-standard layout, and the software is literal ass.

Might have to go that route. Thanks user!

It's funny, the FOSS linux drivers for corsair boards are significantly better than the proprietary drivers. The UI is nicer since it's not trying to shove epic gamer aesthetics down your throat.

I don't think so, you'd have to get them custom-made. Max keyboard sells a custom printing service for backlit keycaps, but they're ABS.

Ducky used to make some, but they're lasered ABS

Attached: DK9008shine_image-2.jpg (700x527, 256K)

>used to
Damn.

hey you can still buy them used, but because they're lasered ABS they will be shiny and you can't use the sand blast method to get rid of the shine. Maybe you'll be lucky and find one that has no shine on it.

Thanks for the info dudes I appreciate it

Attached: steve stencil.png (363x429, 36K)

based steve

Now that's a sharp-looking keyboard.

QMK question, I currently have space configured as follows: on tap, send space; on hold, switch to a function layer.

Works as expected, except when I double tap and hold, it sends repeated spaces as if I was holding a normal key. Now, this is actually pretty useful behavior, but I don't see it documented anywhere, which makes me worry that it's actually undefined behavior any may disappear at any time. Anyone encountered this?

yeah I have that disabled on my space/shift key. when I had the issue, the fix was some hack in the code for tap keys but it has since become a named feature that you can set.
see github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/issues/2011

Ah, I see. I saw that option, but I must have misread the description. That makes sense.

Seems like it's just a define, though. What do you mean by "disabled on my space/shift key"?

the behavior you described is the default and it wasn't always the TAPPING_FORCE_HOLD define. I had to manually disable it by going into the tmk source and modifying the code for taps because it was getting in the way every time I started a new sentence or typed a capital i. it would just put 2 spaces and a lowercase letter

Currently in the market to but some brown switches on a TKL keyboard. Tempted to buy amazon.com/Velocifire-Mechanical-Double-Shot-Copywriter-Programmer/dp/B071W16NVZ. Am I stupid for wanting to buy this or does this seem alright?

>brown switches
Don't.

Currently using brown switches on a full keyboard. I just have shit taste man.

My condolences. Get better switches m8.

Well I guess I'll just go with that one since its cheap, small, and I like cherry mx browns.

at the very minimum please upgrade to MX clears or equivalent.

I don't like them because they're too loud

Attached: 1551148832961.png (388x413, 5K)

You can get mechanical boards that are quieter than a standard rubber dome you know.

Lubed Healios are god send for that

Not that guy but is that possible without spending hundreds? Mechanical keyboards are already too expensive for what they are.

Silenced gaterons are already pretty quiet, and cheap. Just get those and stick it in whatever (hotswap) board you want.

Yes. A gh60 with Zilent v2s is like 99 bucks.

I just like how topre feels desu

Attached: ok yukko.png (1200x1000, 46K)

How? 60 zilents would already be $72 at its current price.

>severe wrist pains
>look into alternative keyboards for the first time
>discover ergonomic/split keyboards
>impulsively bought an iris diy kit because ergodox-ez was too expensive
>bought cheapest keycaps and mx browns from wasdkeyboards

Parts are coming in soon. Wish me luck, bros.

Chink GH60 kits are 23 ish on taobao for the PCB and case. Keycaps are another 2 bucks. Zilents support PCB mounts so you don't need a plate. You can ask zeal to ship the extra switch for another 1.50

>mfw just discovered gergo and gboards.ca
Could've purchased a fully assembled board for $30 less. Oh well, I'll do more research next time.

>Budget
Sub $175 USD preferably
>Location (continent at least)
US Mid Atlantic
>Preferred switch type
Hotswap / Kailh Box
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
60%
>Backlight
Indifferent
>Previous/current keyboards
ET Robot RGB (~$45 Amazon Chinesium) with some swapped in Box Navy Thicks. Stock switches are Huano Blue's.

I'm looking for a 60% and a closing/lidded case to fit it similar to those wooden ones for the Poker II's and such. Case material doesn't need to be wood but I want something I can close up and stuff in my laptop bag for transport.

I'm not opposed to either building up from parts or buying something built and modifying to my needs. Whichever is the nicest middle ground between labor and expense. If I'm building up a USB C (Elite C / Proton C) compatible board would be nice.

1up hotswap 60% board

Just get a cooler master with linear switches and toss some o-rings on it
ezpz should be like under 80, but I haven't checked prices in a whle.

Has anyone made any cherry slider adapter things for topre boards?
I remember the novatouch had them and you could take them off but they stopped making those.

Yes.

kbdfans.cn/products/topre-keycaps-to-mx-keycaps-adapter-x

Oh snap nice. Are they any good?

I don't use a topre board so I can't really tell you m8. I'm sure if you search around you'll find opinions on them.

Had a medical emergency in the family and had to fuck off for 3 days. Here's me shitting my pants while going through Banff.

Fuck mountains, fuck my cats that pried open my fridge and fuck my depleting trackball reserves.

Got that one anons bagged up and all the outstanding kits should be shipped tomorrow. Sorry for taking so long fuck.

Never do shit on your own. Also GergoFag photo

Attached: 52806626_2119729451395813_7444565834627809280_n.jpg (1080x1080, 164K)

>Got that one anons bagged up and all the outstanding kits should be shipped tomorrow. Sorry for taking so long fuck.
no worries m8, keep up the good work

I got some nice little sockets coming in the mail soon and a bunch of box novelias waiting to shove in a gergo

Just make sure you solder those millmax sockets in good, seen some bad stuff come of them. Apparently for aligning the things just whack em on a switch while you solder them in and remove it.

Also those are some pretty but heavy switches. Once my springs come in I get to spring swap around 2K switches :(

I've put them in boards before with no trouble. Plus, you have to solder them in, they're not friction fit like holtites.

Oh cool! I don't know why but I've always avoided sockets for some reason. They fuck up plates and stuff or does everything still mount at the exact same height?

Is ornata worth getting?

Attached: 8116DtW4WWL._SX425_.jpg (425x300, 16K)

They don't sit completely flush with the PCB but you're talking about an off set of like a quarter of a millimeter so it's really not an issue unless you've got some retarded tolerances for whatever reason.

You mentioned in another thread someone working on a sandwich case, any updates with that? I'd love to get my hands on it.

Not that I've seen, I've been too busy to get out to the space and get my case I was working on finished and prototyped :/

If you send me a email I'll get those files to you if you know your way around a CNC machine. Otherwise there's a Gergo slip case over on thingiverse but that's it :(

If anyone wants a whack at it get in touch and I'll get you the edge cuts for the board/switch pos

I don't know fuck about CNC or CAD so that wouldn't be of any use to me. Thanks though.

Thoughts on this keyboard?
amazon.com/dp/B01NAI2TXC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_IOnDCbQY76PQ4

That's terrible user

well then what's good

If you need absolutely need the row stagger, check out the Quefrequency. If you like Ortho Gherkin is always a solid bet. Split boards try the Redox, Iris, Crkbd or Gergo. Fullsize Id say get in on the Satisfaction75 group buy going on right now. Upas is tight!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What's wrong

>razer shit

Of course it isn't, newfriend.

ausfag looking to upgrade to a mechanical. Everything on pccasegear is rgb shit, are there any decent murican sites that don't horrendously overcharge for shipping?

I need a keyboard that makes my pee pee hard

I'm new to mechanical keyboards but why are they so expensive? Is there really no good mechanical keyboards under $100?

Niche market because most people have no problems using membrane keyboards and the fact that personal computers are on the decline. Products are not priced based on how much it costs to produce them but how much people are willing to pay for them.

It really depends on what you want in a board. Some people come to mechs for the feel/sound, others the construction quality, programability, ergo options, etc. There's a ton of different factors that go into a board and if you try to optimize them all you kind of end up with super expensive boards. Like the V.EA and whatnot.

That and tons of Jewing, don't forget that. Some people autisticly hoarde the things too so that's a bit fucked.

You can get chink boards for $30ish m8.

redpill me on cool master

ISO is based af. The big enter key it's beautiful.

>kill yourself americunt and eat my fucking ÖÄÜ?
And my Ñ too.

Attached: fg.jpg (1920x1080, 75K)

baßed

>Budget
sub $150
>Location (continent at least)
canada
>Preferred switch type
looking for linear
>Layout
ansi
>Form factor
60-75%
>Backlight
not an issue
>Previous/current keyboards
kbparadise v60 gateron blues

I really enjoy my current keyboard but was thinking something linear with no clickity clack might be useful.

this

Just watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=S7ToG3W2cbI

What is the best membrane keyboard Jow Forums?

IBM model m.