Linear algebra is doing to end my cs career before it starts

>linear algebra is doing to end my cs career before it starts

Attached: CvS_r8KWEAEYSzo.jpg (900x1200, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fNk_zzaMoSs&list=PLZHQObOWTQDPD3MizzM2xVFitgF8hE_ab
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you can't do basic math, I can only imagine how shit your code is

>linear algebra
>basic math
no

Study it on Khan Academy and Brilliant. And grind like a motherfucker. Also on ye good ole textbook

Attached: 1511192807817.jpg (540x540, 19K)

>tfw 1.7 gpa Calc 1
>tfw 2.1 gpa second time
am I gonna make it?

it may not be basic but it certainly isn't hard

I spent over an hour at school today trying to figure out a related rates question for Calc I homework. I go braindead when attempting college-level math because there is a shit ton I don't have a solid foundation on (I don't know anything about trig, don't even know how to work with fractions or factor well), but I'm scrambling to learn stuff as I go in the class. I'm making it work so far but I seem to be mimicking techniques to solve problems without understanding wtf is actually going on. Advice?

I think English already did that for you.

>related rates
thats the hardest topic in calc 1 desu.

I didn’t even finish high school math kek

pauls math notes

How on earth is linear algebra not basic math? Or are you trolling?

EE here, linear algebra was my favorite match class

No. Sorry, brainlet.

How did you get into cal 1 without first doing trig? Is that not a prereq?

>Americans actually believe this

if it's so basic then why does only 0.0000001% of the human population learn it

jesus, why are you so retarded? if you can't do this how are you going to do the harder maths? I assume there's more maths than just linear algebra in CS
t. civil engineer

Changing a tire or your oil is as basic as it gets for vehicle maintenance, but I bet you can't do that either.

Oi dickhead instead of complaining how hard it is why not study¿
t. Doing physics degree, have tonnes of dumb cunts like this in my maths lectures/tuts

I've done both of those before and they don't require anywhere near the level of dedication

>do homework
>review homework and classroom examples before exam
>pass

if you cant manage to get atleast a b then you arent trying hard enough.

>0.0000001% of human population
That's about 8 people.
Holy shit you're bad at math

Attached: 1534625046212.png (1000x666, 245K)

What does that even mean? A low percent of the population learn to shovel shit to fetrize crops, those that mean it's difficult?

Do EE have to take complex? Or do you all do some watered down """engineering""" crap?

>algebra is doing to end
Shouldn't have smoked so much pot.

>Do EE have to take complex?
I'm not him but EEs usually have to take complex analysis for a masters, not a batchelors.

That sucks. Linear algebra was the only math class I actually enjoyed :^)

... really? Well that's nice. I left school super pissed at myself for spending an hour failing to figure out an equation to use for the problem.
I know of this but I should probably try to use it more, thanks for reminding me.
I assume it is and I have no fucking idea how I got here without learning it. I barely passed PreCalc, and did the thing where I copy techniques without actually knowing what I'm doing, the class was set up to allow a passing grade with super minimal effort.

>Haskell is going to end my cs degree after 3 years
HOW THE FUCK DO I TRAVERSE GRAPHS WOTH THIS POS LANGUAGE

Linalg is unironically the only math class i did ok in
What's so hard about it? Its just advanced plug-and-chug.

here
Are related rates before or after optimization problems? I will look through my notes and see if i can find the strategy my prof gave us

math is easy

Attached: sci.jpg (1277x2052, 627K)

Did you take linear algebra or "linear algebra"?

We got to take the easy one without all the proofs

How the fuck math is actually hard for people these days? You can literally google any book and watch a video about it. Shit is easy as fuck. I wish I would just google everything I don't know years ago when I actually needed to study something instead of trying to understand a shitty written textbook

Before, in our book

Found them:
1. -Define your variables. (note: they will be changing w.r.t. time t, and be sure t is one of those variables)
-write down (and label properly) given info (remember that given rates are derivatives w.r.t. t)
-write down what you are seeking (generally a rate)
2. write down an equation that is in terms of your non-t variables (e.g., the variables are related to eachother in via this eqn., such as S (surface area) = 4 * pi * r^2 )
3. Implicitly differentiate w.r.t. t
4. solve for the desired rate

Furthermore, remember that the shadow ones are pretty much all exercises in understanding how similar triangles work, and with that you can get the equations for those

Dude this. I have a test tomorrow I haven't even started studying for because other tests. I'm basically screwed, not required for my major tho.

I guess it makes sense. I did math in undergrad, I just remember the professor making all of these references why this course was necessary for EE lol

Oi m8, I heard you talking shit about my little brother, how about you come with me for a sec and I show you what real math is like

Attached: out.png (2942x1093, 8K)

set one get of Jow Forums.

Yeah our book describes a strategy similar to that. My problem is finding an equation, I'm gonna get some sleep and have a go at it again later. Thanks user

LOL, to be honest I've never used any math other than the basic add, subtract, multiply and divide crap they teach in primary school for my job and in my daily shit outside of work. Even then it's a simple mater of pulling out my phone and bringing up the calculator. Most the shit they teach you you'll never use in the real world unless it's for some real fancy job.

Systems Programming might be the end of my cs career. Really starting to feel like a brainlet now.

Attached: 1548984001376.jpg (483x461, 31K)

I had to take stats and linear algebra three times before I passed

Attached: 1536140829514.jpg (550x543, 30K)

just study the fuk up bro

I unironically thought I was going to fail both stats and linear algebra in the same semester, but stats was curved and my final for linear algebra would replace a grade of a midterm exam if it was higher. Both of these policies saved me from those god awful math classes.

Attached: 1548885871860.jpg (491x287, 23K)

look into Paul's Notes. Yandex it.

You literally just have to learn the definition of vector space, and memorize about 3 matrix algorithms to pass.

This doesn't even require much mathematical reasoning skill. You can grind it if you don't have talent.

shits not fun bro. it doesnt stick
im trying to make games and shit, not be Terrence fucking Tao

Hello array
Hello hadarmard (of array)
Hello dot product (of array)
If you cannot do basic linear algebra. How can you get into data structure and operations?

I can do linear algebra i dont have to be aware of it though

Linear algebra is incredibly basically, as is the undergraduate calculus series. If any of those courses phase you, you are NOT SMART ENOUGH TO PROGRAM.

>incredibly basically
fuck off gatekeeping pajeet

Yes

I don’t think you know what linear algebra is

This is my friend but discrete math

Should I encourage him to swap majors or remain silent on the matter

I'm in a similar boat but with Calc 2. If I can't pass it this time I'm gonna switch to IT or something else. It depends how badly he's struggling and if he's really trying or not.

R-Rossman?

How the hell do you plan on programming games without knowing linear algebra

absolute state of american education
>the thread

Attached: 1536435315641.jpg (780x591, 139K)

looks like Max Hass from wolfenstein

I failed my first calculus course, took it as a wakeup call that I needed to take shit seriously, and now work at a FAANG company.

The important thing is sitting down and grinding out those study hours, if you're willing to do it till you're getting high B's and A's in your math classes, you'll make it.

>BASED math courses weeding out the pajeets
thinking you don't need algebra for a CS career is like thinking you don't need to lift for a football career. sure you won't use barbells on the field, but you need to grow your muscles. same with algebra it trains your brain to think in a certain manner which will in turn help you as an engineer. hell, my CS degree had a physics course as a must because the school was hardcore like that.

Brainlet

T. Barely got a C in (online but still proof based) linear algebra

This is basic stuff. If you wanna do serious "cs" then you will have to get past this. If it is too difficult consider not doing CS and instead just being a code monkey (CS=math, not programming). For any brainlets who wanna learn teenage-tier math: youtube.com/watch?v=fNk_zzaMoSs&list=PLZHQObOWTQDPD3MizzM2xVFitgF8hE_ab

Lineare Algebra isn't particularly hard, but it's boring and a pain to learn. Depending on your uni you can pass with only basic knowledge or you might need to dive quite a bit deeper into the topic.

Linear Algebra is one of the easiest parts of CompSci mathematics, and also the most useful in real life.
Abstract algebra is harder, but still doable with a good teacher.
Calculus is just lots and lots of practice.
Complexity theory however can be murderous. I failed it twice but luckily the professor retired and the new department decided to take it easy on proofs. I then passed, barely.

Attached: introduction-to-complexity-theory-assignment-6-638.jpg (638x826, 108K)

>fails at linear algebra
Holy shit. Is it even possible to live with an IQ this low?

ITT arrogant and lying people tell Jow Forums how easy is math
t. someone who worked as a programmer

easy math is*

Math is about as hard as lifting your own body weight
Of course it's hard if you're out of shape
But practice daily for 2 or 3 years and almost anyone will be able to do it
What people are really saying is not "math is hard", but "I don't like math." and the school system is to blame; also the parents.

when do you need to use linear algebra in programming?

is it a frontend graphics thing

wtf user are you me ?

>im trying to make games and shit
>without linear algebra