What does Jow Forums think about Mullvad VPN? Can they be trusted with your traffic? If not, what VPN do you trust?

What does Jow Forums think about Mullvad VPN? Can they be trusted with your traffic? If not, what VPN do you trust?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (700x400, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nearly every single VPN is compromised though. logjam was just a part of the puzzle. everyone should know about this since 2013 and 2015. vpns are transparent to governments.

Reminder
gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29

that's a fucking retarded list though

Tunnelbear

Attached: Creator of Windows.jpg (842x575, 34K)

>In Canada
why do you trust them?

Mullvad and cryptostorm are in my top 5. The only thing you should be doing the most with a vpn is torrenting. Anything more and you are being tracked.

anyone that lets you pay with a random gift card and is int based in the (((USA)))

I get good speeds with Mullvad and it works well to get around censoring on my work network. I forget I have it on most days.

Currently have it, no complaints with speed or anything. Sweden is on the last ring of the 14 eyes, but I do it for a better sense of privacy from people outside of alphabets. Only thing I have issues with it is I get connection errors with 4chanx while it's active.

I use mullvad when I travel, never had a single problem with it, itÅ› safe enough for you to use when you are out.

Interesting read. I am planning to use my local libraries wifi tomorrow, so I had a similar question to OP. I guess making your own VPN is the only answer...

He basically just says that every VPN is logging everything. Sure, they can log everything, but your ISP is 100 % logging everything you do and they will log it forever.

So even if there is a 0.001 % chance that your VPN isn't logging, you are already at a better position than with only your ISP.

Also this whole link forgot a lot of things
>no more geo restrictions
Only with a VPN you can play for example Japanese MMORPGs, or use the US Netflix, or even watch geo restricted Youtube content. This alone makes it worth it to have a VPN (even if you just use it for this.)
>being anonymous on sites which show your country like Jow Forums
pretty comfy to shit post with another country. Through most VPN IPs are banned anyway on Jow Forums.
>no ISP speed reducing
If you use a VPN, your ISP doesn't know what you are doing. If they normally always reduce your speed if you watch Youtube videos, they now can't see what you are doing and can't cherry pick when to fuck you up and when not to.
>you can use file sharing all day long without any fear to get sued
I know this is not important for every country, but if you life in a shit hole like the USA, using torrent is like fucking whores. You don't know what you get. A VPN is a top tier condom where you can enjoy everything.

The reason why I use Nordvpn (I can already see the PIA and Torguard shills seething)
>not in the 14 eyes
>most servers give me around 96 % of my normal internet speed
>router and Android support
>no leaks
>no logs
>top tier speeds for torrenting
>even a dedicated Tor support
>great app
>easy connectivity
>no connection problems even after using the same server for weeks
>top tier guides where every question is answered
>over 5k servers in every important country
>even Netflix support in every country
>there are so many new servers each month that even if an ip is banned you will most likely find a working one
>cheap

Sadly NordVPN has no Paypal anymore, so it seems after this it's over for me

Interesting. I do see how hosting your own server is a limitation now that you mention that Nord offers 5k+ servers. This really makes me consider buying into the meme. I don't plan on doing anything illegal other than maybe torrent... Do you have any experiences with other VPNs?

Not him, but Vypr will ban you for torrenting hollywood shit. proton seems to be a decent free one, haven't tried their premium.

>what VPN do you trust?
tor

Started using it about a month and a half ago. I'm quite impressed everything works with a single number. I've been experiencing issues with connectivity though (e.g. needing to restart openvp when resuming after hibernation). The problem could be on my side rather than theirs.

I don't give a shit if my VPN logs. I use a VPN to avoid being data mined and profiled. Using your ISP is like going on the web nude.

Nice viral marketing

All VPN's are honeypots.

I agree, I'd probably prefer a VPN have a chance of logging me rather than my ISP guaranteed logging me. But, if your VPN keeps logs then you're just being datamined by a third party.

are there any good free VPNs for people who are extremely jewish like me?

This guy has no clue wtf he's talking about from a judicial standpoint. Typical paranoid conspiracy thinker. Mullvad seems to me one of the more trustworthy vpns around.

If I were to guess which of the major VPN providers are honeypots, nord would be in my top 3.

does it still work in china?

They stopped shilling Tunnelbear the moment there was a shadow of a doubt on them. Now they shill PIA which confessed under oath they dont collect logs for whatever it's worth

ALL VPN's collect logs. However, the key is how long they retain them. I believe most VPN's purge them often, probably keep them for at most a month or so. That's significantly better than your ISP who keeps logs literally forever.

This means if for whatever reason a 3 letter agency subpoenaed your VPN to collect logs, they most likely wouldn't be able to get anything in time.

Personally I host OVPN server on my own machine mostly for circumventing my company's proxy filters and snooping, and proton vpn as backup if my isp is an ass.

>Personally I host OVPN server on my own machine mostly for circumventing my company's proxy filters and snooping
If I worked at any large corporation, especially a tech related one, I'd definitely make sure I was behind a VPN too. They snoop on your privacy more than your ISP does.